Nelson leaving Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://sports.bostonherald.com/college/view.bg?articleid=127789

This guy should have gotten an offer, at the least, from a Division II school. Either he put out that he didn't want to move up or some of these schools (say Umass, URI, any number of other local teams) are just stupid. 8 wining seasons after taking over a team that had lost 16 games in a row. I wish Steve the best in his new work here in RI but can't help but think a very good football coach is walking away.

I am saddned by that because he IS a football player and coach....one woulf think SOME college or pro team would take advantage of all his knowledge...
I wonder if there was any money issue or?? Just curious about that..or if this is just a point where he is till an offer is made??? I wish him luck as well..I think he wuld make a great coach for a college team..or a good asst coach in the pros. Good luck Nellie!! Sad you are leaving Curry though..

Nellie

I hope Stonehill makes him an offer!

Steve Nelson was a great player and coach. It is too bad that no other college team has made him an offer. I have never understood why not. He seems like a decent guy also.

The article and Nelson's comments make it sound like his decision, not that he is being dumped or forced out. Maybe he is just burned out or decided its time to do something different.

Weishuhn said:
The article and Nelson's comments make it sound like his decision, not that he is being dumped or forced out. Maybe he is just burned out or decided its time to do something different.

I agree that he's leaving on his own, Curry would be idiots to not want him but the fact that he was never a leading candidate for a better job over the past couple of years seems foolish to me. From the times he's been on EEI and those who know him I assumed he was interested in that step up. Maybe he got tired of waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes