PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC's King AND Florio to Goodell: Postpone All Framegate Penalties to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe "tallywhacker" has been used for the very first time here at Patsfans...outstanding job, Ivan.;)

Heard this on 98.5 earlier today. I am hoping the delay in the Goodell's announcement is the result of negotiating a compromise with Brady. Brady is all in, zero game suspension or court. The worst possible result would be Goodell drops to two games and Brady goes to court. Meanwhile, each and every game of the season Belichick tells the officials he is suspicious of the opponent's ball pressure. Belichick has no direct evidence but hell neither did the Colts.
And slowly but surely, agonizingly slow in a drip, drip fashion, week after week the numbers come back. Low and behold science backs up the Patriots' claims all along. Goodell is proven to be an idiot, running around like Barney Fife looking for a non-existent crime.
And, Bob Kraft? He is shown to be a putz, who didn't believe his quarterback but believed a convicted murderer. Mr. Kraft you are a schmuck!

this!

Won't happen. Looks who's in charge....

This doesn't really make any sense to me. What good does collecting more data do when all the data they've collected so far should be considered scientifically invalid? We've got no starting point, a supposed documentation error on the Colts' balls at halftime, and incredibly inconsistent sample sizes. Collecting new data doesn't help when you have no valid old data to compare it to.

That said, I guess it'd be better than applying all the penalties immediately.

PR cover.

If the league's message boils down to "This was a surprisingly difficult scientific issue, and it turns out our initial understanding was wrong", they could get off light in the court of public opinion, because the public's initial understanding was just as wrong.

Heck, *I* worried last fall when I saw a "low tire pressure" warning on the first cold day, and I was once a physics major.

As to how admitting scientific ignorance on an unrelated issue would affect PR around concussion damage -- I suspect it would, to a small extent, do more good than harm. "Science is hard; who could have known?" could be an expedient stance right now for the league.

Yea, lets just drag out an overdone, overblown, biggest non issue "breaking of the rules in history". Jeez, really? Please tell me this whole thing is just a stupid dream I'm having. This can't be real life.

Roger Goodell has ****ed this up since the first day. What leads anyone to believe this moron will suddenly see the light? He's too invested in the suspension to change now.

Is that you Bobby? (sounds like my brother...)

Boston Channel 7 used the banner, "Deflate-wait" to report todays Brady news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back