PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NESN: BB apologized to four late players - report questioned by BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB Apology?

We're 9-5,the #3 seed and have a 2 game lead in the division................I want to apologize to the whole Patsfans Messageboard for having read your post...............it won't happen again.

This guy is a fan of another team.

Being BB makes BB right!

Shooting your mouth off and being a slacker makes you a negative influence and a detriment to the team!

and acting according to your philosophy would prevent people from being coaches for long

He brought us 3 Superbowls and you want him to apologize ?

My goodness. If I were him I wouldn't apologize to you, I would tell you to kiss my ass.

^
Could not of said it better myself:p

Two players (veterans) mentally left the reservation, if carressing them back into the fold is necessary...stroke away. If BB felt that the hardass approach was detrimental to the teams ultimate goals, of course he could change the tone. Makes me want to rent "Multiplicity".

Prickly pear or okra?

Hmm, sometimes both or not and yet an apple a day helps keep the doctor away. So ultimately, just eat whatever's on your plate.

Hmm, sometimes both or not and yet an apple a day helps keep the doctor away. So ultimately, just eat whatever's on your plate.
I never did see where throwing an apple at the doctor was that effective. :confused2:

This guy is a fan of another team.

I'm a fan of this team and I take second to noone in that regard. I was probably a fan before some of you were even born. Mid 1970s, here. Thru the rotten years as the song says. I've earned the right to be critical.

I call them as I see them. I'm not going to ball wash. If you think someone speaknig the truth isn't a fan, then that makes you a homer, not me a 'fan of another team'.

Some of you are being so annoying that if the Pats do lose, I'm tempted to come on here and rub it in your face. It would be bittersweat, just to rub it in.

OK - I have been a fan since the very start of the franchise - if you were following this team during the 70's, how in the hell could you possibly gripe at BB about a missed draft choice or two along the way - are you kidding me???? I think during all of the 70's you could count their successful draft choices on two hands and they usually picked at the top.

If you really call them as you see them, I feel sorry your blinders covered your eyes during the entire BB reign.....you missed a lot.

I'm a fan of this team and I take second to noone in that regard. I was probably a fan before some of you were even born. Mid 1970s, here. Thru the rotten years as the song says. I've earned the right to be critical.

I call them as I see them. I'm not going to ball wash. If you think someone speaknig the truth isn't a fan, then that makes you a homer, not me a 'fan of another team'.

Some of you are being so annoying that if the Pats do lose, I'm tempted to come on here and rub it in your face. It would be bittersweat, just to rub it in.

Last edited:

OK - I have been a fan since the very start of the franchise - if you were following this team during the 70's, how in the hell could you possibly gripe at BB about a missed draft choice or two along the way - are you kidding me???? I think during all of the 70's you could count their successful draft choices on two hands and they usually picked at the top.

If you really call them as you see them, I feel sorry your blinders covered your eyes during the entire BB reign.....you missed a lot.

He referenced the Patriots as the "patsies" last week, methinks he may be a fibber.

He referenced the Patriots as the "patsies" last week, methinks he may be a fibber.

His spelling reminds of a jet fan's abilities. But then again, I am just a homer myself so what do I know?

No one knows precisely what (if anything) was said or the context in which the alleged comments were offered.

It might be important to consider who the sources are (and what their agenda might be). More often than not, those who leak information to the press have an ax to grind. The problem is that one side of the story gets leaked. We all know that Belichick will never respond publicly, so the other side remains untold. This is case the with the inital incident as well as the alleged "apology."

Thank You

Well I was young back then so I was always hopeful. Now I'm a little less patient. And yes, I'll call them the patsies when they screw up. In a loving way though.

I remember getting all excited for Ken Simms...talk about heartbreak. Hart Lee Dykes, Reggie Dupard, just a bunch of bums. Guss Scott, Bethel, I could have seen these guys were stiffs. But then again, I thought Meriweather would be good and he's JAG, so I can't judge them all.

But you're right, I am spoiled somewhat. I thought this year would be a phoenix like return to domination, not mediocrity. I could say EAT IT to Giant fans and Colts fans everywhere.

You can't rub it in our faces. We are Pats fans and we love our team, win or lose. Sure, we are disappointed when we lose, but losses are part of the game, and only one team has gone undefeated in the regular season in a long time, so we will take it in stride. We expect weiners from other teams to come here and crow when we have a losing season, but that hasn't happened in a while and even if it does, it doesn't mean Pats fans are any less fanatic about the Pats, just as Steeler fans remained fanatic about their team even when they went 6-10 a few short years ago.

So crow away when we lose. No one cares.

Gee, I was gone a couple of months and not much have changed except the names of the buffoons.

For the record, fan is short for fanatic. If you are a fan of the home team, then you are a homer by definition. There isn't anything wrong with believeing in your home team. Think about it for a minute. If you watch them on TV but cannot see the good in the team, and feel you must speak "the truth," "the truth" of yours being that all you can see is that BB needs to apologize for not getting a pro bowl player with every draft pick, then you are something. I don't know what, but saying you are a Pats fan is quite a stretch. In fact, if you cannot accept that most draft picks do not work out, and that the goal is to get more good ones than bad ones, and that if you only select "safe" selections and cannot see that chances must be taken now and again on players that might be gold and that if just one in three or four of these work out you are ahead of the game, then you really cannot even call yourself a fan of the game because you don't understand it.

Well, of course you can call yourself a fan of the game, just as of course you can call yourself anything you want. It is our beliefs and actions that define you and me, not what we call ourselves.

Blech.

They just asked BB about it on The Big Show. He asked who the source was. When Ordway told him that it was "locker room sources", BB's answer was that if someone wants to talk about it, he'll talk about it. He neither verified nor denied the actual happening.

They just asked BB about it on The Big Show. He asked who the source was. When Ordway told him that it was "locker room sources", BB's answer was that if someone wants to talk about it, he'll talk about it. He neither verified nor denied the actual happening.

Amazing. Better chance of breaking into the Pentagon and gabbing warplans for Afganistan than learning about what goes on in Gillette. LOL.

Newbies like you need to take some time to put this era in perspective

Re: NESN: BB apologized to four late players - denied by BB

Who changed the title and when did BB deny it?

It was a pretty interesting exchange - once it's up on the website, I'm going to listen again.

My impression is that Belichick was taken by surprise by the question. He asked (more than once, I think) whether there was a specific source.

Yes. We finally have some proper media spin controversy. Transform this team into Goliath killers! Do it media do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back