Welcome to PatsFans.com

Never Elect A Rock Star

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

I predicted this from day one, the gushing fawning politically correct fools of America elected a Rock Star Poster Boy (because he talked pretty)

News Today
    The last few weeks have been a nightmare for President Obama, in a summer of discontent in the United States which has deeply unsettled the ruling liberal elites, so much so that even the Left has begun to turn against the White House. While the anti-establishment Tea Party movement has gained significant ground and is now a rising and powerful political force to be reckoned with, many of the president’s own supporters as well as independents are rapidly losing faith in Barack Obama, with open warfare breaking out between the White House and the left-wing of the Democratic Party. While conservatism in America grows stronger by the day, the forces of liberalism are growing increasingly weaker and divided.
    The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown – Telegraph Blogs
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -1

Better than electing a "cowboy" (because you'd like to have a beer with him... though he doesn't drink) or a "maverick"
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  3. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now that's just silly. The more "likeable" guy has been elected in most of the last 30-40 years
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Wonder if we ever get it right and elect a roll up the sleeves and get to work kind of candidate.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

Or this....

[​IMG]
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -1

I'm not sure about that, but apparently what you really mean is that the thread is silly...
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Of course, it's Harry.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Probably the thread is silly, but think back to to the campaign remember "the silly fawning groupies" legs tingling, weeping, adoration, gorgeous smile, democrats fainting, professional news media people acting like "Elvis Fans" NY Times female reporter saying she had dreams of showering with him and on an on etc.

The thread is silly, but look where the election of a Rock Star has taken us, look at the pile of sh!t this country is in today.

Yup, silly.
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -1

:)

Think back to campaign, remember "the silly fawning groupies" for the VP candidate on the GOP ticket?

As for where the election has taken us, you seem to be forgetting where things were at that time. How many banks are closing now? Things aren't good, but they're better than they were.

This is one of the reasons I was thinking about voting for McCain, in fact -- because it was clear that the Republicans would try to pin things on Obama that started long before his administration. In some ways, I wanted it to remain with the Republicans.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Things are better, cuz not as many banks are closing? Next thing you know someone will start talking about "jobs saved" or something. Oh wait...:D

BTW, why you take Harry Boy seriously is beyond me.
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 2 / -1

actually, yes, imo. When banks are failing, the entire financial system becomes a question mark, which means the entire economy is in questionable shape. The economy is bad, but things are more stable now.

Anyway, I clearly pretty much everybody agrees things are bad now. It's important to remember that things didn't just become bad under Obama -- but I believe a lot of people have come to think that (not just Harry)
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Obviously things suck when banks are failing. The issue I have, is that you were implying that Obama is somehow doing good, since more banks were failing before, than are now. The weakest always go under, which ends up leveling off the amount that fail thereafter.

The economy obviously was in trouble when he took office. Only someone living under a rock the last few years would disagree. However, there is a very legitimate, and valid question as to whether or not the policies of this administration, and congress, have made a bad situation worse. I personally don't think they've helped. I don't think they have the skill set required to properly understand the situation at hand. Virtually no one in this admin has either real world, or business experience. The president himself hasn't run as much as a lemonade stand, and niether has the #2, 3, 4, or 5 in charge. What makes anyone think that they they know what they're doing? Do you have confidence in their ability? I certainly don't. I didn't have any in McLame either, which is why I voted 3rd party.
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

This ...
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010