PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEM has been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Heard through the grapevine that the trigger was finally pulled. A shame if you ask me. Since when do pressure groups dictate who's a good Pats fan and who's not? This sets a bad precedent. If somebody isn't in the majority or has a strong opinion about something, he or she now needs to fear the possibility that their membership could be terminated.

Here's a way where we can have everyone included but spare this part of the forum from the usual back and forth war of words that so often occur in threads like these.... I propose a "Pissing Contest Forum" where forumers can create 10+ page threads bickering back and forth with their online foes. Instead of banning the least popular member, immediately send threads that devolve into such contests to the new forum.

Finally, this is the internet, don't take yourselves so seriously. Let NEM back in. This is all I have to say.

Heard through the grapevine that the trigger was finally pulled. A shame if you ask me. Since when do pressure groups dictate who's a good Pats fan and who's not? This sets a bad precedent. If somebody isn't in the majority or has a strong opinion about something, he or she now needs to fear the possibility that their membership could be terminated.

Here's a way where we can have everyone included but spare this part of the forum from the usual back and forth war of words that so often occur in threads like these.... I propose a "Pissing Contest Forum" where forumers can create 10+ page threads bickering back and forth with their online foes. Instead of banning the least popular member, immediately send threads that devolve into such contests to the new forum.

Finally, this is the internet, don't take yourselves so seriously. Let NEM back in. This is all I have to say.

if thats true then im out too...that guy was probly a more dedicated fan then everyone on this board combined. plus he made things interesting - the dude posted here like 20000 times....give me a break. and im not saying at all that i like the guy very much...:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: BRING NEM BACK

another thought...why was he banned anyways. Honestly people, the guy brought alot of insight onto this board. Can people really not handle online arguements to the point they have to dismiss the other person?

Yea, the old man got on nerves but he was interesting. Maybe a certain offensive coordinator banned him.

I say bring NEM back...we shoudl at least vote on it. i know it sounds silly but he made up like half the posts on this board everyday (exaggeration)
i actually really liked reading his rants

i am for one glad that he was banned,
the man made the board contentious, and very hostile, his weren't debates, they were threats and abusive rants.

EDIT:
although, I do feel sorry for him though, he seems like he really Loves the Pats, if only he could change his tone a little, maybe a month ban maybe?

Last edited:
the man made the board contentious, and very hostile, his weren't debates, they were threats and abusive rants.
Only on nights when the moon was waxing full.

BLACK_WOLF_HOWL_LAY.JPG_thumb.jpg

His most notable detractors broke more of the written rules here in antagonizing him than he ever did himself. He's not out btw, I've talked to him this very hour through the PM system, he's been locked out of the main board.

A n00b dared to criticize Josh McDaniels just yesterday and one of the usual gang of insane internet whackjobs jumped down his throat as though he was screaming at Nem himself. So that's probably a lesson for anyone who doesn't wanna get on these people's s-list. McDaniels can do no wrong.

Oh and if you have anything to say to any of the other contentious people who post here, I suggest you do it soon. I doubt these clowns will stop now.

That listing doesn't indicate he was banned. He thought he was a month ago ( :rolleyes: ) which elicited much sympathy only to discover it was a computer problem...

If Ian banned him or suspended him or sent him to his room for a time out as he as had to do before, it isn't because Ian frowns on divergence of opinion. It's a behavior issue. I know some of you think this is the internet and it's a free for all. But this is a private web site on the internet, and as such is entitled to have rules or policies which, if you disagree with them, you are free to move to a site better suited to YOUR vision of what a football fan message board (which is just one element of Ian's site) should be.

Piling on from a bunch of provocative jerks forced Ian's hand. A swift reversal is in order.

is there a reason why he was banned ?

from my point of view surely NEM is a passionate fan and i really love his post expecially when he remembers the 'old times'

from my side i hope he can re-join us

NEM is posting in the off-topic forum, but Ian restricted him from posting in the football forum.

NEM posted his side of the story in the off-topic, political forum.

Last edited:
I find NEM's constant harping on one subject, which he manages to insert into every other thread irrespective of its subject, utterly tiresome. I also feel that he seems to have some sort of compulsive need to be the centre of attention. The flip side of that is he attracts - and in some instances sets himself up for - the attention of other posters.

And when he's in those sorts of moods I just ignore him and his posts.

When on other topics he can be insightful and entertaining, and I hope we see that side him back at some stage.

I posted my thoughts to NEM on the thread he created in the political forum.

The basic thrust being that he needs to take some responsibility for the events that have transpired.

The sad fact of the matter is that, for NEM, there is no such thing as bad publicity, only publicity.

As sad as it is to say, this forum will be a better place without his presence.

I dont for a single minute believe those scaremongers who see this as a beginning of a Nazi regime - where bannings result from simply being out of favour or in the minority.

Maybe NEM wil learn his lesson and tackle his delusions, but I sincerely doubt it.

NM

Last edited:
An alternative may be that there be a separate "Patriots Playpen"(or something like that) forum, where the types of arguments and threads he often starts can go to.. those who choose to argue with him can go there and do what they need to do.

Personally, as much as I respect his knowledge and passion, am quite tired of his relentless rants about the O coordinator and the tendency personal attacks.. but am not sure it is valid to ban him, but then again do not know the whole story. One of his issues is that this is only an internet forum, not real life and there is a need to separate them.

He gets banned once every few months or so doesn't he?

EDIT:
although, I do feel sorry for him though, he seems like he really Loves the Pats, if only he could change his tone a little, maybe a month ban maybe?

NEM is a passionate Patsfan..This is not the Oxford debate club. Faint of heart fans should stay away...

BTW...Skippy stinks...fire him....

I

As sad as it is to say, this forum will be a better place without his presence.

NM

Says you ? Who else do you want to see kicked off ? Come on. Have the stones say.

NEM goes back to the beginning with the Patriots and adds quite a bit. When he goes over the top, instead of baiting and piling on, be big boys and simply confront what he has to say.

Bring back NEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back