PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nervous about this Ravens game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Anyone really nervous about this game? This feels like a playoff game almost. I can't imagine either the pats or the ravens being 1-2.

No more nervous than any other week. I think this is a losable game, but I think the Ravens aren't as good as people give them credit for. I really think the Cards' defense may be better than the Ravens' defense.

I think the Pats are the better team, but this is a game in their house and any given Sunday.

Last edited:
Anyone really nervous about this game? This feels like a playoff game almost. I can't imagine either the pats or the ravens being 1-2.

Not me. I think this game will be a good test but hardly something that decides our season win or lose.

I can't believe that i'm even saying this but the O needs to step it up. I'm feeling allright about the D going against the ravens.

EDIT: When was the last time that Brady stomped a good D that didn't belong to the steelers? Lately it seems more like a struggle against top Ds.

Last edited:
I'm nervous about any game, but today even more because I have to wait until 8:30 PM because of a ratings game to feed the insatiable beast the NFL...

Football should be played at 1:00PM on Sundays...

Incredibly nervous. It's hard to imagine either the Pats or the Ravens with a losing record, but it's inevitable (barring a tie). It's not like the Patriots are entitled to never being under .500, and the Ravens are at home with revenge in their minds. This adds up to a loss I think, but anything can happen...

Really doesn't matter.

One of these teams will be 1-2 after tonight but BOTH of these teams will be in the post season either way. The only thing this game dictates is home field advantage down the line in the play-offs should these 2 teams meet.

No, not nervous. It's September, not January. A loss doesn't mean the season ends. We could win this game and have it be a negative impact on our season (for example, a major injury), and we could lose it and have it be a positive impact on our season. BB has turned losses into positives many times before:

- In 2001 BB used a close loss to the juggernaut Rams to convince his team that they could play with anyone. The team won out the rest of the way, including beating the Rams in the Super Bowl.
- In 2003 the team started off by losing 31-0 to the Bills.
- In 2004 the team's winning streak was halted by the Steelers, who the team later beat convincingly in the AFCCG en route to their second consecutive SB win.
- In 2010 the team got beaten up by the upstart Cleveland Browns just before starting a brutal stretch of games. BB used the loss to re-focus the team, who ran the table the rest of the season with wins over the Steelers, Jets, Lions, Packers and Bears, among others.
- In 2011 the team had consecutive losses to Pittsburgh and the Giants. BB cut Albert Haynesworth for dogging it during the Giants game, and the team didn't lose another game until the Super Bowl.

We could lose tonight and then run the table the rest of the way. It wouldn't shock me. The talent on this team is staggering, and BB is the best coach in the league. It may take some time to get things to gel, but I have no doubt that this team will be awesome once the players get on the same page.

im nervous about every game they play no matter who they play. any given sunday.

I do think this game will tell us a lot about this team..Both the Pats and Ravens lost tough games last week and both shold have a chip on their shoulder..I want to see the pats team match the physical intensity that we all know the Ravens will dsplay, and if they can do that i think the Pats run D will contain Rice and force Flacco to the air..I like our chances if my scenario plays out !!

nervous enough to go watch dave matthews and tim reynolds at Life is Good instead

it's fricking football........if you get nervous over a proffessional sport, then go get some depends at the supermarket.....you should be fine

are the pats favored? nope......chances are that they aren't going to win this game

Capt Ronald Speirs speaking to a scared soldier during WWII: We're all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there's still hope. But Blithe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function. Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends on it.

Last edited:
Ravens favored ? Pats win.

Nervous? Always. More than usual? Yes.

Last week was a classic trap game. This is not. Mentally, our boys will be ready. Will that be enough against an energized Ravens team and insanely tough stadium to play in? I hope so. I hope for, but don't expect, a win.

This game has playoff implications, assuming both teams play to their potential the rest of the season. It's about as important as an early season game gets.

anyone know when the last time the Pats had a losing record was?

nervous enough to go watch dave matthews and tim reynolds at Life is Good instead

it's fricking football........if you get nervous over a proffessional sport, then go get some depends at the supermarket.....you should be fine

are the pats favored? nope......chances are that they aren't going to win this game

Capt Ronald Speirs speaking to a scared soldier during WWII: We're all scared. You hid in that ditch because you think there's still hope. But Blithe, the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function. Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends on it.

I only liked because of the Band of Brothers reference

On radio this week, they stated that the Patriots haven't been sub .500, outside of opening week, since 2002.

2003 ? Though they did go on a historic winning streak after that.

2002 and 2001 had losing records.

Last edited:
On radio this week, they stated that the Patriots haven't been sub .500, outside of opening week, since 2002.

Crazy year too. Started 3-0 then lost 4 straight. Then got back to 8-5 and appeared ready for a run and lost 2 straight badly.

Someday when BB and Brady are gone and we look back on the 'golden years' one of the amazing things will be after that 7 loss season, the Pats went on to lose a total of 30 games in the next NINE years.
Lose 7 of 9 then 30 of 144. Who saw that coming when Antowain Smith was too winded to take a screen 40 yards vs Tennessee on Monday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes