PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need More Proof That The Sox Globe Campaigns Against The Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I guess there are always two ways to look at a situation, no?

On the very same day, in the very same paper:

Negative about something that has yet to occur:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...n-gets-ugly/md3rQyaPe2jebJIIKXRQTP/story.html
When iconic QBs depart, it often gets ugly
History could offer roadmap to how Tom Brady’s exit from Patriots may go
"....It likely won’t come this year. And it may not happen next year or the year after. But whenever it occurs, Patriots fans should take note now: These things rarely end on a positive note....."

Sunshine positive about a fall that is already in stream:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...rade-market/KBQHis0Fk04TVWXxvMqRcK/story.html
Red Sox have plenty to offer on trade market
"....No matter what happens this season, the future is bright. The Red Sox have payroll and roster flexibility and a number of high-end prospects in the upper levels of the minor leagues. They are in an enviable position compared to other teams......"

Agenda "journalism" is the new normal. Thankfully the Interwebs have broken the stranglehold of disinformation, editorial agenda and spiking of stories that do not fit the narrative.

The QB story in the Globe was a good one with the depth of examples and comparisons. I have no problem with sidling up to the bar and having a chat with Father Time on the Brady situation.

I didn't find the story negative, just unfounded in respect to some bad ending to Tom Brady's tenure. The headline was misleading, but the examples were fairly written, and not all of them ended in a bad situation.

The Montana-Young scene was completely logical, and maybe locally there were issues, nationally it seemed that Montana was an injured veteran who missed substantial time and was surpassed by a player at a time when the 49ers could still get something in return for Montana.

Jim Kelly had reached the end of the line when he retired as had Troy Aikman who ended his last season with a serious concussion, and who had major back and neck problems that made another season life-threatening.

The fortunate thing for the Patriots is that Brady hasn't had any debilitating injuries since the '08 ACL injury. He's clear-headed and not slowed by issues like those faced by Montana, Kelly and Aikman (or Manning when his missed his season with the Colts because of the neck surgery.

Brady's nearing the end of the line, to be sure. But it's pre-mature to think that this will end poorly.

The QB story in the Globe was a good one with the depth of examples and comparisons. I have no problem with sidling up to the bar and having a chat with Father Time on the Brady situation.

I didn't find the story negative, just unfounded in respect to some bad ending to Tom Brady's tenure. The headline was misleading, but the examples were fairly written, and not all of them ended in a bad situation.

The Montana-Young scene was completely logical, and maybe locally there were issues, nationally it seemed that Montana was an injured veteran who missed substantial time and was surpassed by a player at a time when the 49ers could still get something in return for Montana.

Jim Kelly had reached the end of the line when he retired as had Troy Aikman who ended his last season with a serious concussion, and who had major back and neck problems that made another season life-threatening.

The fortunate thing for the Patriots is that Brady hasn't had any debilitating injuries since the '08 ACL injury. He's clear-headed and not slowed by issues like those faced by Montana, Kelly and Aikman (or Manning when his missed his season with the Colts because of the neck surgery.

Brady's nearing the end of the line, to be sure. But it's pre-mature to think that this will end poorly.

No offense, but the point you fail to grasp is the the SAME DAY contradictions between an ANTICIPATORY story of possible impending failure and a positive spin/sunshine story of an ALREADY OCCURRED failure.

We don't know whether Garropolo or Mallet will or will not keep the Patriots as contenders in the future (and how far out that future is). We DO know that the Sox have laid an egg this year and are consistently portrayed in the Globe as "in an enviable position" (after the Globe earlier telling it's readers that 'letting Ellsbury go will strengthen the club long-term' and that 'signing JD Drew's even less fiery brother was a 'great move for this season's contention').

All this coming after Eric Wilbur wrote a piece on their website practically implicating Bob Kraft in a cover up of Aaron Hernandez' danger to the public and Shank Shaughnessy's continued campaign against "Amos Alonzo Kraft".

It cannot be more obvious.

No offense, but the point you fail to grasp is the the SAME DAY contradictions between an ANTICIPATORY story of possible impending failure and a positive spin/sunshine story of an ALREADY OCCURRED failure.

