PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Never happen but what would you trade for…

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatch62

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Never happen but what would you trade for…

David Givens?

I know that it would never happen but if the Pats were to “panic†and go out to get a receiver why not one that knows the offense. The deal with the Titans was 5 year $24 million with a $8 million signing bonus. Titans would not want to eat the $8 million bonus so the trade will not happen but if it was possible, what would you give up? Would you trade a #1 for Givens for 5 years at $16 million? Figure for the Titans to eat $8 million it would have to be at least a 1st (which Givens is not worth under normal circumstances).

Just curious.

Re: Never happen but what would you trade for…

F no on the 1st rounder and F yes, it would and will never happen. I WOULD, however, trade a #1 pick for some patience and a few less girly newbies panicking about an out-of-sync passing game.

Last edited:

I wouldn't take Givens back for a fourth rounder.

Donald Driver.

Forgetting the Signing Bonus, nothing because he would have stayed if we'd matched the contract. Now, as the Titans would eat the $8M bonus, that's a benefit to us of about $1.6M per year, like you said, making him about a $3M WR. I forget what we offered him, it was probably about that or a little less. I wouldn't offer a first day pick. Maybe a #4 as we'll probably get a #4 or #5 for him as a comp pick. Not surprisingly, he's not exactly setting the world on fire down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back