Welcome to PatsFans.com

NESN: Tuck, Umenyiora - Brady's a Pretty Boy whose chuckle cost them the last time

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TommyBrady12, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +378 / 35 / -25

#12 Jersey

2. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +233 / 21 / -3

Re: NESN: Tuck, Umenyiora - Brady's a Pretty Boy whose chuckle cost them the last tim

After seeing this and reading some articles, I am more confident in this game. It has nothing to do with revenge, just that I am now sure why we lost that Super Bowl. I had never seen that clip before. Osi and Tuck also talked about how the Patriots didn't chip them or try to change their gameplan during the game.

It seems like the Patriots really were pretty arrogant about this game coming in, and I don't think there was much desire to win the game, just desire to be 19-0 and worshipped.

Brady needs to respect them this time around.

3. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +423 / 14 / -2

#12 Jersey

Re: NESN: Tuck, Umenyiora - Brady's a Pretty Boy whose chuckle cost them the last tim

Maybe if he was down right UGLY, these biatches would leave him alone.
    So now, the guy has to appologize for his looks? Keep them coming. Keep on writing the BS. Keep talking. What goes around comes around.

4. Garbanza

Garbanza In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

First of all, it amazes me how grown men can be so jealous of another man. Second, the two weeks leading up to a Superbowl are miserable. The manufactured storylines drives me nuts.

5. DefenseRules

Ratings:
    +423 / 14 / -2

#12 Jersey

It was not just Brady who was arrogant. THE ENTIRE TEAM was arrogant. Some of the Giants OL talked about Seymour inviting them to their victory party. This current Patriot team IS NOT ARROGANT.

6. makoute

makoute In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +85 / 2 / -0

They were pretty arrogant going into that game, whenever they did an interview, it was almost like it was a given that they would win the game, you just got that vibe from everyone.

7. oldskool138

oldskool138 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

The best part of those interviews was seeing Shaughnessy (Boston's #1 sports writer...just ask him, he'll tell you) in the back of the herd of reports looking like a lost little boy.

8. Gronkandez

Gronkandez 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +88 / 11 / -7

Is that a pasive aggressive shot at Eli? :rolleyes:

9. oldskool138

oldskool138 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Nah, you don't need to be passive aggressive with Eli.

On a related note, I was perusing a sports memorabilia shop this week and they had a autographed Eli Manning photo that read "Your [sic] my #1 fan".

I lol'ed.

10. DefenseRules

Ratings:
    +423 / 14 / -2

#12 Jersey

No. It has nothing to do with Eli at all. This pretty boy stuff has been used by many and very often throughout the league. I'm sure Brady finds it insulting. It sure as hell is not being used as a compliment.
    Not everything is about the Giants. :p

11. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,364 / 20 / -4

#12 Jersey

For a Manning, Eli's doing all right for himself.

12. BoTown

BoTown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Oh, give me a ******* break. As if all the Giants' antics before (funeral garb) and after (chest-beating "We stomped them!" banter) the last Super Bowl wasn't juvenile enough.

Really? "Pretty boy chuckle"? What is this, 3rd grade?

13. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,492 / 22 / -15

Disable Jersey

Finally you folks get to see the resentment us good looking guys face every day

14. TheComeback

TheComeback 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This ought to quiet the know-it-alls who said that trash-talking doesn't motivate pro athletes.

15. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +222 / 4 / -1

Justin Tuck is one to talk after all, what with those completely gangsta Subway ads he does.

16. BradyManny

Ratings:
    +222 / 4 / -1

I guarantee Seymour did this in their first three Super Bowl victories, too.

All athletes are confident and arrogant. At least the good ones.

It's all much ado about nothing. I'm not sure how dressing in funeral garb announcing you are going to be the death of the Patriots dynasty is less arrogant than a mild chuckle after being told you were going to score 21 points less than your season average - but I don't think anyone ever confused Tuck or Umenyiora with intelligent people.

17. Skree

Skree Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +122 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

Confession time.

The Patriots SB attitude in 2007 reminded me of the Packers attitude when they played Denver. I recall seeing Farve imitating the way John Elway moved on a TV interview and I thought, "Wow, you are SO f*cking arrogant. I hope Denver kicks your ass."

When I saw the same Brady interview, I remembered that and thought "Oh sh1t, are we Farve?"

Granted, the Patriots had not lost a game all year, why shouldn't they be arrogant? And, the Pats fought hard in the SB and almost won. Unfortunately, their arrogance gave the opponent the inner drive to defeat them.

I think the same holds true for our 2001 victory. The "Greatest Show on Turf" couldn't possibly be brought down to earth by the lowly Patriots, could it? Yes, yes it could.

Fortunately, I think the arrogance shoe is on the other foot this time around. The Giants think they are repeating or reliving 2007 and that the parallels are so eerily similar that a Superbowl championship is almost pre-ordained.

The Patriots don't have a perfect season to feel invincible about. They know they are flawed and will fight like a cornered animal. In fact, haven't we seen them do this numerous times this season? Coming back from 17, 21 points down?

I believe the Patriots are winning this time.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  18. LivinLovin&Breathin_Brady

LivinLovin&Breathin_Brady Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

I remember the Giants being just as arrogant as the Pats in 2007. Just because they won it didn't make them any less arrogant.

Plax was bragging about his team beating the Pats and predicted a score, Brady responded. How was he anymore arrogant than his opponent?

I remember Plax and Strahan's pretty boy jokes, when they were spraying Stetson cologne in their locker room. Nothing's change.

The Pats are gonna win Sunday, because they are the better team, not because they were motivated by this sorry Giants team.

19. BradyManny

Ratings:
    +222 / 4 / -1

I'm sorry, but what was his reaction supposed to be? "I think Plax is going to be right! We're going to get killed!"

The chuckle has been referenced before, and every time I shake my head at the illogical reaction to it. That said, if some meatheads on the other side of the field are going to draw inspiration from something so innocuous, well, then we all realize why Belichick is as careful as he is in the press. You just have to assume your audience is dangerously stupid, b/c it probably is.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  20. BigHoss28

BigHoss28 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Keep talking, Giants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.