Welcome to PatsFans.com

Neo-Cons talking about bombing Irans nuclear capability

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Blue Collar, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or having Israel bomb irans nuclear infrastructure.
    Let's think about this.
    Israel has the F-15I bomber which has a range of 800mi. and Tehran being at the extreme edge of their range. And that's if they can get through Saudi or Iraqs airspace. Which is functionally the U.S. airspace. Which means the only way the IAF can hit Iran anyway is to ask the white house permission to allow this operation to happen.

Remember, if they allow that to happen and piss off Iran in a region-wide conflict with us stuck in Iraq..Which we are trying to stabilize Iraq and change the region in hopes of promoting democracy...The white house essentially is backtracking on one of thier claims of why we had to invade Iraq.
    Which is to promote democracy in the mid-east.

Now let's look at the potential of Irans response to this attack.
    One would be the strait of hormuz and Irans ability to block oil carrying vessels or attack or mine or sabotage throughout the strait and ports.
    Crippling the oil that drives the world economy. Here's a link to thier capability in that endeavour.
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/2/28/181730.shtml?s=lh
    Then you have shiites in iraq which iran will promote to increase the insurgency and equip with armament to better facilitate that goal and keep us bogged down in Iraq.
    Then you have hamas which is located around the world and has cells in the U.S. and with our porous southern border, more will be able to sneak in, and they are as capable as Al-Qaeda if not more so. They will no doubt be used by Iran to implement chaos globaly and in the U.S.

Democracy-Diplomacy is in the balance with an attack on Iran through out the mid-east.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  2. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My thoughts: The WH could be allowing Israel to start the war with Iran they want to start then we join in.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 1 / -9

Leave those poor little Iranians alone let them build their Nuke Bomb the UN will talk to them, they won't hurt anyone :singing:
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I reached the limit of cynicism about the US "plans" for the ME. It seems the most absurdly bizarre scenario is possible when you talk about what's going on in Bush's head. It is not only possible but likely that Bush has no plans for "democracy" in the ME. Rather, he and his true believers in the Book of Revelation see themselves as the agents to actually put the prophesy into play. All the justifications of entering Iraq (WMD's, AQ connection, Saddam a threat to security, fighting AQ over ther instead of here, liberation of the Iraqis, democracy) have proven to be false.

What is left? There are a lot of mentally ill people in the world who think that war is good, and a great war is great. It shakes things up and separates the strong from the weak - kind of a malthusian model for population control and control of the world's natural resources. That's dangerous when you mix it with a sense of invulnerability and a messianic complex. I have no faith in our leaders, left and right. I saw Gingrich talking about WWIII on Meet the Press and Biden sat there timidly and responded with, "Well, I disagree with his WWIII comment" and moved on with some weak-kneed response when he should have jumped up and decked him on TV, straddled over him and screamed, "There's no f--kin way I'm gonna allow you religious freaks to drag us into WWIII, you prick!". This milktoast response from every Dem is going to ensure a continuation of this course to Allah knows where.
  5. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I also watched MTP and that is one of the reasons I put this thread up.
    Fox news, some of their people on their news shows are advocating the bombing of Iran by the U.S.. One was the beltway boys, and they both said that bush should bomb iran justbefore he leaves office so the next U.S.president does not have to deal with a nuclearized Iran. And of course hannity on his show is saying the almost same thing ,long with similar comments across the conservative media spectrum.
    It all sounds similar to the way they beat the drum for the invasion of Iraq.
    And when the Iraq wmd justification turned up epmty, they changed the message to Iraq democracy wil spread throughout the mid-east.
    I might add,they do not address the consequences of this latest message their sending out to the listeners and viewers. Just another piece of cake mission with no reverse consequences, again eerily similar to the iraq hocus pocus campaign drum beat that they fed the public. While I agree iran with nukes is scary, I am not saying bombem, due to many theories of what ifs.
    So in this new war song that is building across this nation I would like to discuss all the anles on both sides.
  6. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am not saying that harry, read the post again and comment on how you think the U.S. should respond and what you think is a likely counter-attack and how to prevent. Or come up with a thought on diplomacy,
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You talk like a coward. You don't say what you mean, instead leaving it open so you can make fun of what everyone else says. I mean, if you're not just being pathetically passive-aggressive, do you think we should bomb Iran right now?
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +355 / 6 / -8

We have a bingo.

