Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nevada senator holds official's promotion

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +294 / 12 / -10

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Mar-21-Tue-2006/news/6469603.html

Sen. John Ensign is blocking a promotion for Vice Adm. Thad Allen, the Coast Guard chief of staff put in charge of the Hurricane Katrina response in September.

In the hurricane's aftermath, Ensign, a Republican, expressed concern about the evacuation and handling of pets stranded in the disastrous Gulf Coast flooding.

Ensign, a veterinarian, flew on Sept. 28 to Louisiana and met with Allen, who had been installed to take over the federal disaster response from Michael Brown, the criticized director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Ensign spokesman Jack Finn on Monday said that Ensign "overall was disappointed with the effort down there, but he felt things improved after his visit."

So that's it. If you want Republicans to take a stand against the Bush admin's handling of Katrina, focus on pets, not people.

2. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

What a moron! Yeah because pets should have been our focus during the aftermath. And he is messing with people's careers to boot. What a jagoff. Though, I am sure it is making PETA confused!

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

From everything I've read on the katrina disaster, the Coast Guard was the one agency that rose above everyone and did an outstanding job. If I'm wrong with that opinion, please let me know.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I totally agree with Mgcolby. Foolish posturing so he looks good for his colleagues in the Vet society. What a loser.