PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEInsider's Other Post Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This might be the most talented Patriots team we have ever fielded. This is hands down the deepest and potentially most physically gifted set of DB's we have ever had. Bryant is an excellent corner and will thrive here. Wheatley will play a lot instantly and has more talent and smarts than any corner we have ever had. If it translates to the field you will be dazzled by him. Not only does he have 4.3 speed but his quickness is jaw dropping. He has the best transition from back pedal I have seen in years. He has an inate awareness of where the receiver is and an ability to keep his position on the receiver. Unless he is picked few receivers can get away from him. Hobbs played hurt all year and should have a breakout year. Wilhite can also be good since his transition from a back pedal is flawless. Speed is WORTHLESS to a CB that cannot transition from the back pedal. Good WRs eat corners alive than cannot transition.

Meriweather will play everywhere because he can and that is just so unusual. The safety rotation of Meriweather, Sanders, and Rodney along with several free agents will be very diverse and fexible enough to play any offense. Slater might eventually move into this mix in a year or so because at 6-0 he can carry 210 pounds without losing speed and that should be his natural position. Think 6-0, 210+, 4.4 speed, big hitter, super smart, and wants it. It is up to him to do it but he is driven. UCLA coaches were idiots. he has more skills than anyone they had at DB. Quite pathetic.

Mayo will be a superstar and has instantly become a favorite of Bill. he might rival Vrabel, Thomas, Seau, and Bruischi in LB football smarts and that is saying a lot. He is a true 3-down 3-4 inside linebacker and they are incredibly hard to find. The highest rated LB for our system ever. Seau will be back for another year if healthy. With Bruischi, Seau, Hobson, Woods, and Mayo we are set at ILB. I would not be surprised to see a constant rotation of the four inside until Mayo certainly takes over by mid-season if not in training camp. keep an eye on Hobson. he might be the biggest surprise pickup and a really good kid. There are several free-agent LBs that could make the team.

Crable will get a lot of reps outside as a rotation sub for Thomas and Vrabel. He is a little raw but will be coached up instantly because he is smart. Crable is a bigtime playmaker off the edge and much quicker than I thought. Watch for Thomas this year. Thomas is going to have a monster year. Seau could get some time outside also. It is a great set of smart ILBs and OLBs for our 3-4.

Film does not do O'Connell justice. He is raw for lack of coaching but lord does he have a big-time gun and is extremely coachable. A few coaching tips and his accuracy improved instantly.

Slater should instantly become the kick and punt return guy and a bigtime favorite on special teams.

I am so sick of hearing these pundits trash Seymour. Few if any NFL players would have even played last year with what Richard went through. He is a true man amongst boys when healthy and Seymour will be a monster this year. He is healthy, has been in the off-season program, and the happiest I have ever seen him. Seymour will again be the best defensive player on the field and the best defensive lineman in the NFL.

A healthy Sammy Morris makes the offense better than last year if possible. Morris and Maroney were a great compliment to each other early on. The loss of Morris was really felt in some late season games and in particular the SB. Morris' running style was better suited for the Giant defense is all I will say. The offense had much better balance before Sammy was hurt.

I expect we will be very competitive this year.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2809612&lid=6

Two posts in one day. The guy is practically living on the ESPN message board.

Last edited:
It's amusing that people actually think this person is an insider.

Why would Woods be playing ILB? Maybe he made a mistake. Also, I don't like how he showed a preference for Morris over Maroney. Maroney was the best offensive player on the field down the stretch of the season and thru the playoffs.

Otherwise the optimism is nice if over the top.

The only thing I could possibly use to defend NEInsider is that everything he says is positive, which could be a sign of a PR type approach.

But more than likely it's just a homer getting his jollies ;)

I personally doubt he is an insider, but I think the posts are entertaining. Probably 100% BS though.

Your pessimism may prove to be true, but it may not. I choose to believe he has a source. NEinsider tends to see the glass as 3/4 full, but his info is not unrealistic.

The rookies we drafted DO have a ton of talent. Seymour IS one of the best when completely healthy. Morris WAS a key part of the run game before the collarbone.

This team will be very good next year, VERY good. Will they go 19-0? Not likely, because it's a long season and something will happen eventually.

BUT, they will walk away with the Lombardi Trophy after the Super Bowl!

he said

"With Bruischi, Seau, Hobson, Woods, and Mayo at ILB"

if woods plays ILB next season, then this guy is trully an insider

first time i have ever heard of woods as an ILB

Your pessimism may prove to be true, but it may not. I choose to believe he has a source. NEinsider tends to see the glass as 3/4 full, but his info is not unrealistic.

The rookies we drafted DO have a ton of talent. Seymour IS one of the best when completely healthy. Morris WAS a key part of the run game before the collarbone.

This team will be very good next year, VERY good. Will they go 19-0? Not likely, because it's a long season and something will happen eventually.

BUT, they will walk away with the Lombardi Trophy after the Super Bowl!

OK, just do a simple exercise. Read both "insider" posts Rob0729 has used to start threads tonight. Put all the items together and think about what they say. Read them logically and you'll find the Solar System sized hole in the "Insider" story.

OK, just do a simple exercise. Read both "insider" posts Rob0729 has used to start threads tonight. Put all the items together and think about what they say. Read them logically and you'll find the Solar System sized hole in the "Insider" story.

Well, in about two months we will be able to see if this guy is the real deal or not. All we have to see is where Woods, Meriweather (granted he has back pedaled from him playing CB to him playing everywhere), and a few other players he has mentioned playing out of position line up in training camp.

Well, in about two months we will be able to see if this guy is the real deal or not. All we have to see is where Woods, Meriweather (granted he has back pedaled from him playing CB to him playing everywhere), and a few other players he has mentioned playing out of position line up in training camp.

Guessing right on a few notions won't prove anything. Re-read item #1 of his first post tonight.

Guessing right on a few notions won't prove anything. Re-read item #1 of his first post tonight.

If he guess right on Woods, might prove something. I haven't read anywhere that there was even a possibility of him moving to ILB.

Big hole? Fill me in, please.

NEInsidah: "We still have VIDEO of other teams taping us"

Uh-oh!

Last edited:
Well, it sounds to me like he is too optomistic.
Frankly, I share his optimism but we are a long ways out from week 1, week 10 or week 16.
There can be expected to be a few injuries along the way.
For him to so nonchalantly act as if we won't be set back by loosing Asante is a little too much for me.
His story is like the fairy tale version of what we hope it will be, but really is our 2nd round cornerback instantly that good...probably not.
Will Morris and maroney stay healthy....who knows.
Just a little to sryupy sweet for me...but hey I hope it is all true.

His posts on ESPN are at 12:41 PM and 12:51 PM. That would put him on lunch break at work.

His posts on ESPN are at 12:41 PM and 12:51 PM. That would put him on lunch break at work.
Yeah, even data entry clerk's at insurance companies need an hour off.

J D Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey