Welcome to PatsFans.com

Neocons!!!!................unite!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Gather round, ye!

Fear not, the project for the new american century hath doeth closed. Ye shalt all be doth granted a new, better, more robust facility with which to ponder conservative circular talking points...

BEHOLD!

I granteth thee all membership in the soon to be sinking ship of thought......

The Foreign Policy Initiative

you can all bow down now......worship it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

I bet right now their working on finding and defining a new "Bogy Man" to unite them. Communism is dead, there welfare moms, and criminals, but they can't replace communism. They seem to need that, something that scares them. They need something to fight. What am i saying they have one......... BO and the liberal scurge that has taken over America. Oh say can you see by the dawns early light.........

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

watch these idiots start musing on how we need to control oil and natural gas, and work toward a New World order.

Then push for deregulated markets and banks....

and

tax cuts

BOLD new ideas......I can't wait to dive into this "think Tank"

4. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

Eureka Tax Cuts the answer to everything. More deregulation yeah thats what they'll say........Brilliant
    I thought they were afraid of the "NWO" But how about this "DRILL BABY DRILL". It makes for a real snappy chant. :rolleyes:

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

You should watch the news. I did. There's plenty of sh!t out there that should scare and right thinking person.

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What are you trying to say here? It doesn't appear to make sense.

Anyhow, I find it interesting that neocon-men have to constantly change the names of their little fiefdoms and projects. Blackwater, PNAC, Operation Iraqi Liberation (oops)...

In the famous words of Carlin:

"Some people think of you change the words, you change the condition! Well, sorry folks :)raspeberry:)... DOESN'T HAPPEN!"

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 5 / -10

A Califronia family is keeping their kids home from school to protest the schools closing.

8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I'm saying that anyone who thinks the world is suddenly safe is a f*cking idiot.

9. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

lots of burpin' and fartin' sounds

10. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +481 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

There are very few things other than the news that i do watch, 3-4 hours a day on average i'd say.
    There are plenty of things to worry about, but be scared of ....no not at the moment. Maybe i don't scare easily, i grew up during the height of the cold war when sometimes i would think this could be it. (Cuban Missile crisis) for ex.
    But i've done a little research, because i had heard of this study that showed neocons were more easily frightened or scared than other people. I never thought i'd find so much on the subject,so heres a little portion.

Startle Response Linked to Politics - washingtonpost.com

People who startle easily in response to threatening images or loud sounds seem to have a biological predisposition to adopt conservative political positions on many hot-button issues, according to unusual new research published yesterday.

The finding suggests that people who are particularly sensitive to signals of visual or auditory threats also tend to adopt a more defensive stance on political issues, such as immigration, gun control, defense spending and patriotism. People who are less sensitive to potential threats, by contrast, seem predisposed to hold more liberal positions on those issues.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/sep/19/science/sci-politics19

Die-hard liberals and conservatives aren't made, they're born. It's literally in their DNA.

That's the implication of a study by a group of researchers who wanted to see if there was a biological basis for people's political attitudes.

They found to their surprise that opinions on such contentious issues as gun control, pacifism and capital punishment are strongly associated with physiological traits that in all likelihood are present at birth.

The key is the differing levels of fear that people naturally feel.

"What is revolutionary about this paper is that it shows the path from genes to physiology to behavior," said James H. Fowler, a political science professor at UC San Diego who was not involved in the research........

And i like this little nugget i found a 50 year study on conservatives following authoritarian figures it fits right in.

The Raw Story | Video: 50 year study says conservatives 'followers'

John DEAN: I ran into a massive study that has really been going on 50 years now by academics. They've never really shared this with the general public. It's a remarkable analysis of the authoritarian personality. Both those who are inclined to follow leaders and those who jump in front and want to be the leaders. It was not the opinion of social scientists. It was information they drew by questioning large numbers of people -- hundreds of thousands of people -- in anonymous testing where [the subjects] conceded their innermost feelings and reactions to things. of these people were pre-qualified to be conservatives and this, did indeed, fit with the authoritarian personality.

Wow its amazing the things you can find these days. Ten years ago i scoffed at the idea of getting a computer. Silly Me. ;)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  11. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Bombs away! :cool:

12. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009