Welcome to PatsFans.com

NCFL National Clone Football Team

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by GoWesleyan, May 27, 2006.

1. GoWesleyan

GoWesleyan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's the premise: You get one player for all positions on your team with the following exception: Every team has Tom Brady at QB, a kicker, and a punter.

So, for example, would a team with Terrell Owens at every spot beat a team with Richard Seymour at every spot?

Which NFL player would you use and why?

---

I'd put Brady in a shotgun and go with a team of quick dudes like Steve Smith. Can you think of team that will beat mine, regularly?

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  2. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

a team of any of bigger speedier TE ( Ben Watson, Gates, Gonzales) just because they could block for Brady and catch the passes

3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Daniel Graham or Mike Vrabel.

Because I'm a Pats' addict.

Both are multi-dimensional players who can block, tackle, rush the passer, catch the ball, play Special Teams, and Graham has proven he can make YAC. Vrable is more versatile and adjusts faster to new positions, Graham is a slower learner, but one of the better blockers you could have at any position, and he has developed into as well-rounded a player as you could want.

A.C.V. makes a good point with his TEs, but I don't see Gonzalez or Gates to be as well-rounded as Grahambo or Vrabel. Watson is still too green, but in another couple years he would be an excellent choice.

4. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'd probably go with a team full of Brian Urlachers, as he has a great combination of strength and speed. I have no idea what he'd be like on offence, though. I think that you would want to pick someone is has as close as possible to 4.4 speed and 250 size. They would have to be able to play D as well.

5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Since you can't specialize, I'd have to go with smarts over physical talents. Football's too specific talent wise. Sey and Steve Smith are good examples, both are the best at what they do but would be laughed at if their roles were reversed. I'll pick whoever scored best on the Wonderlich 4 years ago. I wouldn't want my team to be too old or too inexperienced.

6. GoWesleyan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think anyone would laugh at an offense full of Richard Seymours... It would be a mauling, mashing running team 4 yards and cloud of dust ... Graham and Vrabel are great thoughts, but I think a team of Seymours would win. They would overpower all of the offensive matchups and score every time... It's on D where it would struggle, If they couldn't get to Brady quickly and Brady could get passes off, it might be just as easy for the opponent to score... but it would only take a few stops because that O against a team of smaller players would dominate and could dominate the clock. No?

Re: Sdaniels: Smarts are great, but I wouldn't look at that alone, i.e. get the person with the highest wonderlic, neither Bill Gates nor Steven Hawking would be good choices... Ben Watson might not be a bad choice though... his wonderlic was plenty high and he's about as close as there is to 250 and 4.4.

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Jeesh man, you're gonna make me play with the guy in the wheelchair? :D When I said the Wonderlich I implied that it would be limited to the draft class of 2002. I figure a smart Steve Smith will find a way to tackle Richard Seymore, all he's gotta do is get ahold of one leg and the big guy's coming down. Just the same as a smart Seymore would find a way to keep the speedy Smith from getting behind him every time. Its not like Basketball where you just pick 5 Jordan's and pick up a chamionship. Smarts is the only way to overcome the giant mismatches which would have to exist in this game.

8. GoWesleyan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

True, all Steve Smith has to do is get Seymours leg and he can probably bring him down. What I'm saying though is that the SteveSmiths aren't going to be able to get to the Seymour running the ball. The oline is all Richard Seymours, the d line is all Steve Smith, The lead blocking fullback is Richard Seymour and the running back is Richard Seymour with a head of steam. I don't think that smarts are going to cut it.

9. drpatriot

drpatriot Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Kyle Turley.

No, I'm serious. He's played offensive line, tried defensive line and is now playing tight end. He can play anywhere! :rocker:

Okay, I'm kidding. :D I'd take Antonio Gates and have an offensive juggernaut. The defense's success would partially depend on whether the other team was full of Keith Traylors or not.