PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NESN.com predicts Maroney to be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ausbacker
Maroney doesn't suck. Maroney is a decent RB. That's not to say he hasn't been disappointing in patches but he's been very good in others. He cops this flack because he was a higher draft choice. They don't always work out as you had hoped but he certainly hasn't been as bad as some people make out.

I'm sick of the Maroney bashing to be honest.

Me 4 but I have a feeling its gonna continue even if hes racking up 100+ yard games

So we pretty much take whatever NESN says with a grain of salt from now on?

1262055260350.jpg

Maroney isn't going to get cut. The three guys potentially ahead of him on the depth chart are all in their mid-30's. That being said, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he did get his walking papers. He's been a colossal disappointment and he hasn't taken that leap in four years with the team.

Hes cheap help and his heads on the chopping block if he intends to stay a NE Patriot. He needs to straighten up and fly right in a hurry.

If Taylor can stay on his feet, Maroney will get less carries though.

:rocker::rocker:

I'm sorry fellas

Sadly, I am completely sober

Maybe next time you won't all just accuse the media of being "nuts" when they were all right about Maroney not being on this team anymore.

Not by cut, but they all knew he was on his way out.

Maybe next time you won't all just accuse the media of being "nuts" when they were all right about Maroney not being on this team anymore.

Not by cut, but they all knew he was on his way out.

They said cut, which he wasn't. So they were wrong :D

Agreed. He made the roster. BB saw value in a trade.

they were wrong. As was Troy Brown.

They were right that BB no longer wanted Maroney on the team and was looking for a way to get rid of him and get any value he could. He probably would have been cut eventually if we couldn't get find a dance....er....trade partner....

They were right that BB no longer wanted Maroney on the team and was looking for a way to get rid of him and get any value he could. He probably would have been cut eventually if we couldn't get find a dance....er....trade partner....

Personally I think he'd have kept him on the roster to see out the season. Now, we will never know.

I still think with Morris and Taylor being injury liabilities a new body will have to be brought in.

Or he found someone willing to trade a mid-round pick for a non-starter in the final year of his contract. The rest is just pointless (dumb) conjecture. Your bias is showing ;)

All that matters, as far as the topic of this thread, if that Maroney wasn't cut. Not only was he cut, but he had enough value to be worth a 4th minus a 6th with less than a year left on his contract. No other RB on the Pats' roster has that kind of value.

Last edited:
Or he found someone willing to trade a mid-round pick for a non-starter in the final year of his contract. The rest is just pointless (dumb) conjecture. Your bias is showing ;)

All that matters, as far as the topic of this thread, if that Maroney wasn't cut. Not only was he cut, but he had enough value to be worth a 4th minus a 6th with less than a year left on his contract. No other RB on the Pats' roster has that kind of value.

So if BB thought Maroney could help the team, would he have traded his "most valuable" running back for a 4th minus a 6th and made him inactive for first game? Bottom line is BB didn't think he could help the team and wanted to dump the dead weight. Getting a 4th minus a 6th would not have been worth it if BB thought he could help the team this year. The truth is BB didn't cut him because he thought he could get a little something for him, which he did - but would have cut him if he couldn't, because he had no value to the team. We can find a FA running back that runs harder and hit hole better than Maroney - if any of the old guys get hurt...I think you are being petty by sticking to the point that all that matters is he didn't get cut - BB inactivated him week one and traded him for a can of corn week 2.

Last edited:

I think someone has a hard time admitting they were wrong....I know you thought you were smarter than the media and the rest of the fans who could see Maroney was a bust. You drank the koolaid BB was selling (even though he was BS-ing just so he could trade him for something)...sometimes you just have to admit you were wrong and move on...

NESN & Troy may have been wrong about the means of LaMa's departure, but they were right about Bill's now-obvious displeasure at his development, be it physical, mental or social.

I suppose that LaMa would not have fetched more than a 2011 4th-round comp as a FA signee, but for 2010, Bill has made vunerable a position that wasn't exactly one of strength even with him on the 53. Kinda like what happened with $eymour last year: sure, a 2011 1st-rounder from the Faiders looks great, but his production wasn't close to being replicated, and it cost us another wasted year of Brady's prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back