PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NESN.com predicts Maroney to be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes:
You didn't answer any of my questions. Let's assume it was not a horsecollar. Why is he going backwards all of a sudden?

Why does he roll backwards and TOWARDS Kehl after the play terminates?

If he was tackled from behind, logic dictates that he falls FORWARD. But he doesn't, his back is going backwards, over his legs, and that is a classic horsecollar, and it's how TO, McNabb, Calico and Smith got their legs broken. Roy Williams made his living tackling people this way and that's why it was outlawed in '05.

But I guess you never made it to physics class, much less try to pass one. And it's senseless to explain anything else to you because you're clearly ignoring the video.

I was thinking of the penalty and not the tackle itself but yes you are right about the tackle being a horse collar tackle :rolleyes:

Are you blind or something? Take another look at the still, see the guy coming right at him?

Is he going to stick out his arms and get whacked, or just down it at the LOS?

Keep on going strawman.

One guy head on one guy from behind to his left. Nobody to his right. Plenty of room to extend but once again it's one excuse or another or another.

Next you will blame it on being distracted by a cheerleader or the fat man in the front row :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

I was thinking of the penalty and not the tackle itself but yes you are right about the tackle being a horse collar tackle :rolleyes:

Can you explain to me how he's going to "dive" into the EZ, duck, or push forward when there's 266 pounds pulling down on the back of his pads?

His legs are already buckling under the weight.

One guy head on one guy from behind to his left. Nobody to his right. Plenty of room to extend but once again it's one excuse or another or another.

Next you will blame it on being distracted by a cheerleader or the fat man in the front row :rolleyes:

Again how does he "extend" when he's being pulled down backwards?

Like I said, just keep going, strawman. You're just going in circles.

Can you explain to me how he's going to "dive" into the EZ, duck, or push forward when there's 266 pounds pulling down on the back of his pads?

His legs are already buckling under the weight.

He still could have extended his arms.

Again how does he "extend" when he's being pulled down backwards?

Like I said, just keep going, strawman. You're just going in circles.

He still could have extended his arms.

Believe what you want, I'll believe what I want and we call it like we see it and end this. If you simply must have the last word and beat your chest in triumph for me not wanting to argue further then go ahead and do it.

Last edited:
Maroney is a major disappointment, but he's the least of our worries. I can't see the Pats outright cutting someone - a former high draft pick - in the last year of his reasonable contract.

I will admit that I absolutely dispise his running style. I can't stand it. I watch him and I want to throw a brick at my Plasma. A prime example - his run last night where he went right - bottled up - reverses direction - looking good - then starts dancing, jiving, turning his back, and what could have been a 15 yard gain turns out to be, I think, 6. Way to go, Larry.

I was listening to WEEI this afternoon and my favorite all-time Patriot was co-hosting. He thinks Maroney sucks too. If Troy Brown thinks it, I feel vaildated. :)

NICELY put. Maroney SUCKS.

I don't see him getting cut, though.

NICELY put. Maroney SUCKS.

I don't see him getting cut, though.
Maroney doesn't suck. Maroney is a decent RB. That's not to say he hasn't been disappointing in patches but he's been very good in others. He cops this flack because he was a higher draft choice. They don't always work out as you had hoped but he certainly hasn't been as bad as some people make out.

I'm sick of the Maroney bashing to be honest.

You are not going to extend out your arms when you are being yanked backwards.

IF it is not a horsecollar, then tell me WHY BJGE rolls backwards and TOWARDS Kehl after the play terminates??

If it was a simple tackle, BJGE would have fallen FORWARD because that was his momentum. He was running towards the EZ, so how come he's all of a sudden going backwards?

What amount of force is going to do that?
I think thats the issue. Kehl was airborne, and did have him grabbed by the shirt. BJGE should have had enough power to burst through that....he went down too easy.

Maroney doesn't suck. Maroney is a decent RB. That's not to say he hasn't been disappointing in patches but he's been very good in others. He cops this flack because he was a higher draft choice. They don't always work out as you had hoped but he certainly hasn't been as bad as some people make out.

Ah! But consider: Our boys and their YPC, last year...

317 year old Fred Taylor: 4.3
286 year old Sam Morris: 4.4
649 year old Kevin Faulk: 5.4. Even on 3rd down, that's really good!!
Ben "The Slug" Green: 4.4

Lawrence "Lightning" Maroney, He Of the Alleged Explosiveness:

3.9 :eek:

Just having a little FUN, Bro!! :D

For what it's worth, I think Maroney's about to have a Career Year, IF he gets the ball!!

There's a lot of roll eyes smileys in this thread.

I think thats the issue. Kehl was airborne, and did have him grabbed by the shirt. BJGE should have had enough power to burst through that....he went down too easy.

If he had him grabbed by the shirt, we would have seen the jersey stretched, after all they're made out of polyester.

You are asking me to believe that BJGE goes down so easy because of a jersey pull. I'm sorry but I really don't buy that. Kehl has both his hands up around the collar. That is a dead giveway.

And that's all I'll have to say on the subject.

Maroney isn't going to get cut. The three guys potentially ahead of him on the depth chart are all in their mid-30's. That being said, I wouldn't be heartbroken if he did get his walking papers. He's been a colossal disappointment and he hasn't taken that leap in four years with the team.

Another interesting thread here.

me three...and four and five and six

If he had him grabbed by the shirt, we would have seen the jersey stretched, after all they're made out of polyester.

You are asking me to believe that BJGE goes down so easy because of a jersey pull. I'm sorry but I really don't buy that. Kehl has both his hands up around the collar. That is a dead giveway.

And that's all I'll have to say on the subject.
I havent seen the replay, so I could certainly be wrong, but watching it live I distinctly remember Kehl having hold of the jersey and it stretching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back