Welcome to PatsFans.com

NEM got me thinking...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BruschiOnTap, Jan 2, 2007.

1. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would like to pre-emptively apologise in the case that I offended anyone with my postings of the last two nights. I was heavily under the influence and have read a few of these posts. First I laughed at myself, then I became embarassed as I had/have no recollection of typing them, which makes me wonder how many more are out there and what else I may have typed. This apology extends to all other forum threads and topics but so far I have only seen these embarassing posts in the Political Discussion area. I already know I sound like an idiot when I type sober, so no apologies there ;)
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, I DO IT ALL THE TIME, WHEN YOU START TO TAKE ALL THIS SH!T SERIOUS THEN IT'S TIME TO QUIT DRINKING, I'VE BEEN CALLED A NAZI, NEO CON NUT, IDIOT, AND I AM CONSTANTLY BEING CALLED A RACIST, A BIGOT AND STUPID.
    THEY CALL ME STUPID BECAUSE I'M SMARTER THAN THEM :singing:
    :bricks:
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I come here for a few reasons....one of which is incoherant banter....no need to apologise.

Harry is right on two levels. One, don't take this seriously...and two, he is totally under the influence!

:)
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this explains a lot... and, being a liberal, i'll show a bit more compassion for your plight... words of advice, don't drink and blog...

however, i would not trivialize the current state of geopolitics as "sh!t" that is not to be taken serious... because people not taking the Bush League serious the past 6 years is what has landed us in this unaccountable situation in the first place.... it is very serious, very deadly, and very real...
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

In a few days Auntie Pelosi will be acting up, maybe she and her little gang of Bush Hater Nuts can straighten the world out.

NO MORE WAR STAY OUT OF AFRICA
    HELL NO WE WON'T GO
    ARE AFRICAN PEOPLE BETTER THAN IRAQI PEOPLE
    SEND YOUR SONS TO CANADA
    PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON LIVED BY THE SEA
    WHERE THE HELL IS UNCLE TEDDY
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so you explain yourself, then go right back to inane, incoherent babble...

have another drink, on me...

regardless, the more relevant question: are Iraqis and their oil more important than slaughtered Africans? can you tackle that question, or will you be doing an "olay" on that one as well?
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

What about all the people that are limping around Iraq with only one leg and no tongue?

NO MORE WAR STAY OUT OF AFRICA

LIBERALS LIKE THE AFRICA WAR BECAUSE IT IS THEIR WAR

MY WAR IS BETTER THAN YOUR WAR :bricks:
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

So you'd like to compare the atrocity of 100K tortured/murdered Iraqi citizens to 2-3 million butchered nomadic Africans? We can do that if you like...

What exactly IS your problem with stopping the REAL genocide in central Africa, "Stupid Harry Boy?".... We'd like to hear your rationale on this one...

Something tells me you have none...

But, if you do, please provide something besides "they're darker" if you could...
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

We're busy right now helping people in Iraq, so I think the UN, France, Germany, Russia, Spain and Canada should be more than enough to handle Africa.

THE LITTLE LIBERAL SAYS
    "WE DON'T LIKE THE IRAQI WAR BECAUSE THAT IS GEORGE BUSH'S WAR AND WE HATE GEORGE BUSH"

"WE LIKE THE AFRICA WAR BECAUSE THAT IS GEORGE CLOONEYS WAR AND WE LOVE GEORGE CLOONEY"
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

chalk up another "L" for lost debate, HB... you bring nothing to the table whatsoever...
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm more worried that you like to get drunk and then sign on here. Go out and enjoy your younger years, meet some girls, and above all remember: politics and drinking don't mix!
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You'd think so, but I know better... drinking is fun, but it only mixes with friends and football.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

A dimly lit Co-ktail lounge, a twenty two year old beauty with soft round breasts, she is nibbling your ear, she is pushing herself into you, Sinatra is singing "My Way", your table is loaded with booze, her apartment is right upstairs.

YOU WOULD RATHER WATCH A FOOTBALL GAME :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, that does sound good. I have vague memories of breaking up after a beer festival, though, so I stick to drinking + sports.
  15. taltos

taltos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Someone please tell the Kennedy clan.
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Yes they are is the answer no one will ever admit to. To me every life is of equal value. I was in favor of action in the Balkans, Rwanda, Somalia, and am for it in Darfur. Leaders can't view, and subsequently deal, with issues as the common citizen can. Just like a general can't try to spare lives as he knows it's a given many will be lost. A president per say, has to handle certain issues with the greater picture involved, whereas Joe Citizen does not. It's the sad reality of the world we live in today. Think about it, had the ME not had oil, do you really think anyone would treat it any differently than they do greater Africa? Of course not. It's sad, but that's reality.
  17. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Real World: is there a military option you don't support???

For a self proclaimed conservative, you sure do enjoy spending like a drunken sailor to impose our way of life on others and build nations.

damn...thats liberal as all hell.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Wht the f-ck not? Why can't leaders deal with problems like I do, as fairly as possible and only when it's my own business. Do you see every international problem as having a military solution? What's wrong with intervening in Burma, East Timor, Botswana, any other place where people are getting killed? That's a crazy view of the world as we're concerned.

EXPLAIN YOURSELF, dammit!:rocker:
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Wistah, I've had this very discussion a billion times, and it's always with Libertarians. I understand the live and let live mantra of your political persuasion, but unfortunately the world does not revolve with one person inhabiting it. It revolves with many. It's this very debate with Libertarians that created my forum name, Real World. I kept having to type "in the Real World" so many times it stuck. Anyhow, I'm explain my position as simplistically as possible as it is closing time here at work, and I've been down this path too many times.

Leaders can't be honest the way you and I can because there are consequences to complete honesty. My position on UBL would be an example. If Mushareff said his govt would fall if we zapped UBL, and the Admin decided PAki stability was more important that a trophy UBL, could the Admin ever admit to that? Of course not. I know it flies against the "principle" ideology of Libertarians, but as I told them, reality will always trump principle. BTW, I tend to consider myself a man of principle.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +443 / 5 / -2

Military option? What I support is saving the lives of 800,000 women and children who were slaughtered in Rwanda. Would doing so have cost us the Trillion dollars Iraq will? Hell no. I'd have not gone into Iraq. I said that in 2003. My support for Iraq after the fact stems from the reality of what failure would bring. See, I beleive that we have a responsiblity to help those who cannot help themselves. That we should defend the slaughtered. Maybe not individually as a nation, but certainly as a global movement via the UN. Lets not miscontrue this as some open ended commitment to blow up anyone we dislike. I think in instances like Rwanda, Darfur, the Balkans, etc... where there is a mass targeting of women and children for death, we should step in to defend them. Would you not want to stop the Halocaust? I find it interesting how we so pity the plight of 6 million Jews who were exterminated from the earth, yet, at the same time we ignore the same extermination of women and children abroad.

BTW, I'm a fiscal conservative. I beleive in fiscal sanity. Most of social views are probably more moderate than most of you understand.