PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE Gives Meriweather Second Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Seymour's was an isolated incident which took place between two guys who were BOTH playing dirty with each other.

Besides, Seymour "Stepped" on Glenn. A far cry from joining in on a gang "stomping".

Merriweather is a "? that I prefer someone else gamble on.

um who says Glenn was dirty to Seymour? Seymour only said he made a mistake, got caught in the heat of the moment. typical excuse

Meriweather said he was going to break it up but made a wrong decision and attacked back.

Seymour isolated is worse than joining up when the other team intentially attacked your team first. u can actually make a case that Meriweather was defending his team while SEymour just acted improperly.

sorry but if Seymour is stilll on the team, if Seymour is still a leader and if Dillon was allowed on the team..theres no way Meriweather cant be.

um who says Glenn was dirty to Seymour? Seymour only said he made a mistake, got caught in the heat of the moment. typical excuse

Meriweather said he was going to break it up but made a wrong decision and attacked back.

Seymour isolated is worse than joining up when the other team intentially attacked your team first. u can actually make a case that Meriweather was defending his team while SEymour just acted improperly.

sorry but if Seymour is stilll on the team, if Seymour is still a leader and if Dillon was allowed on the team..theres no way Meriweather cant be.

Symour said that it was a reaction to a Glenn driving into his kness continuously.

Joing in with a group who is STOMPING on a guy while he is on the ground.. is "Defending his teamates"?? "Going to break it up???"...lol- yeah, and OJ cut his hand on a broken glass.

Dude... you CANT be serious right now. Are you joking? Did you even see the video?

Im just curious... what is it that makes you over-look these obvious character concerns?? Especially since we dont have to.

Symour said that it was a reaction to a Glenn driving into his kness continuously.

Joing in with a group who is STOMPING on a guy while he is on the ground.. is "Defending his teamates"?? "Going to break it up???"...lol- yeah, and OJ cut his hand on a broken glass.

Dude... you CANT be serious right now. Are you joking? Did you even see the video?

Im just curious... what is it that makes you over-look these obvious character concerns?? Especially since we dont have to.

when did seymour say that? find me a link and i'll find you links to Meriweather's excuses

i was just telling u what he said. i didnt say he was going to break it up..he said himself he was about to pull people away but made wrong decision and aplogized. thats wht he said.

what character issues? U DONT STOMP ON ANYONE REGARDLESS. Seymour stomped on Glenn for X reason..so can Haynesworth say Gurode went for his knees? Can Marcus Vick say that Dumeveil did somethign to him first?

Who cares what excuse..a stomp is a stomp. Regardless what happened. Its illegal and dirty. So Semyour did it, Meriweather did it. no differencei n their stomping. how does 1 incident make u have character issues? Vrable has issues for mocking a lot as does Colvin? Does Harrison has character issues because hes a "dirty player" proclaimed by NFL players? Did Dillon has character issues with us even after he whined and was a cancer in Cinci?

if stomping incident was as bad as u make it seem, then BB wouldnt bring Meriweather along scouting. He wouldnt send DB coach to meet with Meriweather. BB knows what he did..hes giving him a chance and getting to know the real him

what other issues does he have? The gun issue is a no problem. Hes allowed to carry a gun in FL and wa allowed to fire back. NCAA and police did NOTHING so its not an issue. A guy rolled by..shot Willie cooper, ditched and Meriweather fired back.

i've seen the video over and over..i saw the actual game. i see every Meriweather game. do u watch college football? do u know **** about Meriweather besides he stomped on a guy?

stop defending Seymour..if u have an issue with a stomper then go and have an issue with Seymour because u cant defend Seymour and act like Meriweather is full of ****. If u think Seymour is inncodent, so is Meriweather.

Last edited:
Is there anyone left (besides the combatants) who gives a crap any more?

Stop talking.....

A guy rolled by..shot Willie cooper, ditched and Meriweather fired back.

That’s all I need to hear... I'll PASS.

