PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ndukwe - 'Brady Ate Dirt'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ian's Daily Blog - As pointed out by ProFootballTalk.com, Bengals Safety Chinedum Ndukwe was Tweeting an hour or so after the game, and said that “We got a win….brady ate dirt…and estaban.. aka sugar..aka…sweetness…aka..ochocinco,kicked a perfect field goal, gotta love it”.Nothing like a little trash talking after a meaningless preseason game to add a little drama. Brady finished [...]

It's the Bengals, trash talking is what they do.

On the other hand, I really don't have a problem with what he said. If you want to shut jerks like him up - play better against them. The O-Line was pretty poor last night in protecting the QB's. If they block better nobody will get a chance to run their mouths.

He's a piece of trash. There I did my trash talking. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't begrudge the elation, it was after all the 2nd of 4 preseason games (the most meaningful 1 being next week). Cincy were hungrier and played better than the Pats. The 0 points from offense last week may have been a larger factor than I realized. And how can you not like OC85's contributions?

It doesnt matter whether it was the 1st, 2nds or 3rds out there, the tackling was poor. And even if OC and Henry played well into the 3rd you have to show some spirit and motivation. There were a few who showed their metal though, Butler was obvious but I also thought Law Firm (BJGE) and Slater showed determination and aggression despite their ball handling mistakes.

Biggest disappointments were Crable (what speed and cover skills?), Wheatley (regressed) and Chung (not a returner from what he showed last night). I note from Reiss that BB was not happy; so the Ndukwe comment is justified bragging rights.

Last edited:
I wouldn't begrudge the elation, it was after all the 2nd of 4 preseason games (the most meaningful 1 being next week). Cincy were hungrier and played better than the Pats. The 0 points from offense last week may have been a larger factor than I realized. And how can you not like OC85's contributions?

It doesnt matter whether it was the 1st, 2nds or 3rds out there, the tackling was poor. And even if OC and Henry played well into the 3rd you have to show some spirit and motivation. There were a few who showed their metal though, Butler was obvious but I also thought Law Firm (BJGE) and Slater showed determination and aggression despite their ball handling mistakes.

Biggest disappointments were Crable (what speed and cover skills?), Wheatley (regressed) and Chung (not a returner from what he showed last night). I note from Reiss that BB was not happy; so the Ndukwe comment is justified bragging rights.

I agree with everything you said. As for whatever his name's bragging rights...who's cares? It's preseason. Was that the Super Bowl last night? Let's see where his GREAT team is at the end of the season.

What I care about is that the ENTIRE team, with the exception of a few played awful. They took a step back, IMO. I hope BB works them to death this week. Bad Tackling, bad drops, bad fundamentals, and the OL PISSED ME OFF ALL NIGHT. Laurence Maroney? I don't know what to think about him anymore. WE haven't had a great back since Corey Dillon. I am really starting to miss him.

Last edited:
LOL. Their battle cry is “It’s not what you do in December and January but what you do in August that counts.” :singing:

what a sorry excuse for a team. Gloating about a pre-season game. I feel bad for OCHO (BTW he was awesome yesterday with tht PAT/Kick off :) )

I seem to remember some similar talk after they spanked us in the 07 pre season (44-0 I think). How did that season go for them? And for us? Pre-season means n-o-t-h-i-n-g. If you don't believe me, just ask last year's exhibition champion the 4-0 Lions

It seems when Brady went out they were ahead. That is all that matters. Half the people the Pats had out there won't even make the team. I turned if of.

Boring!!!!

Well, hopefully the O-line gets a whiff of it....and does something about it

Gotta disagree with you that next week's game is the most important. With all the cuts coming after the 4th game now, game 4 takes on more meaning.

As for Crable, he was never touted to have coverage skills. He was touted to be a pass rusher.

As for Ndukwe, its friggin idiotic to be gloating about a pre-season game in which only some of the Pats starters played just one quarter

Ian's Daily Blog - As pointed out by ProFootballTalk.com, Bengals Safety Chinedum Ndukwe was Tweeting an hour or so after the game, and said that “We got a win….brady ate dirt…and estaban.. aka sugar..aka…sweetness…aka..ochocinco,kicked a perfect field goal, gotta love it”.Nothing like a little trash talking after a meaningless preseason game to add a little drama. Brady finished [...]

He is just saying the same thing that every defensive player in the NFL is thinking. Pound the QB, especially a guy who just came back from an injury.

I used to admire him after he emerged from a "meaningless" 7th-rounder in '07 to a legit starter at SS.

But after reading the venomous glee dripping from his tweet, I now realize that he has become just another trash-talking, future felon from Marvin Lewis' thugstore, led by the golden-toothed soccer-lover himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey