PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Never realized Adalius had such a big mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger Goodell is a fool. He wants the players to play extra REGULAR season games in lieu of preseason (practice) games. If he doesn't realize the diff he is unqualified to be the NFL Czar. He should give back the Pats 1st round draft pick he stole from them.

You are missing the point. Players negotiate for their salary and AD negotiated based on the salary cap at the time and a 16 game regular season. If the league changes to an 18 game season, AD can either renegotiate (based on an expanded cap), not play (money not worth the extra games) or suck it up and play.

If player contracts mention a 16 game regular season, then all contracts would need to be reworked anyway. I assume that is the case. The union will have a say on whether or not this happens and then AD can ask for whatever money he wants. He won't get it, but he can ask.

I think the point is that existing contracts should get a pro-rated revenue increase if there are more regular season games and higher TV revenues and that this should be negotiated by the union on a league-wide basis. I think that this position would find a ton of support (as it already has in this thread). Goodell's use of semantics to bypass this point is misleading at best (even if there's an argument that he is technically accurate).

I agree with him!

I agree with him too. However, the article (or his tone) comes off a bit combative. It reads a little stronger than I'd like to see from the 'harmonious' Patriots.

"You can mark me down on the injured list for two weeks. You can put that in your books. You’ve done lost your mind.”......Adalius Thomas

Any player who is promising to fake an injury for two weeks while being paid 10's of millions of dollars to play football, should not be allowed to continue as a New England Patriot. I'm sure the Raiders will take him.

"You can mark me down on the injured list for two weeks. You can put that in your books. You’ve done lost your mind.”......Adalius Thomas

Any player who is promising to fake an injury for two weeks while being paid 10's of millions of dollars to play football, should not be allowed to continue as a New England Patriot. I'm sure the Raiders will take him.
Fans are glad that you do not have ANYTHING to do with the Patriot's front office...

Chill. It's negotiation rhetoric.

Fans are glad that you do not have ANYTHING to do with the Patriot's front office...

No interest in integrity...........just wins and losses? Got it.

Someone needs to let AD know that though he has a gripe about players not making as much to play in the preseason the fans are still paying the same ticket price!

Goodell really sidestepped ANY talk of the players reactions pointing out that it is a 20 games that the player's play...basically that the revenue comes from those 20 games. While that is true, he faiils miserably by using as an excusse for adding two the fact that preseason games are NOT up to the quality of regular season games. AN incredible revelation for Roger...MAYBE he is the only one who has gotten that. So as an excuse to improve quality the two preseason games need to be ones that count AND THEN the quality will go up. It makes little sense..and if he is selling this point..there will not be a LOT of takers. Whether the income is from 20 does not matter..the players get paid their salary MOSTLY on those 17 weeks of the season..the real season. Is this some bargaining chip? I THINK it hit a nerve with AD and I do not blame him at all for what he said..in fact I am GLAD that some players have spoken out against Goodell's stupidity. I think he said what he did MORE about making a strong statement.than what he would really do.

This all goes away in 10 months. Adalius Thomas will be a 33 year old linebacker with a $9.4 million dollar cap number when 2010 season arrives.

When he gets cut in 10 months no one will remember his promises to fake injuries, or his call for Tom Brady to wear a skirt with pom poms. See ya pal !

Actually its not utterly absurd, you can certainly argue that is true, and they are getting paid for playing 20 games. Once again all posturing until we see the final contract.

No, they are getting paid for 16 games and 4 Pre Season games. To try to characterize it as anything else is dishonest.

No sense of humor? Got it.

Sorry, but your right. Most of the country is just trying to hold onto their job or keep their house and these multi-million dollar athletes complaining about a football game being changed from a "preseason" to a "regular season" game offends me. And when the player, who gladly cashed his $12.5 million dollar signing bonus check, promises to possibly throw the season by faking injuries in the last two weeks of the season, yes..........I do lose my sense of humor. Sorry.

No, they are getting paid for 16 games and 4 Pre Season games. To try to characterize it as anything else is dishonest.

You can try to play semantics all you like, a game is a game. You can argue they play 16 regular season games, which is true, and you can argue they play much harder during the regular season, which is true for some players, but not all, but you can't argue they don't play 20 games.

You can try to play semantics all you like, a game is a game. You can argue they play 16 regular season games, which is true, and you can argue they play much harder during the regular season, which is true for some players, but not all, but you can't argue they don't play 20 games.

I can't? Have you ever actually watched a preseason game?

Another reason why I think we might be in for a long labor strife.. They have to do something, because they are going down that slipery slope where people may not come back..

On the football side, I hope Thomas is that passionte about playing football this year.. because except for a few plays he has not wowed me yet, I understand he was inj last year, but come AD show up on the field first..

Sorry, but your right. Most of the country is just trying to hold onto their job or keep their house and these multi-million dollar athletes complaining about a football game being changed from a "preseason" to a "regular season" game offends me. And when the player, who gladly cashed his $12.5 million dollar signing bonus check, promises to possibly throw the season by faking injuries in the last two weeks of the season, yes..........I do lose my sense of humor. Sorry.

Whine all you want about people losing their jobs or whatever other bullsh*t you see fit. It is meaningless in this context.

The NFL is a business, it operates on supply and demand. There is plenty of demand, and so the players get paid big money because they bring in big money. Whether or not Joe Six Pack is laid off or broke, the NFL should compensate their players based on earnings.

If you don't like it, feel free to lift some weights and try out at an NFL camp this summer.

Last edited:
Whine all you want about people losing their jobs or whatever other bullsh*t you see fit.........."Triple Option"

Your a class act pal.

I can't? Have you ever actually watched a preseason game?

I sure have, have you. Oh yea those players trying to make the team play at half speed. I have seen more hellacious hits during preseason then I ever have during the regular season. Truthfully, I bet I have seen almost as many injuries per preseason game as I have during the regular season. I remember the preseason game that two starters got hurt, Lippett, and Tippett and I thought at the time cost us the season, remember that game? Good thing they were playing 1/2 assed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back