Comparing an isolated incident on a football field like Seymour's (which was wrong on his part, and I don’t condone), to rushing up to a pile and joining your teammates while they gang stomp a guy that is laying on his back, IS DIFFERENT.

I’m answering your questions, so now answer mine...

WHY would you want to take a chance on a guy with these kind of red flags, when there are other guys in the draft (just as talented), with MUCH better character recommendations?

BTW- if you want the link to Seymour talking about the Glenn situation, dig it up yourself. Im not your intern. I assure you, the story is out there.

Stop talking.....

Who the hell are you, to tell me to stop talking? You stop talking. :cool:

IF MERIWEATHER HAD RED FLAGS WHY THE **** WOULD BELICHICK BE LOOKING AT HIM 2TIMES IN A MATTER OF 2-3 WEEKS?

would BB waste his time? why waste 1 of the the 30 visits for a guy who wont be a Patriot or has NO chance? Because maybe theres a chance BB is intriqued by him and odesnt see the red flags as bad as u do.

its not a matter if I WOULD take a chance..its BB. Im a huge Meriweather fan..BB has set up meetings/workouts twice with Meriweather. If BB already stated he wouldnt be interested maybe i would shut up but do u realize PATRIOTS brought Meriweather through TWICE. Thats 2x as much as a lot of "good character guys"..tells you something dont it?

just shut up..all u do is repeat **** and act ignorant when a few of us try to get you realize 1 simple thing. im done here..you fail to see Meriweather and seymour both acted improperly, you fail to see BB brought Meriweather through visits/interviews TWICE and oyu fail to see that **** happens and that past is behind him now

Last edited:
IF MERIWEATHER HAD RED FLAGS WHY THE **** WOULD BELICHICK BE LOOKING AT HIM 2TIMES IN A MATTER OF 2-3 WEEKS?

uh.. because there ARE RED FLAGS!! :confused: Besides... BB is not looking at him twice. BB and Scot Pioloi looked at him once.

would BB waste his time? why waste 1 of the the 30 visits for a guy who wont be a Patriot or has NO chance? Because maybe theres a chance BB is intriqued by him and odesnt see the red flags as bad as u do.

He is not wasting "HIS" time. The DB's coach is flying down to Florida to look at him.

its not a matter if I WOULD take a chance..

That's not my question. My question is WHY would you want to use a first round pick on a guy with so many ??'s when there are other players of similar talent, WITHOUT the character issues.

BB has set up meetings/workouts twice with Meriweather. If BB already stated he wouldnt be interested maybe i would shut up but do u realize PATRIOTS brought Meriweather through TWICE. Thats 2x as much as a lot of "good character guys"..tells you something dont it?

First of all, the majority of what you're saying here is wrong. They didn't "bring him through twice". They didnt even bring him through once. BB and pioli worked him out once. DB coach Joel Collier will be flying down to work him out. I suspect that he will do this with some of the other players before the draft as well.

you fail to see Meriweather and seymour both acted improperly, you fail to see BB brought Meriweather through visits/interviews TWICE and oyu fail to see that **** happens and that past is behind him now

I do?? Since when? Where did I say that Seymour did not act improperly. Actually, I said the exact opposite. I said I dont condone it. It was wrong. But it was also "different". Not "OK"... just different.

BTW: You're telling me to "Shut Up", ranting, "swearing", and then calling ME "ignorant"?? :confused: You have to love the irony in that. lol-

Last edited:
That’s all I need to hear... I'll PASS.

Comparing an isolated incident on a football field like Seymour's (which was wrong on his part, and I don’t condone), to rushing up to a pile and joining your teammates while they gang stomp a guy that is laying on his back, IS DIFFERENT.

I’m answering your questions, so now answer mine...

WHY would you want to take a chance on a guy with these kind of red flags, when there are other guys in the draft (just as talented), with MUCH better character recommendations?

BTW- if you want the link to Seymour talking about the Glenn situation, dig it up yourself. Im not your intern. I assure you, the story is out there.

