PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NESN: Tuck, Umenyiora - Brady's a Pretty Boy whose chuckle cost them the last time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NESN: Tuck, Umenyiora - Brady's a Pretty Boy whose chuckle cost them the last tim

The Patriots are always arrogant heading into the SB. Rodney Harrison and Ty Law were notorious for mocking the other team, esp the Eagles.

I think BB gives them the green light because it's the one game a year where that type of behavior won't come back to bite them in the *****.

Re: NESN: Tuck, Umenyiora - Brady's a Pretty Boy whose chuckle cost them the last tim

I guarantee Seymour did this in their first three Super Bowl victories, too.

All athletes are confident and arrogant. At least the good ones.

It's all much ado about nothing. I'm not sure how dressing in funeral garb announcing you are going to be the death of the Patriots dynasty is less arrogant than a mild chuckle after being told you were going to score 21 points less than your season average - but I don't think anyone ever confused Tuck or Umenyiora with intelligent people.

Exactly. Where would Sound FX be without arrogant players? Plax's prediction was also arrogant (even if it happened to be right). Most of their quotes in this article are arrogant.

Keep talking Giants.

Last edited:

And yet, it still took a miraculous helmet catch to beat the Pats.

I think the Giants are the arrogant ones this time around and I think the Pats are going to win because of it.

I clearly remember seeing that interview and thinking, "uh ohhh.... too ****y..."

I'm feelin it.

Early in the cycle for big chattyness, and attitude.
Could really build by next week,
NY columnists already drinkin the drank.
"Elite, better than peyton" etc.

The tone, attitude/questions from the media could wear off.

If Coughlin reacts publicly, or mentions it,
good sign the team may be unfocused.

Eli facing questions about peyton could help.

Pats very quiet.
I like it.

Logan, Matt, Dan, Seabass, Nate, Brian, Gronk.

KILL.

meanwhile.......wilfork sits......quietly......remembering......seeing the trophy just one game away......

he's playing the best football of his career.......he destroyed the last 2 OL's, both of which are superior to the giants.....the pats DL beating up on the giants OL is where this game will be made.

meanwhile.......wilfork sits......quietly......remembering......seeing the trophy just one game away......

he's playing the best football of his career.......he destroyed the last 2 OL's, both of which are superior to the giants.....the pats DL beating up on the giants OL is where this game will be made.

Just have one of the lockerroom attendants steal his lunch on gameday and then tell him the someone on the Giants did it.

Just have one of the lockerroom attendants steal his lunch on gameday and then tell him the someone on the Giants did it.

wilfork is the best defensive player on either team right now

I remember the Giants being just as arrogant as the Pats in 2007. Just because they won it didn't make them any less arrogant.

Plax was bragging about his team beating the Pats and predicted a score, Brady responded. How was he anymore arrogant than his opponent?

I remember Plax and Strahan's pretty boy jokes, when they were spraying Stetson cologne in their locker room. Nothing's change.

The Pats are gonna win Sunday, because they are the better team, not because they were motivated by this sorry Giants team.

You beat me to it. I think it was ridiculous then and ridiculous now that fans, and worse than that the media, portray Brady as being arrogant and cokcy when all he was doing was responding to a question from the media - about Burress' predicting a win! How is it that what Brady was doing was arrogant, but what Burress and Strahan were doing was not?

Granted, he would have been better served by shrugging it off with a generic answer and in hindsight not giving them any extra motivation, but the double standard applied to the two teams was, and still is hypocritical.

Also, as mentioned previously, this commentary by Tuck and Umenyiora, along with the commentary a few years earlier by Rodney Harrison and others in response to the Steelers already packing their bags and making super bowl arrangements prior to that AFCCG should really be Exhibits A and B that professional football players really do find extra motivation with "bulletin board material", even in championship games.

Jesus, I don't think God is this unfair. Look at the shots Brady is taking. This is unreal. Hubris cometh before the falleth.

When the Patriots beat the living crap out of these stinky Giants, the NFL announced that they will also take the NFC Championship trophy away from the Giants, and let Tebow donate it to the Boys and Girls club...or let the Patriots decide who really deserved to play them in the Super Bowl...maybe give it to the Saints.

And uhm, Brady, yeah I talked to him, and he promised me this D isn't going to be getting burnt by a Hail Mary pass this time. No flinging it up in the final 40 seconds for a lucky catch this time. Angels are out of the outfield and following Tebow this year.

Sorry Giants. You actually have to figure out a way to win in the first 58 minutes this time.

Unfortunately the Giants have better players on both sides of the ball than the Patriots. Maybe not a QB but this is a team game after all. They are ****y since they won the last 3 games and feel they can do it again especially on a neutral field.

That being said I grow weary of all this trash talk. Are the Giants turning into the Jets?

lmao-I love the "Brady is soft" meme, he's going to shove that all the way up the Giant's @sses in the Super Bowl. He's going to drop over 40 on them.

Unfortunately the Giants have better players on both sides of the ball than the Patriots. Maybe not a QB but this is a team game after all. They are ****y since they won the last 3 games and feel they can do it again especially on a neutral field.

That being said I grow weary of all this trash talk. Are the Giants turning into the Jets?

Not sure how you came to that conclusion and I couldn't disagree more and the results this season bear it out, the Patriots went 13-3, were the 1 seed in the AFC and had a much better point differential. the Giants squeaked in and allowed more points than they scored.

The Pats have a better OL and TEs. Right now Welker is probably the best receiver on either team, but the Giants have better depth at WR. The Pats' DL has seemingly performed up to the level of the Giants, but doesn't have the name or history of the Giants. I think LB is close and I think I'd actually take the Pats over the Giants' core, but that would definitely be debatable. The DBs for both sides are all somewhat mediocre, but I think the Giants have an advantage there.

I don't think this is nearly as cut and dry as you make it out to be. Both teams are actually playing quite well and that plus some luck is why they're in the SB.

Without a healthy gronk none of this matters.

After seeing this and reading some articles, I am more confident in this game. It has nothing to do with revenge, just that I am now sure why we lost that Super Bowl. I had never seen that clip before. Osi and Tuck also talked about how the Patriots didn't chip them or try to change their gameplan during the game.

It seems like the Patriots really were pretty arrogant about this game coming in, and I don't think there was much desire to win the game, just desire to be 19-0 and worshipped.

Brady needs to respect them this time around.

This is BS. There are several reasons the Pats lost the last time around.

1) Mike Carrey didn't blow the whistle when Eli was CLEARLY in the grasp. That allowed Manning to chuck the ball down field and Tyree to make the amazing catch..

2) The entire Offensive line played like crap because they were all down with the flu.

3) Asante Samuel let David Tyree beat him on the TD pass, let an interception through his fingers, and then blew the coverage on Tyree for the amazing catch.

There was no arrogance. This idea that there was no desire to win the game is just a fabrication on your part.

NE won their last 10 games and got a nice reality check less than a week ago. Usually NE seems to get a nice wakeup call from games like that where the execution was off. I'd much rather have the game where we barely scraped out with the W against a great team before the SB than the game where we rolled over the Bronco's as if they didn't take the field.

We made a lot of mistakes against the Ravens and have them on film to fix. We know what we need to change. I'm pretty confident about this game, I don't see a blow out, but I see a much better mentally executed game. The big plays and points will come on their own, decision making is going to be huge in winning this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back