PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Never punt... and always onside kick?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
but what's his conversion rate?

Actually pretty good! But he's also score a 100+ point game. I'm starting to wonder if the video game is not precisely the same as real professional athletes playing on the field. ;-)

I imagine onside kicks are higher probability in high school, as most of the receiving team on kickoffs have difficulty fielding the ball cleanly.

Actually pretty good! But he's also score a 100+ point game. I'm starting to wonder if the video game is not precisely the same as real professional athletes playing on the field. ;-)
Sounds like why I played the last Madden for a day before quitting - getting beat up by people who never punt.

Also, don't buy Madden because of deflategate and because the 2K series was superior, which caused EA to buy the exclusive rights to snuff out the competition. Sadly, I bought again for 2015 or 2016 on impulse having not purchased the product since Vince Young was on the cover previously. But no more.

BB actually discussed this during one of his Q&As.
bassically he said that the numbers were so marginal like .05% that it wasn't worth the risk. much more can go wrong, more easily by not punting in obvious 4th and long situations, and always going for it on 4th down.

I've seen a few stories on this coach, first off, he has like 100 different onside kick plays, everything from pop ups to drilling the fattest kid in the stomach with the ball. With the KO rules in the NFL and the easy in which kickers get touchbacks, I doubt the onside everytime would work well in the NFL. Plus of course, you don't have that fat kid on the return team. Everyone is a great athlete in the NFL.

As for punting, the odds are with him on that, even in the NFL. BUT even this guy, punted once last year, they were facing like a 4th and 30 from their own ten and he quick kicked.

Sorta like when the Patriots tried the surprise onside kick against the Eagles, contributing to them losing HFA in the playoffs and potentially a 5 super bowl.

Well, aren't you a pocketful of rainbows. ;)

If the Patriots try to employ any of these tactics against the Ravens, expect a blubbering Harbaugh to cry about deception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back