Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nearly 50% Americans,Obama supporters,DON'T PAY FEDERAL INCOME TAX <--VERY HOT TOPIC

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Tax Units With Zero or Negative Tax Liability, 2009-2019

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/1001289_who_pays.pdf <----REPORT
    46.9% TO BE EXACT as of 07/09.

The Income Tax System is Broken - CBS News?

Does it sound like Democrat FREEBIES on OBAMACARE? Yes?

We also know WHO Obama supporters ARE by looking at the data. They VOTED for Obama because they want 'FREE' stuffs.

It's the truth, isn't it???
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Re: Nearly 50% Americans,Obama supporters,DON'T PAY FEDERAL INCOME TAX <--VERY HOT TO

Well, I don't know, I mean plenty of high-income people voted for Obama, so its not like all of his support comes from those paying no tax.

I would also point out that there really isn't any tax plan out there that shifts more of the tax burden onto the lower wage earners, as that would just result in further pushing them into poverty. Even plans like the flat tax and fair tax have provisions exempting earners below a certain income level.

What I think we need to avoid is the current (bipartisan) strategy of overspending and either driving up deficits or increasing tax rates on what I think is an already overtaxed society. I think the government at some point needs to recognize that there are certain things that it simply cannot do well and look to shift resources away from those programs. More of a concern to me than the fact that many in the country pay no federal income tax are things like government spending as a % of GDP, the deficit, and poor positioning in the global economy.
  3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Re: Nearly 50% Americans,Obama supporters,DON'T PAY FEDERAL INCOME TAX <--VERY HOT TO

Ugh, no. Look at those stats again. Total number of units ( in thousands) 71.0. There are more than 71,000 tax payers in this country.. I have no idea what it was measuring but it wasn't the nation as a whole..........
  4. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

71 was the number with no federal tax liability in 2009, if I'm not mistaken, roughly half of all taxpayers.
  5. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

and ...... ummmm ..... patters will tell you the rich have to pay more
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Pretty idiotic post and comments, as Obama has not revised the tax code all that much.. we just finished a cycle that would probably be best described as Bush's... the fiscal year ended prior to his inaugaration.. so keep looking and googlin Obama bad, you will find something..
  7. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/1001289_who_pays.pdf

I forgot to add it in my first post. It's the latest REPORT on who don't pay income tax. The numbers are in. Check out the report. Here is the excerpt of this report.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.