Welcome to PatsFans.com

Networks continue to ignore NY Times' military analyst story

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Apr 30, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

http://mediamatters.org/items/200804290005
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

as do most posters on this board apparently, but this is a pretty big deal, and as far as I can tell.....its also a CRIME.

chalk it up to the 50+ other impeachable offenses of this administration.

I think ther reason that the media isn't 'reporting' this is because they feel like an accomplice in this crime. Its ironic.

I don't understand the lack of outrage here on this board, or in the public in general. I will, as most conservatives on this board do, invoke Bill Clinton's name in all of this. When Bill Clinton lied to my face about getting a hummer and doing some nasty stuff with a cigar...I was PI$$ED! he lied to the nation's face, and lied to his family.

This is a heckuva lot different.

These Penatgon officials were paid by you and me, then ordered by Rummy and others to lie about the Iraq war by the defense department and the pentagon. They went on every major network and LIED. Thousands of people have died. 1000 US Veterans attempt suicide every moth because of the lies of this administration, and now it seems, the retired 'experts' from the pentagon.

this is fukcing SICK.....these people should be tried for treason.
  3. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Don't take this wrong, RJD, please...but what are you talking about? How is it a crime, and if it's a crime, how is it the fault of the administration?
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I guess if Bush does it, its not a crime....

I was reading that there is a statement attached to every defense bill that mentions this very thing. I need to look it up and read it for myself, but from what I am hearing this is an illegal practice.

Not that anything will come from this, I mean, these criminals in our administration can pretty much get away with murder these days....murder of a DC Madam.

and 3 replies to this story????? 3 people. One questioning my bringing this issue up as POSSIBLY illegal.

who cares anymore?
  5. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, I just don't see that it's a crime to have a retired officer go to work for a news organization. And I don't see how--if said officer is retired, he can work for whomever he chooses, and lobby for whomever he chooses, can't he?
    And since you brought up the murder rap--what's your stance on Vince Foster?
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 2 / -9

Networks continue to ignore NY Times' military analyst story

Nobody is paying much attention to what the "Left Wing Times" says today, it won't be long before they shut their doors, they're laying people off daily.

:bricks:
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think he can say whatever he wants, we all can...this is america.

But when you deliberatly lie to spread propaganda about a false war, there is something strange about that. I also think there IS something illegal about that.

I heard Professor Marjorie Cohn talking about thios yeasterday, how since the bush administration won't do anythin about prosecuting Dick Cheney over the Pentagon propagandizingthe American public, that congress should.

(sigh) and we all know how awesome congress is at investigating crimes....

as far as Vince Foster goes.....

You Bushies make me laugh, do you assume I am a fan of Bill Clintons? Do you think I stand behind his deplorable acts like you stand behind Bush? No Fukcing WAY. A criminal is a criminal, and a liar is a liar. I call them out, thats my job.

can you see how both of these suicides are shady?
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

how do Rupert Murdoch's intestines smell?

Like shrimp on the Barby?
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Did you and I even read the same original article about this? The article I read said that these guys had retired and had gotten jobs as analysts with networks but some of them were also working as lobbyists for other military related companies--which is something a lot of ex officers do.

Could you point me towards the part part that convinced you it was a crime, please? Because it looked to me like the NY Times having a hissy fit and trying to be relevant, and that thought was supported--in my mind--by the story not being picked up anywhere else. If there was really something to it, it seems like MSNBC and CNN would be on it, given their documented distaste for GWB etc.

And I asked you about the Foster thing not because I think you're a fan of the Clintons, rather to see if you'd gotten wound up about Foster the way you're getting upset about this now.

That's all.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

like I said, I can't find a link to the transcript on it, just who was talking about it.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

okay....here is a link:

http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2008/04/25/tv-generals-pentagon-propagandist-its-illegal/

check-acheck-a check it out.
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sorry, the dandelion salad page gave me a headache. I'll try again later. I did follow some links in it, and here's something you might find interesting, if you haven't seen it already. I find this guy to be pretty balanced overall.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/04/30/williams/index.html

He talks about Brian Williams finally responding to the issue.

BTW--I know I haven't studied it, but I'm still not seeing where it's a crime, and where GWB is a traitor because of it.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

ist a pretty interesting debate. these two guys are basically taking the same side you and I are. One says Illegal, the other says its normal. you can collapse the page and lsiten to the audio, its from the news hour.

BTW - Yellowcake, outting a CIA op, fabricating evidence that leads us to war is treason in my book, but I know you and I have very different books.
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

As far as I know, the British intelligence is still standing by the yellowcake story.
    I don't want to have the whole Plame debate again. I don't believe it was done the way you apparently do.
    And the evidence? What are you talking about, really? The same evidence Bill Clinton cited? The same evidence presented to congress over and over? I mean, yes, apparently Saddam misled a lot of people. On the other hand, there were a lot of trucks of something moving out of Iraq prior to the war.
  15. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

It is illegal for the United States government to produce and distribute covert propaganda. Not surprisingly, Bush has been doing this consistently for the past 6 years.
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Okay, but what covert propaganda?
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

18. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

19. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

If it's covert, how do you know about it? OH MY GOD, you're a spy aren't you Wildo????? :)
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
  20. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

If that's not covert propaganda then what was the law written for? That's exactly what it was intended to prevent. "A little sleazy?" Wow.