Welcome to PatsFans.com

Neocon William F. Buckley: George Bush has failed in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Aug 20, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wish you liberals would get together and work out some sort of agreement on what exactly the word "neocon" means. I used to proudly consider myself a "neocon" until I read what some group of liberals considered a neocon to be... So I was like "well, that doesn't really describe me then"... But now we have the Great William F. being called a neocon... so I guess I am back to being a proud neocon.... :rolleyes:
  3. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

William F. is an old school to the core.

Much like Inigo Montoya in "The Princess Bride" said, "I do not think that word means what you think it means"
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Buckley's not so extreme right.
    He supports the legalization of Marijuana. What kind o neo con does that?
  5. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I said old school, not extreme.

I'm not necessarily against pot being legalized either.
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Another conservative rat deserts the foundering ship.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2005
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Coincidently, did you see where the GOP are not supporting thier Republican candidate in Ct, but rather backing an Independent.
  8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

foundership ship? the same ship that has sailed to election victory after election victory?
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Let's see he won the first one 5-4 in the Supreme Court. and the other by 300k in Ohio. I wouldn't exactly call that a dominating victory.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Buckley is not a neo con just like libs to throw around terms they don't know the meaning of.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think liberals consider it a derogatory term, so anyone they disagree with politically is labelled a "neocon". Unfortunately, as we have aptly demonstrated, they just can't quite agree on what the word itself actually means.

The meaning of the word "neocon" has pretty much evolved into just another word liberals use to describe conservatives.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  12. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Buckley is about as far from a neconservative as you can get. He's an old fashioned fiscal conservative, much like Reagan.

There is a HUGE difference. The neocons believe in spreading democracy throughout the world by any means necessary including military force. Their point is that the more democracies throughout the world the more stable the world is. That's not the liberal definition. That's their definition. It sounds great, but the only problem is that it doesn't work and is extremely costly both in terms of real money, human life and military resources as we have all seen.

A corollary to the neocon view is the spread of christianity which is why low lifes like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell cheered on the Iraq war. Robertson and Falwell view the conquering of countries like Iraq as a way to advance the message of Jesus, which is in itself sick and demented and about as far away from what Jesus stood for as one can get. But hey, those private jets and vacations homes don't pay for themselves. New converts = big money.

Fiscal conservatives, who have basically been banished from the GOP, are good people who believe in a strong national defense, low taxes and limited govt., but don't believe it's our job to play policeman to the world. They are not religious extremists. In fact GWB's father was an old fashioned fiscal conservative. I wish they had a stronger voice in their party, but alas, their day is done.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2006