Welcome to PatsFans.com

NEM, this will make your day!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BruschiOnTap, Nov 11, 2006.

1. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6138480.stm

BBC NEWS
    Rumsfeld may face abuse charges
    Donald Rumsfeld, who quit as US defence secretary this week, may face criminal charges in Germany for alleged abuses in Guantanamo Bay and Iraq.

A complaint has been launched by the US-based Centre for Constitutional Rights, representing a Saudi detained in Cuba and 11 Iraqis held in Baghdad.

German law allows the pursuit of cases originating anywhere in the world.

The centre made a similar request in 2004 but German prosecutors dropped that case.

Resignation

The Centre for Constitutional Rights argues that Mr Rumsfeld was instrumental in abuses committed at Guantanamo Bay and at Abu Ghraib jail in Baghdad.

The lawyer group alleges that Mr Rumsfeld personally approved torture to be used to extract information from the prisoners.

It is also seeking to prosecute US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and former CIA director George Tenet, among others.

The group's complaint will be filed to German federal prosecutors on Tuesday, a spokesperson for the group said.

The prosecutors will have to again decide whether the complaint should be heard.

Mr Rumsfeld resigned on Wednesday following Republican losses to the Democrats in the US mid-term elections.

The Pentagon has not yet commented on the issue.

The US denies any torture has taken place at Guantanamo Bay and has defended its interrogation techniques.

Abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib was brought to world attention after photographs of the incidents were released and published.
    Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/americas/6138480.stm

Published: 2006/11/11 04:47:33 GMT

? BBC MMVI
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

Many of you will live to see the defeat of America, many of you will live to see the Islamic Religion and Muslims with their flowing robes and turbins march into America's White House, Congress and Senate and take control of The United States Of America, the first thing they will do is burn the constitution and behead all the liberals.

MANY OF YOU WILL DIE.

AMERICA HASN'T WON A WAR SINCE WWII
  3. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Most countries that are worth a s*** haven't even fought a war since WWII...
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

turn off fox news, and quit being so afraid.

You honestly think...."flowing robed turban wearing muslims" will march into washington...and behead all of the 'liberals'....????

Yeah....Osama steams into the capital, inetrviews all people in america, decides on who is liberal.....then beheads them. Leaving the terrorists and the conservatives?

ye who doesn't believe in conspiracy theories?
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

off topic: My friend has a source for these insanely hot peppers from deep in the wilds of Sicily. I'll get a bunch of them, make a paste and coat a coil of roofing nails with it. Then I just need a C-clamp to hold back the safety clutch on my nail gun and I'll be ready for bearded hordes:cool:

On Topic:If they're going after Rummy, then I say we prosecute the President of Volkswagen for all those commercials with the 'zoom zoom' kid. That little schit drove me nuts for years. Both cases seem equally valid to me.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

isn't 'zoom-zoom' Mazda? ..... either way .... he needs to be punished.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, you're right. However prosecuting the Volkswagen guy for a Mazda commercial seems about right considering the precedent established by the Germans :D