Of course, to make this work, today's open-mike amateur hour has to be a staged stunt... but I certainly don't put that past the administration.

PFnV
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +626 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Israel has surface to surface nuclear tipped cruise missles with a range of around 1000 miles. They have cruise missles that can be launched by sub or ground.

Research would probably be more specific...but in any case...they don't need to fly into Iran to do the deed.

Now...who would shoot down the missle...U.S. NO ... Saudi Arabia NO. But i'm sure Iran will know it's coming just as soon as it is launched...take about 1 hour or so to get there..the whole world will know.
  10. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes I left out that possibility, thank you for bringing it to mine and everyones attention. You still have to contend with the possible outcome of a counter- attack and our troops quite busy in Iraq fighting insurgency.And I would believe Iran directs the iraq shiites to increase that activity and arm them better with an array of exsplosive devices and rpg's.
    And the strait of hormuz,and hizb'allah around the world and the U.S.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2005
  11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +626 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

I agree with where you are going with this. Iran and Israel are to far away from each other to fight a conventional war. So any escalation of direct attack from soil to soil by air will be a problem for us.

We can't stop them...but IMO I don't see Israel taking that step just yet.

From our point of view...I think Iran being isolated and punished will be ramped up as time goes by. But...the world did this to Saddam also and it proved to be no solution either.

In the end...I see the U.S. having a very large base in NorthEast Iraq...not too close to the border...but close enough to take the proper steps if and when Iran decides to go loco.
  12. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your a moderate that leans right and use's caution in your statements which sound logical.
    But the neo-cons are taking a hardline stance on Iran and and banging the drum for the viewers, Gingrich took a hardline stance on Iran and DPRK yesterday on MTP, along with other neo-cons who have exsposure in the media. The idea is being talked about and in our forum theres a poll showing iran deserves to pay, I take that as a military response?
    Personaly I don't know what the Israelies or the bush administration will do.
    But the rhetoric is heating up as it did in 02 towards Iraq.
    I believe your statement is correct that we will be based in northern Iraq for future options, except that your a moderate and the neo-cons have an itchy trigger finger.
  13. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I did some research.
    The Israelies cruise missiles are to inaccurate for a strike on Irans nuclear facilities. Also with a majority of Irans nuke facilities underground and hardened-bunkers.... The israelies would need a precise deep penetrator(nuclear bunker bomb) fitted to a more accurate missile. To destroy their targets.
    Their subs are a diesel jericho II class / although there are rumors they upgraded with a german design.
    Even in the sub-case, accuracy comes into play launching from that platform.
    I'm looking at the logistics of these subs travelling from israel/or through the indian ocean and persian gulf, or suez canal.
    More on the subs.
    The rumor is the german design could launch the nuke cruise off that platform, accuracy is questioned along with bunker buster capability.
    Then you have a diesel sub loaded for a 45 day trip without support for a mission as secret as this and the longevity of the trip is questioned with a sub that has to snorkel.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +626 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Hopefully 2008 comes quickly and the neo-cons are removed. But I think Iran and Co. also realize this...they want a full blown conflict leading to a real Jihad now.

Regardless of how desperate they get...they will not get their Jihad. The majority of Muslims don't apply the Koran as they do. they don't exactly view Muhammed like the radicals do.

Muhammed reclaimed much lost land over his life...thus his radical sayings...supposedly from Allah carry much weight. The modern day radicals are trying to get back to the 1400's and finish the job...IMO..they feel they have 2 years...probably 12-18 months to provoke the "itchy-finger neo-cons".

I believe the true neo-cons are almost as dangerous as the radical Muslims. The only difference between the two is that one kills innocent people to provoke and the other talks a game the entire world fears.
  15. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ISRAELI Ground troops just entered southern lebanon: Their mission right now is to destroy Hizb'Allah outposts.