PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Negative Boston writers at it already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the Curly Haired Boyfriend. Shaugnessy and Borges can't leave fast enough.

The moment those hacks leave the staff, someone should write an article called "Say Goodbye to Old Globe Sports Section"

I think he wrote the same column just after the Pats signed Dillon. ;)

God forbid someone writes a negative thing about the Pats.

Do these guys not remember Brian Cox was the first way back in 2001 and what happened that year? BB does not want a team full of these types of players, but hes not looking for a church choir either. What ever , just ignore the clowns and enjoy football.

Wait till Felger starts with his crap....what a douche.

God forbid someone writes a negative thing about the Pats.

They write negative things ALL THE TIME. That is the problem. But you know that, Danny Boy, since you are of their ilk. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if you were WRONG BOGUS, himself, with the way you prattle on.

I was just coming on to see if any of you had read the CHB article yet. I guess you have. He's such a ****.

lol, Shaughnessy is so stupid. Remember when he called the Patriots "desperate housewives"?

They write negative things ALL THE TIME. That is the problem. But you know that, Danny Boy, since you are of their ilk. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if you were WRONG BOGUS, himself, with the way you prattle on.

You people are falling for Ron and Dans trap hook, line and sinker....its about selling papers. Controversy sells.

I know, Im being censored here.

He's so out of his league whenever he attempts to write about football.

The part when he says that the Pats have no holes or weaknesses - - evidently he hasn't heard of the Inside Linebacker position in football.

He's an old style Boston hack who (if he didn't have connections in journalism) would be some guy who opens doors at courthouses or drives city councilors around.

Supposedly he's a journalist with no ties to the teams about whom he writes, but SOMEHOW his daughter gets a plum internship with Tom Werner a couple of years ago. Yup, The Globe has an ownership interest in the Sox, Shaughnessy's daughter is chosen for a plum internship with Werner and Shaughnessy wants the reader to believe there is no conflict of interest.

Then he puts out schlock about the Patriots.

I wonder where his paycheck really comes from?

They honestly should stick to writing about baseball.

Last edited:
Shaugnessy hasn't figured it out. He acts like this is the first time the Pats have taken on a risk. Like many have previously stated, the pats have taken on Bryan Cox, Corey Dillon, Johnathan Sullivan.... some have panned out and some have not.

One guy on the NFL network said it best "the patriots can afford to take risks because they have such strong veteran leadership in the lockerroom."

The Patriots benefit from this distorted preception they are goodie two-shoes and they are far from it. They are one of the meanest and toughest teams in the NFL from Hobbs not backing down, to Seymour not being pushed around, back to Ty Poole being nasty against Steve Smith in the Superbowl, and the perceived mean guys like Cox, Harrison, etc.

This goes back to the Christian Peters saga and the media has not let that go and to the patriots benefit they have been milking this perception for years which is partly correct but partly misguided.

You people are falling for Ron and Dans trap hook, line and sinker....its about selling papers. Controversy sells.

I know, Im being censored here.

Evidently you have taken lessons from Shaughnessy (or you ARE him, Danny Boy!) since your posts have all the same level of insight and value and their only aim is controversy.

It's kind of funny. He whacks at the Patriots for signing Moss, and also whacks at them for having standards.

"What happened to their sanctimonious standards they supposedly set .."

Well, look, Dan, if you think the standards you think they set are sanctimonious, why are you *****ing because they are being ignored?

How can you criticize them for having standards and not having not meeting standards in hte same sentence?

Of course, this ignores the idea that the Patriots have the sanctimonious standards to begin with. The Patriots sign players they think will be an asset to the team. If they had no issues in the past, but won't help the team, then they don't get signed. If they have issues in the past, but the Pats think they are in the past and not likely to be repeated, and the player will help the team, the player might get signed.

I hate sports writers who need to find something to complain about.

I'm not a fan of Moss in any way, shape or form, and suspect we may have wasted a fourth round pick.

I'll give Moss (and the Pats) the benefit of the doubt enough to see how Moss does. Then if it doesn't work out, it will have been a gamble that failed.

But there isn't a need at this point to criticize a team for not being sanctimonious.

Evidently you have taken lessons from Shaughnessy (or you ARE him, Danny Boy!) since your posts have all the same level of insight and value and their only aim is controversy.

I like to think of myself as more of a Borges guy. I'm glad your here though Shmessy, it seems I'm causing some issues. Are my days numbered because I have an opinion that doesnt sit well in Patriot Nation? Should I just start posting rah-rah stuff?

Why would my thread regarding BB's future be deleted?

Will you guys reinstate me when Im proven correct?

No, most people here do know that, and are frustrated by precisely that. They are yearning for some actual thought, some effort, some professionalism. Instead they are given a steady plate of bilious fluff.

Such an article has all the substance of a plate of Redi-Whip, and takes about as much effort to prepare.

I think below sums up exactly why the CHB is upset. Someone has taken the story away from the Red Sox! I'm sure Mike Adams will be upset as well.

His football men successfully bounced the Red Sox-Yankees off the landscape for a couple of days

John Dennis pontificated for two hours against the Moss deal. The Big O couldn't get a word in sideways, kind of like he navigates narrow doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back