Who the hell are you, to tell me to stop talking? You stop talking. :cool:

I told you to stop because you are exxagerating. There are like 12 people telling you this fact. Not just me. You act like one of those holy pats charector people. Who take it to the max. News flash, Corey Dillon did not have the best attitude when he came here. Aside from an 18 year old kid making a mistake and getting into a fight on the football field you have no basis for your wild accusations. In this country you are permitted to carry a registered gun. You are also permited to defend yourself with it if someone is trying to harm you. If the police and da found NO criminal act with that situation you have no ground to speak about it. Accoring to the USA gun law's he was defending himself and did nothing criminal. You have a problem with people being able to protect themselves with registered guns if there lives are in Danger. Not Meriweather. You dont know more then Belichick and if he worked him out a second time ob he does not feel the same way you do.

Last edited:
uh.. because there ARE RED FLAGS!! :confused: Besides... BB is not looking at him twice. BB and Scot Pioloi looked at him once.

He is not wasting "HIS" time. The DB's coach is flying down to Florida to look at him.

That's not my question. My question is WHY would you want to use a first round pick on a guy with so many ??'s when there are other players of similar talent, WITHOUT the character issues.

First of all, the majority of what you're saying here is wrong. They didn't "bring him through twice". They didnt even bring him through once. BB and pioli worked him out once. DB coach Joel Collier will be flying down to work him out. I suspect that he will do this with some of the other players before the draft as well.

I do?? Since when? Where did I say that Seymour did not act improperly. Actually, I said the exact opposite. I said I dont condone it. It was wrong. But it was also "different". Not "OK"... just different.

BTW: You're telling me to "Shut Up", ranting, "swearing", and then calling ME "ignorant"?? :confused: You have to love the irony in that. lol-

1. Red flags to you maybe..possibly the organization but they are willing to check him out so that means hes not out of the question

2. Sending anyone from organization counts..Beioli are the ones who sent Collier to Florida to meet with Meriweather. You dont expect BB to go to every prospect and see them. When they come to Foxboro, thats when BB talks and watches.

3. Why waste a first on a guy with so many questions? He has 1 questio and thats how he responds to the incident. It seems hes recovered well and put it behind him. What questions does he have as a player? Top cover safety, fast, big hitter, leader, plays run well. Only question is bulk but a lot of college prospects need to bulk up

4. If what Seymour did was wrong in your mind, then why arent u starting a "cut/trade Seymour" thread? do you want stompers on your team? Was it a 1 time issue? If so, then whos to say Meriweather's incident was a 1 time issue?

im not the 1 whos calling the shots..i didnt meet Meriweather..i didnt send anyone to talk to him and interview, work him out. so if he has so many question marks..why is Belichick/Pioli putting time into getting to him better just like they did with many previous draft choices?

Last edited:
In this country you are permitted to carry a registered gun. You are also permited to defend yourself with it if someone is trying to harm you. If the police and da found NO criminal act with that situation you have no ground to speak about it.

In this country (and on these forums) I also have the right to voice my opinion on it. My opinion is... I think the situation sounds MORE than a little bit shady. That is MY opinion.

You dont know more then Belichick and if he worked him out a second time ob he does not feel the same way you do.

But I suppose you do? lmao...

LISTEN... one of you guys step up and put your $$ where your mouth is. I got $20.00 that says the Pats don’t draft him. I am guaranteeing it right now.

If he is off the board before them, then the bet is void. But if he is there when they select (either @ 24 or 28), they are not taking him.

Anyone care to man up? (Instead of swearing at me, calling me names, and telling me to "shut up"; like a bunch of children.)

Last edited:
In this country (and on these forums) I also have the right to voice my opinion on it. My opinion is... I think the situation sounds MORE than a little bit shady. That is MY opinion.

But I suppose you do? lmao...

LISTEN... one of you guys step up and put your $$ where your mouth is. I got $20.00 that says the Pats don’t draft him. I am guaranteeing it right now.