We don't know whether Garropolo or Mallet will or will not keep the Patriots as contenders in the future (and how far out that future is). We DO know that the Sox have laid an egg this year and are consistently portrayed in the Globe as "in an enviable position" (after the Globe earlier telling it's readers that 'letting Ellsbury go will strengthen the club long-term' and that 'signing JD Drew's even less fiery brother was a 'great move for this season's contention').

All this coming after Eric Wilbur wrote a piece on their website practically implicating Bob Kraft in a cover up of Aaron Hernandez' danger to the public and Shank Shaughnessy's continued campaign against "Amos Alonzo Kraft".

It cannot be more obvious.

The Boston Globe is not that important to the fortunes of the Patriots, frankly. Belichick and the Krafts run that operation and could care less what the Globe reporters write. You're as well informed as anybody around here, and I wonder how much news do you get from the Globe about the Patriots? Ben Volin and Shalize Manza Young are good reporters, but rarely do I read anything they write that I didn't see here or elsewhere.

The Globe, to me, (and I subscribe to the paper version on Sundays, and on-line) is a nice perspective, but definitely not my source of news about the Patriots. Shoot, they quote Miguel for their cap information. Patsfans.com is more important to the Globe that the Globe is to us.

Anyway, the Globe has to sell papers, and the best way to do that is to inflame the #1 fan base in New England. And, cover juicy stories like the probation trial.

On the Red Sox, the Globe didn't pull any punches in its coverage of the Jared Remy murder arrest and hearings. And, so what if the Red Sox suck this season after the brilliant work they did in 2013? That team gets a huge pass from me. They're reigning world champions and taking that opportunity to build a team for the long term.

Fret not about the Boston Globe, Patriots fans.

The Boston Globe is not that important to the fortunes of the Patriots, frankly. Belichick and the Krafts run that operation and could care less what the Globe reporters write. You're as well informed as anybody around here, and I wonder how much news do you get from the Globe about the Patriots? Ben Volin and Shalize Manza Young are good reporters, but rarely do I read anything they write that I didn't see here or elsewhere.

The Globe, to me, (and I subscribe to the paper version on Sundays, and on-line) is a nice perspective, but definitely not my source of news about the Patriots. Shoot, they quote Miguel for their cap information. Patsfans.com is more important to the Globe that the Globe is to us.

Anyway, the Globe has to sell papers, and the best way to do that is to inflame the #1 fan base in New England. And, cover juicy stories like the probation trial.

On the Red Sox, the Globe didn't pull any punches in its coverage of the Jared Remy murder arrest and hearings. And, so what if the Red Sox suck this season after the brilliant work they did in 2013? That team gets a huge pass from me. They're reigning world champions and taking that opportunity to build a team for the long term.

Fret not about the Boston Globe, Patriots fans.

No one is fretting about the newspaper that last year was sold for less money than their real estate is worth.

I think, however, it is worse to stay silent in the face of their campaign. They still are read by hundreds of thousands and should be called out on their ********.

Neither story is inappropriate to this season for the respective teams. Nothing wrong with the timing, either.

Neither story is inappropriate to this season for the respective teams. Nothing wrong with the timing, either.

I disagree with your opinion (although you believe it is a fact, it is an opinion).

I disagree with your opinion (although you believe it is a fact, it is an opinion).

The Patriots have a QB that's 37. They drafted a QB in round 2. A discussion of Post-Brady makes perfect sense.

The Red Sox have been struggling, and are already almost out of the playoff race. A discussion of what that could mean as far as a sell off helping the team makes perfect sense.

What you try to call opinion is fact in today's sports news world. You don't like it because it kills your argument, but that doesn't make your terrible O.P. any better.

The one thing I can't stand about the media this Red Sox season is how in denial they are about how badly this team sucks. Most of them are arguing that it is stupid for the Red Sox to be sellers this year because they are only 5.5 games out of the Wild Card. Some even suggest offering up some hot prospects to fill short term needs to make a run for the playoffs.

The thing is Tampa is the only team in the American League that is more than 5.5 games out of the Wild Card. So if the Red Sox are stupid to sell off parts before the trade deadline and would be smarter to trade for immediate impact players, who exactly are they going to trade with?

It seems like the sports writers and talking heads are scared to admit the team sucks this year and know that once training camp starts, the sports focus in this town is going to be "All Patriots, All the Time". Well, unless something happens with the Bruins or Celtics.

