Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nets are better than the Celtics

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by NJSportsFanatic, Nov 9, 2007.

1. NJSportsFanatic

NJSportsFanatic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Nets are better than the Celtics IMO.

The Nets have everything going for them.

They got Jason Kidd, who is still at the top of his game

They have good mixture of young players and savvy veterans. Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter can be counted on to score a combined 40 points a night. Darrell Armstrong, Jamaal Magliore, Bostjan Nachbar, and Jason Collins are good enough to contribute off the bench. Josh Boone, Antoine Wright, Nenad Kristic, Marcus Williams, and Sean Williams are young players that can spell the starters, when they need to take a breather so the team will not miss a beat if the starters are on the bench.

New Jersey also plays defense and they got players such as Kristic, Collins, Boone, Magliore, and Sean Williams, who can rebound the ball.

Boston can score, but teams win championships with defense and under Doc Rivers’s tenure as the Celtics head coach, his team was never known as a team who could play defense. Also, is there anyone worth talking about when it comes to Boston ’s reserves.

This is a team that is on a mission especially with the Celtics making couple of key off-season moves.

When you compare the Nets and the Celtics, the Nets are better.

I am praying as hell the Nets make a statement to the Celtics on Saturday and Wednesday just so those Beantonwers can cry in their beers.

I am telling you right now. The Celtics are not going to make their fans happy at our house tomorrow night.
  2. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Pass that weed.:rolleyes:
  3. NJSportsFanatic

NJSportsFanatic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why?

Why would I go fictional stuff on the Nets?

It's been a long time since the Celtics won at the Meadowlands. The Celtics generally have bad games. They seemed to scared to play when they are in New Jersey. The Celtics just get intimidated with the mystique and aura at the Meadowlands.
  4. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

wipe my ass you freakin retard .
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

Celtics win again, lead conference. Celtics don't play defense? No one has scored triple digits on the Celtics. Evidently you have not been paying attention, Garnett is a defensive monster, Pierce will defend, and Rhondo is a great defensive player.
    Nets get blown away by Toronto and score just 63 (ouch). In two of the five games teams have hit the hundred mark.
    Bulls win 1112-103
    Raptors lost 69-106

Looking forward to you coming back after both games.
  6. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

LOL. That was good for some laughs.
  7. skspikex2

skspikex2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

Both games against the Nets are back to back for the C's. So you do have fresher guys, but to say the C's isnt a defensive team? they lead in opp fg% and 3rd in points allowed. So yea, learn to watch please.
  8. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

it will all be settled next game...Nets will get crushed
  9. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

I've got to admit, I had no idea Garnett was this good. Last night he barely missed having another 20 point/20 rebound game. In addition, he is such a force in the paint rejecting shots that I don't remember seeing a Celtic do since #6 (no, I'm not comparing). Now, Pierce is playing hard defense as he knows there is gold at the rainbow's end. Five steals against the Nuggets. Everyone talks about this teams shooting ability, but this team can defend. Will not be long before this forum is buzzing.
  10. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I expect you back here after the game!
  11. Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My God, this has got to be the funniest thing I've ever read. Please let me know when this "mystique and aura" comes in to slap the C's down on their next visit.

Meadowlands != Yankee Stadium
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

Yea, that was pretty funny. Must be all the championships they won there (ZERO). Maybe its the great location, with all the hubbub of a city..........I mean traffic from the interstate and refineries.
  13. Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Indeed, apparently the "mystique and aura" gave the Nets an extra 10 points so they only lose tonight by 10 instead of 20. :D
  14. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Yeah they sure are, you were right. You should start running with aqwaah boy with your predictions. Maybe between the two of you, One of you will call something right.....But I doubt it.
  15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

I remember when the Celtics and the Nets were going at it when Antoine was here. It was during the draft and they grabbed Scalabrine in the 2nd round. You might have thought they drafted a future MVP. They are the ultimate homers. Much, much worse than Dolphins and Jets fans ... way, way worse. Check out the crap they write at NJ.com ... it's worth the laugh.
  16. skspikex2

skspikex2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

Come back~~
    I want a LOLCarter at you. New contract same routine. SAD
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

The humility and presence of NJ Sports Fanny Licker is obvious.. how did the Nets do last night.. the Celts are back.
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

Just read on Celtic.blog, that the most prolific banner in the Nets house is.................Bruce has played there 35 times. The crowd was 35-40% Celtic fans, now I see where the aura comes from. Seriously dude, its fine to cheer on your team, but you shouldn't come to the home teams site and post nonsense.
  19. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Paging NJSportsFanatic, paging NJSportsFanatic!
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  20. Patti37

Patti37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can't wait to see what Doc River's teams can do once they start playing defense...

As far as reserves go...Posey, House (although he didn't play last night), Tony Allen and Scalabrini look pretty good...they carried the team last night against the NETS.
  21. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

Its amazing how some guys are so much better with the right cast. Last year, Scal. was called everything in the book by Celtic fans, while this year he plays a role and is doing a great job. Hopefully, Tony Allen can get the confidence back after his surgery or he's not going to contribute (one night performance is at least positive). I keep remembering the battle Maxwell despite all the positive influence (Bird and co.) and he still couldn't get it done.
    Some people talked about not enough balls to go around when this three were put together, they missed out on defensive side of the ball. No team has scored triple digits on them this season and they held the Nets to 69. Which reminds me, where is that troll from New Jersey.
    Word: Boston Red Sox are World Champions, New England Patriots will be World Champions, Boston Celtics will make a run at being World Champions. When you whine about Boston your just ignorant and jealous.
  22. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

And my guess is we will never see you ugly mug in this forum again after the Celtics just whipped the Nets by 22 points!

Btw thanks for that chuckle with the 'mystique' bs. When was the last time the nets won a championship? Oops, that would be never right? If you want mystique, the Celtics actually have some because of long tradition as champions. Red Auerbach would be smiling at this year's 2007 Celtics club.