PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NESN Report: McNally willing to do '5th' interview over phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satchboogie3

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This makes sense. More holes being poked. One of the big reasons for the severe punishment. The one Bedard keeps harping on about. Especially the past with Kelly Naqi.

Last edited:
I like all these pro-Patriots leaks coming out now... Feels like the first step in a long battle. "You (probably) tampered!" But your own science shows the balls were about 0.02 on average outside of what they should've been which is clearly well within margin for error. "Well, Brady wouldn't give us his phone!" He's not required to do so, you have no subpoena power and already had the ballboys' phones so any texts or calls he sent them were already available to you, why would you need his phone too. "Well... McNally wasn't made available for a 5th interview, uncooperative!!!!" Actually, he was available by phone but you declined, and it was only because Naqi broadcasted false info about him to the world from a "league source", which was probably her own husband. "Well.......... We just don't like you!"

I mean really, they have nothing to hang their hats on anymore.

Standard practice in a corrupt "investigation". Demand more and more increasingly unreasonable stuff until the witness finally balks, even in the slightest. Then scream bloody murder about "non-cooperation".

If Mcnally took another day off from his day job and was interviewed face-to-face a 5th time. I'm confident there would have been "requests" for a 6th interview.

If Mcnally had anything on Brady he would have flipped a few seconds into the first interview, be given immunity, and would have had grounds for a big lawsuit vs the Pats if the team retaliated in any way. He wouldn't have gone to the mat time and time again for some rich guy he barely knew who had a history of chewing him out.

Last edited:
http://nesn.com/2015/05/report-jim-mcnally-was-willing-to-be-questioned-over-phone-nfl-declined/

This article is claiming McNally was willing to do the follow up interview over the phone but the NFL declined.
So if true:
1. The NFL declines the interview
2. Brady uses his legal right to not turn over his cell phone
3. They apparently already had all of Brady's texts and Patriots team phones

But the Patriots and Brady didn't cooperate....

Kraft has to take this to court.

That is the thing. I heard that they only wanted the texts between Brady and Jastremski, but all text communications are on both cell phones. What could Brady's phone give that is different.

That's actually pretty strong and flies in the face of the drum that a lot of the media has been trying to beat!

I like all these pro-Patriots leaks coming out now... Feels like the first step in a long battle. "You (probably) tampered!" But your own science shows the balls were about 0.02 on average outside of what they should've been which is clearly well within margin for error. "Well, Brady wouldn't give us his phone!" He's not required to do so, you have no subpoena power and already had the ballboys' phones so any texts or calls he sent them were already available to you, why would you need his phone too. "Well... McNally wasn't made available for a 5th interview, uncooperative!!!!" Actually, he was available by phone but you declined, and it was only because Naqi broadcasted false info about him to the world from a "league source", which was probably her own husband. "Well.......... We just don't like you!"

I mean really, they have nothing to hang their hats on anymore.

Probably the rest of you heard this too, but Holley, among others, came up with an excellent reason why Tom wouldn't turn over his phone--the leaks coming from the "investigation!" Honestly, would any of you trust the least sensitive information to this Klown Kar of an investigative committee? The more I read about this, the more I find myself in agreement with Brady's father and lawyer.

Last edited:
That is the thing. I heard that they only wanted the texts between Brady and Jastremski, but all text communications are on both cell phones. What could Brady's phone give that is different.
Something about Giselle to sell to TMZ?

From Well's telephone conference today:

Wells said he was struck by a text message in which McNally called himself “The Deflator” and wanted to ask him about that. But the Patriots refused to put him in touch with McNally for a follow-up.

“I asked for a second interview, I said I would go to New Hampshire, I would interview him in the morning, afternoon night, I would do it whenever he was free. And they said not only could I not interview him, they wouldn’t even tell him of my request for an interview,” Wells said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-patriots-brady-for-lack-of-full-cooperation/

So someone is lying misleading misremembering.

Probably the rest of you heard this too, but Holley, among others, came up with an excellent reason why Tom wouldn't turn over his phone--the leaks coming from the "investigation!" Honestly, would any of you trust the least sensitive information to this Klown Kar of an investigative committee? The more I read about this, the more I find myself in agreement with Brady's father and lawyer.

That is how TMZ makes a living.. everything has a price, everything has a market. I wouldn't trust anyone with my cellphone, and my life is very boring..

It wouldn't, it's just a fishing expedition. Brady called Jastremski. He didn't text. They have a record of Brady calling and the length of the call but no actual details of the conversation. There is no record of any texts from Brady. I think Wells wanted any text that had the word deflator, deflating, etc that he could spin his own interpertation just like he did with Jas and McNally.

Standard practice in a corrupt "investigation". Demand more and more increasingly unreasonable stuff until the witness finally balks, even in the slightest. Then scream bloody murder about "non-cooperation".

If Mcnally took another day off from his day job and was interviewed face-to-face a 5th time. I'm confident there would have been "requests" for a 6th interview.

If Mcnally had anything on Brady he would have flipped a few seconds into the first interview, be given immunity, and would have had grounds for a big lawsuit vs the Pats if the team retaliated in any way. He wouldn't have gone to the mat time and time again for some rich guy he barely knew who had a history of chewing him out.

Exactly, Brady's lawyers knows how these thing plays out. Wells begins with a narrow focus on what he requests that Brady hand over. The Lawyers know that if Wells finds nothing, his next request will be larger in scope. This continues until he requests that all texts be handed over which of course will be refused. That results in Brady not being not co-operative. Wells gets as much text as he can get and gets to say Brady was unco-operative. Brady's lawyers basically said screw that, were not going to give you any texts. You're going to say were are unco-operative anyway so lets just cut to the chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back