Welcome to PatsFans.com

Need help in verifying my pats playoff ticket's authenticity

Discussion in 'New Member's Area' started by arun338, Jan 9, 2011.

1. arun338

arun338 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hi, after 4 years of dreaming about watching a pats playoff game, I have finally bought the tickets from stubhub. The tickets have Tom Brady pic in them, but there is no time or date. It just says TBD. Is this normal. It simply says playoff game 1.

I PAID $400 for these tickets (a huge amount for me) and worried whether I have the right tickets....any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arun

2. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm almost positive that is normal. I recall when playoff tickets went out to season ticket holders it was well before the NFL had announced the dates and times for the wild card and divisional round games. Since that was the case the only they didn't know the time and date at that point, so they just put TBD.

I know for a fact I have seen that done with NHL playoff tickets that I have had; it will just say "Game 1", "Game 2", etcetera on the ticket as they are printed and sold before the time and date is determined.

Since they come from StubHub I would not be concerned about the tickets not being authentic. Enjoy the game!

3. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They're legit. The tickets were printed a couple months ago.

4. sp00ln

sp00ln Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am looking to attend my first Pats game at home ever this Sunday vs the Jets, and I'm about to buy a pair of tickets from someone on craigslist. I've never seen Pats' tickets before, nevertheless playoff tickets. I was hoping someone here could provide some insight on what authentic tickets should look like, perhaps seals, holograms, or even pictures. Thanks!

5. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +518 / 0 / -3

Patriots fans victimized by ticket scam - Projo Pats Blog
    Pats fans scammed with fake tickets on Craigslist - FoxNews.com
    Pats fans scammed with fake tickets on Craigslist - BostonHerald.com

6. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Craigslist is a no no for tickets :nono:

7. sp00ln

sp00ln Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here is my correspondence. Let me know what you guys think:

8. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +518 / 0 / -3

That's going to have to be your decision. As outlined above, more than one person has been burnt purchasing tickets off Craigslist. I haven't looked to see what tickets are going for elsewhere, but if a ticket agency/broker such as StubHub had similar tickets available for a similar price, then to me it would be a no-brainer; I'd go with the ticket agency.

The one thing you do have in your favor is that the person selling the tickets is using an email from his internet service provider (xxx@comcast.net) as opposed to an email from a generic source (xxx@yahoo.com) that would be nearly impossible to trace. In other words if it was a scam he would have probably set up an @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etcetera email address and then done his correspondence from a public computer.