Welcome to PatsFans.com

Never realized Adalius had such a big mouth

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BadMoFo, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Another millionaire complaining about money. Lovely.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. Grizzafted

Grizzafted Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I really hope he displays that kind of leadership and passion in the locker room this year now that Vrabel's gone.

I also agree with him completely. The season is long enough. I hate Roger Goodell.
  3. Bertil

Bertil Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I completely agree with him. Although I'd love to see the extra game, I think that the human body can only take so much punishment. There are going to be adverse health impacts from an expansion of the Regular Season that Goodell will never assume any responsibility for. They just want to expand the game beyond the borders of the US and are willing to have others pay the price for their avarice. The current structure of the NFL (32 teams - 8 Divisions - 2 - Conferences - 16 Game Season) is really almost perfect. Every game counts, every playoff slot is valuable and only the rare deserving team (you're familiar with a very recent example) misses the postseason. Balance has been achieved, yet the gluttons want more, more MORE!
  4. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Legitimate arguments to take to the negotiating table.

I believe Goodell is a lawyer, now the NFLPA has a lawyer running their side, it's like the line from the movie Other People's Money '[T]hey've got their lawyers, so I've got mine, they're like nuclear weapons, they've got theirs, so I've got mine, once you use them, they "F" everything up.'

Goodell is going to town to force a lockout in 2011...unless he's throwing the 18 game season out so he's got something to remove from the table during negotiations...
  5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 5 / -1

You know what? I agree with AD. If they extend the season to 18 games, the NFL is going to make a lot of money from broadcasting rights for those two additional weeks. Goodell is going to go to the networks, ESPN, and DirecTV and say that the NFL is going to give them two more weeks of regular season football and he expects them to pony up for them and pay the league for those two weeks.

Why shouldn't the players have the same attitude? Why should the league make extra money for adding weeks to the season, but expect the players to honor their same contracts eventhough they have to play two extra weeks?

I think if the league does expand the season two weeks, player's contracts should be adjusted to accomodate that. It is only fair. Goodell isn't expanding the season to give the networks two free weeks of football or just out of the goodness of his heart. He is doing it to increase revenue for the NFL.

I don't come down on the players' side on a lot of issues, but this one I clearly do.
  6. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Don't kid yourself. This isn't about health issues, it's about money.

Why would he be complaining about the NFL getting softer and also be complaining about the health ramifications of converting one or two preseason games into regular season games?
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Nope, he got an economics degree from Washington and Something college but no law school....If he had had a JD, I think he would have handled several situations differently, less form a PR point of view (which is what he had for a first job) He can F it up well enough without a law degree.
  8. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

How can the league NOT pay the players more for a longer season? There's an increased injury risk for one thing. Good for AD. GODell can't expect more and not expect to have to pay for it seeing as the league's income will increase as well. I'm against lengthening the season anyway, plus imho GODell walks on the shady side of the street when it benefits him to do so.
  9. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I guess maybe if it was someone else doing the talking, it'd more understandable. But Adalius Thomas signed the biggest free agent contract in team history and hasn't done much to warrant it, well except that interception return against the Chargers and a decent Super Bowl.
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I absolutely agree with him. Players should get a chunk of the pie. It's on their backs that this extra money will be made so it is only fair.
  11. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It appears you completely twisted the point of that article.

I agree with Adalius. If you're going to add more NFL games to the regular season and make more TV and attendance money off that, the players should get more too.
  12. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He's absolutely right. Contracts would have to be adjusted for a longer regular season. OP couldn't be more wrong and AD is showing great leadership here.
  13. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

While I agree with his premise, the delivery leaves much to be desired. He sounds like a spoiled millionaire.
  14. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

No, he sounds like a union rep, which is essentially what he was. His communication on the issues is excellent. Try to Picture Kevin Faulk speaking out on these items...

"mumble mumble hahaha mumble the team mumble whatever haha mumble"

I agree with all of his stances, frankly. I do wonder, though if similar positions where held the other times the season was lengthened.
  15. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think every point he makes is very reasonable (although I like the expanded rule on not lunging at the QB from the ground). I don't have a problem with him saying it particularly when he's a player rep.
  16. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I don't think I noticed this in Mike's version:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/?p=2952&srvc=sports&position=recent_bullet

I get the semantics there, nothing really said, but if I were say... Mike Florioioio, I'd be all over that one! Especially since we know Brady would absolutely go for it.
  17. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Disagree, he sounds like a guy who doesn't give things up for free. It's entirely irrelevant how a person sounds except on talk radio, let's stick to analyzing his argument.
  18. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Thomas is correct.
  19. Metaphors

Metaphors Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

You are all missing the point that the salary cap is based on revenue. If the revenue for the league goes up (tickets, TV, etc.), then the players get their cut of that revenue increase in the form of a greater salary cap. You can agree with AD about a number of things, but his contention that player salary is not determined by the revenue from a 20 game season (preseason + regular) is just flat out incorrect.
  20. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bye Bye Thomas. No way Pats carrying his $10 million dollar cap number after this season.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.