The Globe has a more vested interest than any other media outlet other than NESN to keep people positive about the Sox and steal thunder away from the Pats, but it seems like there is an effort all around town in the media to pretend the Sox have something to play for and pushing the Pats to the side. I am actually surprised that an article about trading away parts would actually get on the Globe website, but of course it would have a positive spin,

What to do this evening...

Read the Boston Globe
Watch baseball
Pick my teeth with my toenail clippings

Where's the damn toenail clipper?

I guess I could watch soccer.

No one is fretting about the newspaper that last year was sold for less money than their real estate is worth.
Actually, that's kind of exactly what you're doing in this thread you started and are actively participating in especially with all YOUR BOLDED WORDS AND CAPITAL LETTERS.

Don't let it bother you so much. Their opinion is no more valid than any other anonymous internet person. Probably read by fewer people too.

Actually, that's kind of exactly what you're doing in this thread you started and are actively participating in especially with all YOUR BOLDED WORDS AND CAPITAL LETTERS.

Don't let it bother you so much. Their opinion is no more valid than any other anonymous internet person. Probably read by fewer people too.

Not fretting. Commenting on. It's America. The Globe can be criticized. ANYTIME. :D

The Patriots have a QB that's 37. They drafted a QB in round 2. A discussion of Post-Brady makes perfect sense.

The Red Sox have been struggling, and are already almost out of the playoff race. A discussion of what that could mean as far as a sell off helping the team makes perfect sense.

What you try to call opinion is fact in today's sports news world. You don't like it because it kills your argument, but that doesn't make your terrible O.P. any better.

Yes, the Red Sox are in an "enviable position". :D

Thankfully the Interwebs have broken the stranglehold of disinformation, editorial agenda and spiking of stories that do not fit the narrative.

While the internet certainly has the ability to do this, I would not be so sure that it has just yet.

Agenda "journalism" is the new normal. Thankfully the Interwebs have broken the stranglehold of disinformation, editorial agenda and spiking of stories that do not fit the narrative.
You're kidding. The Internet has only made things worse. Pre-Internet, journalism had a fair degree of integrity.

The Red Sox are in an enviable position. Their minor league teams are stacked with a bunch of cost-controlled kids ready to make the jump (De La Rosa pitched 7 innings of 1-hit baseball tonight). Heck, they've got 5 starting pitchers between Boston and Pawtucket who have big-league talent, and their best prospect (Owens) isn't even in Pawtucket yet. The kid looks like a #1 starter waiting to happen. The only team in baseball looking better long-term than the Sox might be the Cardinals, who have a tremendous farm system. Baseball futures are all about the farm.

That article was basically asking the Sox to dump half their team this year...something that might well happen and probably should.

And honestly, the Patriots' article seemed fair and offered praise to the team for looknig down the road with Mallett and Garopollo.

I don't know - seems like a little bit of overreaction and hatred of the Globe here. You sure this is even about sports?

The Red Sox are in an enviable position. Their minor league teams are stacked with a bunch of cost-controlled kids ready to make the jump (De La Rosa pitched 7 innings of 1-hit baseball tonight). Heck, they've got 5 starting pitchers between Boston and Pawtucket who have big-league talent, and their best prospect (Owens) isn't even in Pawtucket yet. The kid looks like a #1 starter waiting to happen. The only team in baseball looking better long-term than the Sox might be the Cardinals, who have a tremendous farm system. Baseball futures are all about the farm.

That article was basically asking the Sox to dump half their team this year...something that might well happen and probably should.

And honestly, the Patriots' article seemed fair and offered praise to the team for looknig down the road with Mallett and Garopollo.

I don't know - seems like a little bit of overreaction and hatred of the Globe here. You sure this is even about sports?

In response to your last question, anyone who has been lived in New England t least 20 years knows the Globe's treatment of Bob Kraft is about WAY more than just sports.

In response to your analysis of the great potential of the Red Sox farmhands, potential plus 5 bucks still won't buy you a stadium beer......just ask the Houston Texans or Tampa Bay Rays.

The only team in baseball looking better long-term than the Sox might be the Cardinals, who have a tremendous farm system. Baseball futures are all about the farm.

The Sox have absolutely Nobody in the system with big-league power potential. That is inexcusable.
And unfortunately for them, they cannot field a team of 25 pitchers. If they could, then their future would indeed be bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back