PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE is a different team with Weis and Crennel

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can argue those points....but KC did win, isn't that the point?

KC's not NE, and Cassel is not Brady. With that said though I would much rather have Rac and Weis here than there.

I would take RAC back all day long ...

Not so sure about Weiss ... he's good but not great IMO.
We didn't win with offense when he was here ... but he was good enough to earn his rings.

I would take RAC back all day long ...

Not so sure about Weiss ... he's good but not great IMO.
We didn't win with offense when he was here ... but he was good enough to earn his rings.

The main thing with Rac and Weis is that BB trusted them and their judgement. He could focus on being the HC instead of trying to do so many things.

32 NFL message boards and after every loss you know who gets blamed? The coordinators, because fans don't have any connection with them and they are easy scapegoats.

That's false. (16 teams win each week, and not all fans are critical of ALL coordinators, it's called a hasty generalization.) Could some coordinators be criticized because they actually *call* the plays that suck?

Oh, and there are far more than 32 message boards, too. ;)

Last edited:
:rofl: ... players wins games Triumph ... what school you went.

Sorry, but I think you're off the mark here.

"Players win games Trumph":

I agree with you to an extent--the lack of playmakers on our D, (you know, guys who do things like Jason Taylor did today) was painfully obvious, but I hope you're not trying to say that coordinators have little or nothing to do with how their players perform during the game.

Last edited:
The main thing with Rac and Weis is that BB trusted them and their judgement. He could focus on being the HC instead of trying to do so many things.

He didnt have Weis and Rac in 07, I think hes delegating more than we think even though no one has the DC or OC designation.

Last edited:
if they would just stop trying to force the ball to moss all the freakin time they would be fine. i remember when the open man got the ball period.

One can already see the influence in KC, which is a surprising 2-0.

Last week the KC defense made a HUGE goal line stand to win that game, not to mention had a few huge interceptions in timely moments.

The offense through 2 weeks has done just enough to win, with timely plays in key moments.

Both of these sound a lot like Crennel defenses and Weiss offenses.

The way these guys play call, their units take on a certain personality and style that is identifiable. Play calling is definitely a skill, and it makes a difference.

Oh, let me guess, you are the original poster. Sorry, what an incredible thread. I'm sure by the end of the season KC will be 13-3 and NE will be 5-11.

It's not like it's been over five years since either one actually coached this team.

I aint sayin KC will be 13 and whatever.

Schemes win games. Management. The right kind pulling the string's.

Yeah, I mean, whatever facts you want to bring up but.... the winning coordinators for this team have been Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel.

16-0 is nice but a fourth Super Bowl would have been nicer.

if they would just stop trying to force the ball to moss all the freakin time they would be fine. i remember when the open man got the ball period.

I noticed that as well Capt.

I live in KC and they and they are happy as a pig in ***** to be 2 - 0.

I live near Houston and my friends aren't singing praises to the Texans DC right now simply because they're 2-0. They've been shredded through the air in two games now. In fact, one of my buddies kept complaining that the Texans weren't running Foster to the left enough, which had been working every time.

Are they happy to be undefeated? Of course. They aren't pretending that the defense doesn't need to stiffen up and that the offense will always put up 30 or more points.

As far as Weis and Crennel making the team better, I don't know.

Last week the KC defense made a HUGE goal line stand to win that game, not to mention had a few huge interceptions in timely moments.

The offense through 2 weeks has done just enough to win, with timely plays in key moments.

The way these guys play call, their units take on a certain personality and style that is identifiable. Play calling is definitely a skill, and it makes a difference.

Look, you can live in your fantasy world, but I feel the need to point out some things to you. First, KC's offense did not score a touchdown today against CLEVELAND. Second, KC gained 197 yards against SD and only scored off of punt returns and turnovers. Please illuminate us as to the genius play calling that produced these incredible results.

I live in KC and they and they are happy as a pig in ***** to be 2 - 0.

Go read Chiefsplanet. You'll get yourself an education. That team is 2-0 for the first time since 2005, and in sole possession of first place in the division, yet the Weis bashing has begun and the Cassel bashing has been nonstop for about 18 months.

i would like to point out that this highly touted goal line stand everyone is referring to happened primarily b/c rivers was missing wide open recievers in the end zone and/or b/c his targets kept slipping.....

Go read Chiefsplanet. You'll get yourself an education. That team is 2-0 for the first time since 2005, and in sole possession of first place in the division, yet the Weis bashing has begun and the Cassel bashing has been nonstop for about 18 months.

Dude,youre wrong. Yes, they are dissapointed with Cassel but they know the defense has saved their bacon since pre season.

Watch some KC games like I have?

All Im saying is that it takes great qualified people to operate any successful operation.

One guy cant do it.

Dude,youre wrong. Yes, they are dissapointed with Cassel but they know the defense has saved their bacon since pre season.

Watch some KC games like I have?

I've watched both Chiefs games this season, plus a lot of the preseason games as well. I also didn't say a word about Crennel and the defense. However, regarding Weis:

I was all about giving Cassel a chance to prove himself this season, but...

My patience is nearly gone. And Weis's playcalling is awful. And our receivers are slow and can't get open. Just an awesome trifecta.

Damn he pisses me off. I am bashing the **** out of him and then he plays a decent half.

I am pretty much done with Cassel but Weis had a lot to do with the 1st half ******ation.

Wies and Cassel suck! Cassel looked better when Haley was calling the offense, but that's not saying much. It's time for Weis to push for Brodie or he's going to be out of job soon.

This!

Very disappointed in Weis... 2 games in and the offensive play calling is pathetic.

I hope Haley gets him pointed in the right direction soon.

Weis like Cassel has been very disappointing to this point.

also *** is wrong with Weis. His play calling looked like some *** you would see in a DIII college.. Actually that is discrediting all the DIII schools..

Chiefs ***Todays Official Matt Cassel Thread*** - ChiefsPlanet

That's from just 2 pages of one thread.

Totally man! Weis and Crennel are known for never losing division games on the road! In fact they have never lost a single game while together!

If RAC & Weis were here last year, we would've lost 3 fewer road games, and 1 fewer game this year.

So the chiefs offense is doing just enough and the defense is coming up with key plays at the key times.....sound familiar?

Its true and its not doom and gloom.

In todays NFL it takes more than 1 guy to brain storm.KC will be 3 - 0 after next week large in part because of two ex NE Coordinators.

Suffer from tunnel vision do we?

these are the same 2 coaches who both failed in their last job.

Hint ... it's all about the horses you get to race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back