PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Neal to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad for Neal. Hope he has one more year in him. Fantastic guard!

I see a second round pick going for a Center/Guard now. Maybe even a first!

Godspeed, Stephan!

Godspeed, Stephan!

Unless there is a highly touted Junior center/guard who declares, I can't see them using a 1st round pick on one. And I'm doubtful that their early 2nd round pick would be used on one. In fact, Unless there is someone they don't want to pass up, I figure that pick get's traded for a later second plus a 5th and 6th round pick..

My thinking for the upcoming draft would be as follows along with examples:

1a - DE nick fairley...a guy on the level of seymour who would instantly make the ROLB a better player
1b - OLB aldon smith if he comes out
2a - C/OG Stefen wisniewski
2b - OT Danny Watkins
3a - RB Kendall hunter
3b - DE Jj watt

That sucks. It probably means that his career is likely over as well.

Godspeed, Stephan!

IMO - he is done. He thought about retiring this year. Now, he's hurt and out. He'll most likely retire.

Yes, I think the draft now is 50:50 picks, defense & offense.

With Mankins jolting and Neal probably done and Light in last year, need to restock.

Patriots may even use BOTH their #1-picks for Offsensive line.

Remember, keeping Brady intact is highest-priority....

1a - DE nick fairley...a guy on the level of seymour who would instantly make the ROLB a better player
2b - OT Danny Watkins
3a - RB Kendall hunter
3b - DE Jj watt

I would soil myself with this draft! Doncha love having two picks in the first 3 rounds? Life is good!

2b - OT Danny Watkins
3a - RB Kendall hunter
3b - DE Jj watt

Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
Steady blocker with solid physical tools and top-notch intangibles.

Marcus Cannon OG T.C.U.
Massive road grader who could project to either tackle or guard.

2b - OT Danny Watkins
3a - RB Kendall hunter
3b - DE Jj watt
Fairley, Smith, and Watt will probably be gone by the time the New England Patriots will make their first selection.

Nice player and story, but it's time to move on. Neal and his under 10 games a year is simply no longer dependable. I hope we draft a young G in April. We cannot lose Mankins, absolutely cannot.

Thanks to Neal for an awesome effort the last several years.

If he hadn't been hurt during the last Super Bowl.....

I really think losing him was the fatal difference.

Nice player and story, but it's time to move on. Neal and his under 10 games a year is simply no longer dependable.

10 games from a starter is the difference between a Hochstein/Connolly class of player playing well or breaking down.

Fairley, Smith, and Watt will probably be gone by the time the New England Patriots will make their first selection.

Well, then......the pats can draft Marcel Darius or Adrian clay born or Daquan bower ...... Or will 17 players be taken off the board when the pats pick around 12th?

Somebody (Da Bruinz? Whizza?) had a comment a while ago that I thought was great because it summed up the Pats' draft strategy in so few words. I wish I could remember it exactly, but as I recall the idea was that a combination of focusing on the best player available and also team needs would give you your best value.

If you focus only on team needs then you reach for a player; not good.

If you focus only on BPA then you end up with someone that won't help.

But if you combine the two draft strategies then you end up with a player like Devin McCourty or Jerod Mayo.

Tough loss which leaves us thin on the line. I was hoping he could heal up in time for the playoffs

another loss...this year is terrible...

good luck for the future Stephen !

good that Connolly is playing ok and that Logan returned

I wish Stephen Neal all the best he has been very good for us. But with the way Dan Connolly is playing it shouldn't be much of a dropoff. Like Neal, Dan Connolly have the athleticism to get to the second level...he can also pull with the best of them. Give it up to Dante Scar for developing Dan Connolly. Another thing am i the only who think RT S. Vollmer is having a Pro Bowl season? He has given up some pressures like every other Lineman but he has not yielded many Sacks unlike Matt Light.

I hope he stays for one more year.

Another thing am i the only who think RT S. Vollmer is having a Pro Bowl season?

Re-Focused: Week 12, Patriots at Lions | ProFootballFocus.com

Not for the first time this season, we’re a little disappointed with the play of Sebastian Vollmer (-3.4). He had his struggles with Cliff Avril and Ndamukong Suh in giving up four quarterback pressures but was also comfortably the worst Patriots lineman when it came to run blocking. Last year we couldn’t help but heap praise on Vollmer, but he’s played like a different guy in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back