Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So I just discovered Windows Movie Maker on my computer and am just learning how to use it. I finally learned how to integrate a movie with music and am working on making a Patriots highlight YouTube video. I need your guys' opinion on music to use with the video I made. I'm going to make one to a rock background and one to a rap background and I've narrowed each genre down to two appropriate songs. Please share your insight if you would like.

Rock:
1. YouTube - Rage Against The Machine - No Shelter

2. YouTube - Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter (WITH LYRICS)

Rap:
1. YouTube - T.I. - I'm Back

2. YouTube - Young Jeezy - Put On - (The Recession)

Language is NSFW.

Also, if anybody knows where I can download Patriots highlight videos to my hard drive (can't do it on YouTube, NFL, and Patriots.com), that would be much appreciated. It would save my some work.

Also, if anybody knows where I can download Patriots highlight videos to my hard drive (can't do it on YouTube, NFL, and Patriots.com), that would be much appreciated. It would save my some work.

Free Video Converter - Any Video Converter Free Version - convert video to any formats, avi to MPEG, avi to MP4, flv to MPG

it will download ~most~ youtube vids, and convert them to whatever format you want. You can use it to extract the audio, video, or both.

I have used it and its good. Also, if you're a firefox user, check out a plugin called keep tube.

Depending on how you feel about copyright protection, there are also tools to rip the video feeds from pats.com. (I actually have a few on my HD).

O yeh, that T.I. song goes hard...make a 2010 Patriots Offense/Defense highlight with that song!!!!!!!!

LoL, I can imagine Moss on the sidelines getting hyped off of this song:singing:!!!!

2010 WE'RE BAAAACCCKKK!!!!

If you think Windows Movie Maker is sweet try playing with these sometime
but if you looking for a site better than youtube and by better I mean it allows you to upload videos longer than 10 minutes check out Vimeo.

Good choices for the music so far I love RATM and seen Filter live...I grew up listening to that song. I never heard that T.I. song however that Jeezy song is pretty good his new **** sucks though. I could think of a million different songs but I'll have to get back with you.

Last edited:
Kontra -

If you happen to obtain a copy of something like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut (depending on your OS), you'll find its a lot more powerful and faster than Windows Media Maker. But a) you can still probably make do without it b) I don't want to necessarily condone illegal obtaining of a program, and I certainly don't think the program is worth shelling out several hundred $$ unless you'd want it for professional use.

As for music, put me in the rap column. I'm biased as someone who likes hip-hop and can't stand rock music for the most part, but I think it generally makes for a better highlight reel anyway due to the beats. On a side note, if you're really into beats and working on music, you could download a trial of VirtualDJ and play around with that. Just download a few instrumentals and acapellas online and you can make your own mix.

As for downloading Patriots highlights - again, I'm not trying to condone things that may be circumventing the law....BUT - there is a site called ripzor.com which rips youtube videos. You can search for Pats videos on youtube, get the highest quality ones you can find.

Also, for anything you find on the NFL site - one trick is just to let the entire video download in Internet Explorer, find your cache, find the FLV (look for the files with the biggest size), rename it to .FLV, and move it out of the cache. Ironically, this is the only time I'd advocate using IE over Firefox or another browser.

From there, you'd want to convert these videos into something editable (unless Windows Media Maker has something built in, which would surprise me). There's a free program, I think its called VirtualDub, that I've used in the past that might do the trick.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggstions. I'll go ahead and take a look at the other video editing software.

U Don't Know Me by TI is very appropriate and catchy. "U be hatin' but u don't know me"
Big Things Poppin' , too.

Last edited:
I'm biased as someone who likes hip-hop :eek: and can't stand rock music for the most part.

A true sign of the Apocalypse. Country's goin' ta Hell, I tell ya!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back