If he is off the board before them, then the bet is void. But if he is there when they select (either @ 24 or 28), they are not taking him.

Anyone care to man up? (Instead of swearing at me, calling me names, and telling me to "shut up"; like a bunch of children.)

i dont..but thats why im here. BB gave him 2 looks. all im saying is he has a good chance to be a Patriot if thinks go well and your bascially saying his situation is too bad for us to pick him

as for the bet..thats the stupidest way..you have a better chance of winning. how do u that we might look at someone we like more in a bigger need..or if someone falls that we like.

we wanted Jackson last year at 21 but we took Maroney..we still got Jackson and it worked out by getting 2 guys we really wanted. this year, Meriweather could be our 2nd option, 3rd, 4th or might be off our board if coaches dont feel he fits. its much easier for you to get 20 bucks by this bet..nice try

as for the bet..thats the stupidest way..you have a better chance of winning. how do u that we might look at someone we like more in a bigger need..or if someone falls that we like.

we wanted Jackson last year at 21 but we took Maroney..we still got Jackson and it worked out by getting 2 guys we really wanted. this year, Meriweather could be our 2nd option, 3rd, 4th or might be off our board if coaches dont feel he fits. its much easier for you to get 20 bucks by this bet..nice try

I'll do you one better. The bet is- If they take a Saftey in Round one, It wont be Meriweather.

And forget the Money... We can do an Avatar bet. If I win, I get to pick out an Avatar for you to use until opening Kick-off. If you win... you pick mine.

Deal? :)

Last edited:
I'll do you one better. The bet is- If they take a Saftey in Round one, It wont be Meriweather.

And forget the Money... We can do an Avatar bet. If I win, I get to pick out an Avatar for you to use until opening Kick-off. If you win... you pick mine.

Deal? :)

well what if we trade up for Landry? Or Nelson falls and Mr. Meyers has a few good words to say?

well what if we trade up for Landry? Or Nelson falls and Mr. Meyers has a few good words to say?

Neither Nelson nor Landry are realistic. We can’t trade up for Landry (even if we gave up both first rounders, we wouldn’t be high enough to get him), and Nelson is not going to fall to 24.

But (if by some miracle Nelson does fall), then the bet is void also.

Deal?

Neither Nelson nor Landry are realistic. We can’t trade up for Landry (even if we gave up both first rounders, we wouldn’t be high enough to get him), and Nelson is not going to fall to 24.

Deal?

sure. although i have no avatar to make u look stupid but the bet:

IF Patriots choose a SAFETY in round 1. It will be Meriweather. Most likely over Weddle, Rouse, Griffin.

the bet is VOIDED if Patriots trade up, if Patriots trade down, or if Patriots DO NOT select a SAFETY in ROUND 1

sure. although i have no avatar to make u look stupid

Im sure you can manage to find one.

The bet is:

IF Patriots choose a SAFETY in round 1. It will NOT be Meriweather.

The bet is VOIDED if Patriots trade up for Nelson, if Nelson falls to them, OR if they DO NOT select a SAFETY in ROUND 1.

Can meriweather play SS the same style rodney does?

No. they have a different style. Meriweather relies more on his athletic ability, and Rodney relies more on being physical, and using his brain. He can diagnose plays pretty quickly, and fly’s right towards the action. Dont get me wrong... Rodney was pretty athletic in his day, but not like Meriweather.

Mike Griffin’s style is a lot more like Harrison’s.

Last edited:

Deal?

It's not unrealistic Nelson falls to 24. the only real obsticles are the Panthers, and the Jags. He's not a top ten pick. I could see the Panthers going another direction, and while I don't think the Jags will (I think he'll be a Jag) I could also see them drafting another position. I don't know why he's all of a sudden become this slam dunk top 12-17 pick in some peoples eyes. Nelson is one demensional, can be somewhat raw, and some question his intellect, so I could see him going late first. A lot of the actual draft "experts" have him going late first, and it seems it is mostly just the internet types, and fans who have him as this top 12-17 lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes