PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New 2009 NFL Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

I am going to make the Oakland's selection just to keep things moving, Tank Johnson in Cincy, well they missed out on Ells last year but I bet they are pleased with Raji:)
Jeez... If your picking for Al don't forget the blindfold.

Jeez... If your picking for Al don't forget the blindfold.

There just took the blindfold off:D:D How did I do???

Just to warn a couple of guys who picked right ahead of #7 that his first two choices went 5 & 6 so watch out he could be upset:)

Last edited:
Wow Oher ahead of Andre Smith? I'd think Andre's character flags would find a perfect match in Oakland. Either that or he takes a speedy WR, because al just loves speed.

Wow Oher ahead of Andre Smith? I'd think Andre's character flags would find a perfect match in Oakland. Either that or he takes a speedy WR, because al just loves speed.

Have you seen Oher 40 time:D:D

Before the Senior Bowl I had Oher as a perfect fit in Oakland and I would not say Andre Smith has Oakland type character issues he just does not work out:).

Whiza and Green Bay are on the clock at pick #9

Fast furious and surprising the first 7 picks were. (don't know why I am typing like Yoda) I couldn't take Heyward-Bey that high I just couldn't so the Jags went best available in my opinion and added some much needed pass rush even though I was thinking offense going in.

Tank says hello...

Touche! But then again that's yet another reason for not taking a DT. ;)

lol yeah I don't think he takes Crabtree if he had been available.

Well to keep things moving I put the GB pick up on the board via PM from WhiZa (I love that picture of Pioli wearing the KC hat:D).

I love this pace we are already a day ahead of schedule:D:D

San Francisco 49ers(SamBamsFan) you are finally on the clock.

Last edited:
Well to keep things moving I put the GB pick up on the board via PM from WhiZa (I love that picture of Pioli wearing the KC hat:D).

I love this pace we are already a day ahead of schedule:D:D

San Francisco 49ers(SamBamsFan) you are finally on the clock.
So many needs, so little time... I see the Shaun Hill/ JT O'Sullivan era coming to a close on this city on the bay

I'm going to be out for about five hours, but should be back around 1pm Eastern.

Looks like we'll have our next pick after lunch. :)

So far RAJI and SANCHEZ are the only picks that went the same way in the previous mock. BTW I updated the draft list so far. ;)

Bakes thanks for updating the list:)

SamBamsFan I though you were going to jump all over the USC kid at #10 nice pick.

I guess we are going to have to wait for gomezcat to finish his tea:p:p

This Draft is moving along pretty good and thanks to all of you. I wanted to let you know that anyone wants the Redskins they are avaiable to the first GM that ask. I did not get any newbies to come aboard.

This Draft is moving along pretty good and thanks to all of you. I wanted to let you know that anyone wants the Redskins they are avaiable to the first GM that ask. I did not get any newbies to come aboard.
I'll do their pick (though if there are any aspiring GM's that don't have teams yet- here is your chance).

broadwayjoe if the Browns do make the trades of Braylon Edwards and Brady Quinn, will they be included in our mock? Assuming the picks involved are not made yet of course. I already have the Giants(suspected to be going after Edwards) so that might not matter anyway.

We're waiting on Gomezcat for the Bills at #11. I'm prepared to make the Broncs pick at #12 -- but not until 5pm est (at the earliest). Thought I'd mention this for those waiting. :)

broadwayjoe if the Browns do make the trades of Braylon Edwards and Brady Quinn, will they be included in our mock? Assuming the picks involved are not made yet of course. I already have the Giants(suspected to be going after Edwards) so that might not matter anyway.

Since this draft has already started it will probably be to late to make that change. Kinda like the Cutler trade last draft.

Bakes thanks for updating the list:)

SamBamsFan I though you were going to jump all over the USC kid at #10 nice pick.

I guess we are going to have to wait for gomezcat to finish his tea:p:p

Sorry for the delay guys. We have been out for a long walk in the country and I was surprised to see the pick come up. :eek:

Edit: I'm very much a "build from the trenches guy". Buffalo can use all the help it can get on D. Let's see if Brown gives them an upgrade over Chris Kelsay, as insurance if Schobel doesn't come back, or if he can be a fit at OLB.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay guys. We have been out for a long walk in the country and I was surprised to see the pick come up. :eek:

Did you wear knee socks and m'andles like a proper Brit?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back