Welcome to PatsFans.com

NBC Sports has us taking Dorsey in their Mock

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by carolinatony, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinatony

carolinatony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would rather take Rivers at this pick.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

If his health checks out, I could see Belichick taking him as "too good to pass up". How he'd get him in the lineup, though, I'm not sure.
  3. MrClutch

MrClutch Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Glenn Dorsey's name just has that ring to it, I just get that feeling that he's going to be a future all-star, whether we take him or not.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Dorsey reminds me alot of Tommie Harris from Chicago, if Gholstons gone next player id take would be Dorsey if we cant trade down.
  5. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +253 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

The mock's writer appeared to have forgotten about Ty Warren. Oops.
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Warren's only signed for 6 more years so he probably figures Dorsey can replace him when the time comes :)
  7. BRiZ

BRiZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Cromartie in that scenario.

Chris Long
    Jake Long
    Darren McFadden
    Dominique Cromartie
    Vernon Gholston

otherwise trade down.
  8. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +131 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

I've got a feeling we may end up with him and to me that's not a bad thing. The guy has dominated at the college level. He can come in and possibly be one of those players that collapses the pocket while stopping the run.

I see Seymour playing 2 or 3 more seasons and possibly being cut. I like Seymour but I get this vibe that he's grown a little too comfortable on this team now that he has the big contract. He needs some competition imo and the depth never hurts. Especially with a guy like Dorsey who's potential is off the charts. You just can't pass up a guy who as late as a month or 2 ago was the overwhelming #1 pick in draft.
  9. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Stupid. Who did they have doing this mock... that dumbass Olbermann?!
  10. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, he better be cut after this season. If I'm drafting as high as #7, I'm expecting that pick to become a full-time starter by year two -- at the latest. For this kind of $$$, he gets one year to learn and the second year to produce. This ain't no round two WR who earns his keep returning a few kicks. That #7 slot is reserved for an impact player -- sooner rather than later. But then again, you know what they say about expectations...;)

Oh BTW, IMHO Dorsey's better suited as a 4-3 DT than as a 3-4 DE. And I remember saying the same about Seymour way back when...;)
  11. RussFrancis

RussFrancis Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dorsey is going to be a great player somewhere for some team. Its just not going to be in New England. I think he could play end in a 3-4 or tackle in the 4-3, so I think he'd find a role at end with NE. But you just cant sign a guy to this much money and then try to figure out who's going to NOT be playing. And he's NOT a nose tackle, so that just wouldnt work with him. But I find it impossible to expect that if Glenn Dorsey falls ALL THE WAY to 7, that some team in the teens or 20s wouldnt want to trade up to STEAL HIM in that slot.

If Atlanta passes up on Glenn Dorsey, with Jake and Chris Long already off the board, then they are friggin' nuts. NUTS. Considering that the guy measuring talent and making picks in Atlanta is a former New England man, I have little doubt the Falcons will draft Dorsey. Besides, Atlanta has had THREE top-10 QB draftees on their team in the past year. Vick, 1st overall. Harrington, 3rd overall. And Leftwich, 7th overall. Noone should know better than ANYONE in Atlanta how unnecessary a top10 QB is to a team.
  12. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +330 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

So, you advocate sitting Dorsey on the bench for 2-3 more seasons except for spot instances? That doesn't sound to bright to me. Especially when you are talking about 18 million in guaranteed money going to the guy.

Also, Dorsey has never benn the "overwhelming" #1 pick. No player in this draft has.
  13. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There are areas in which we really do not need to spend a #7 pick. One is defensive tackle/nose tackle/3-4 end. Warren, Wilfork or Sey to be replaced by Glenn Dorsey? No, no and no again.
  14. NePatriots

NePatriots PatsFans.com Draftnik PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Think of this though...

Warren and Seymour at DE, Wilfork and Dorsey at DT. Thomas and Vrabel at OLB, Bruschi/Seau/??? at MLB. That is a pretty good front seven... and we could switch to our 3-4 on passing downs and sub out dorsey/wilfork for Jarvis and a 4th LB.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.