PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC promoting next week's contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Anyone saw that today ?They showed a montage of previous pats/chargers game and LT crying about class and ended with "no love,no brady and no mercy"
Well shows who the networks are rooting for..:rolleyes:

Anyone saw that today ?They showed a montage of previous pats/chargers game and LT crying about class and ended with "no love,no brady and no mercy"

No mercy.....well guess we will find that out in a week!

:rolleyes:

No mercy.........I don't think the Pats will show any mercy to the Chargers at all. Run it up Bill!

No way, NBC is promoting a game on their station. How could they?

Poor NBC. No Brady and the Chargers suck. They probably wish they could flex this game.

Pfft, LT had what, 20 something yards yesterday? Chargers are by far the biggest crybabies in the league.

Should be:

"No Brady, No Matter, Patriots Win"

Suck my ass NBC. :beatingcoming:

Can't say I blame them. The Pats attract audiences, mostly people pulling against them. NBC is just catering to the majority of the audience.

San Diego just isn't very good this year. LT looks alot like Maroney. he seems afraid of contact, and just bounces to the line and goes down. Their defense is really hurting as well. Still, I'm sure they will come after Cassell early and often on Sunday.

OT, but how about miami. They are 1 hail mary pass by favre from being 3-1 on the year. Not bad at all.

OT, but how about miami. They are 1 hail mary pass by favre from being 3-1 on the year. Not bad at all.

It should make Pats fans feel less upset about Week 3. Wait and see on Miami though - classic early-season team, plays well in the heat, but when the temps go down....

Oh and the Wildcat will be figured out by Week 12 (I hope).

San Diego just isn't very good this year. LT looks alot like Maroney. he seems afraid of contact, and just bounces to the line and goes down. Their defense is really hurting as well. Still, I'm sure they will come after Cassell early and often on Sunday.

Sounds like LT's toe injury is more serious that he's letting on, and that's causing his struggles. I know he wants to help the team, but he should think about taking a few weeks off to heal the injury and let Sproles be the guy.

By not having a running game, that forces Rivers to throw to mediocre receivers and a great, but also battling injury, TE in Gates.

Terry

Sounds like they're doing their job by playing up the grudge angle, which is the natural choice -- I can't imagine a tag line of "No Brady, No Merriman and No Ratings" would have been brought the crowds in. :)

Last edited:
Can't say I blame them. The Pats attract audiences, mostly people pulling against them. NBC is just catering to the majority of the audience.

This is the correct answer.

Some of you all take this stuff too personally.

This is the correct answer.

Some of you all take this stuff too personally.

ESPN is basically the same way - but it hurts their credibility when they do crap like that every week. NBC is just promoting one game.

I think they're simply promoting the game:confused2: After all there've been some classic NE/SD moments in the past,and LT's always been a major player in those moments lol. There's not much love lost between those 2 teams.

Sounds like they're doing their job by playing up the grudge angle, which is the natural choice -- I can't imagine a tag line of "No Brady, No Merriman and No Ratings" would have been brought the crowds in. :)

:rofl: :rofl:

I saw that ad, it was awesome. You have to promote the revenge angle, cuz the Pats eats Bolts for breakfast. They'll do it again next week.

Poor NBC. No Brady and the Chargers suck. They probably wish they could flex this game.

Really? What game next week is likely to generate more viewership? I don't really see any marquee games on the schedule, I'd say they're still glad they have this one.

Certainly this game won't be as hyped as it looked like it would be before the season, when these were the two consensus best teams in the AFC, but I'd still expect it to be a ratings winner. I'll be watching.

darn...i just like it so much better when nobody is paying attention to us. like last week...nobody outside of New England and the Bay Area gave any attention to the game. just imagine the circus if it had been TB's first game in the House that Joe Built (kind of) with Steve Young day thrown in to boot.

i just want our guys to fly under the national radar screen for as long as possible as Matt gets up to speed and the team adapts to life without Brady.

maybe we can give back the rest of the national games....let some other team that's been out of the spotlight for years have them.

i want it to be the middle of december before the mediots figure out, "Hey, the Pats are pretty good. Maybe we should be thinking of them as a Playoff threat again."

Last edited:
Really? What game next week is likely to generate more viewership? I don't really see any marquee games on the schedule, I'd say they're still glad they have this one.

Certainly this game won't be as hyped as it looked like it would be before the season, when these were the two consensus best teams in the AFC, but I'd still expect it to be a ratings winner. I'll be watching.

Easy friend. I was pointing out that it isn't what they had last year (Chargers want revenge for fluke playoff win, Spygate just happened, Brady and Moss game two).

You're right, none of the other games are very appealing, too.

And I, obviously, will be watching as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes