PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC: Pats bringing in Chris Simms for a physical tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NBC:pats bringing in chris simms for a physical tonite

Simms is a lefty, correct? Hope that doesn't mindf*ck the receiving corps. It does require adjustments.

The only way Simms ever starts a game is if Cassel gets hurt.

in any event, chris simms should be signed regardless of the prognosis on brady. he should have been our backup in the first place. going through last year with cassel was bad enough.

chris simms had a decent 2005 season - 61% completion percentage and 81 QB rating with 11 tds. that was on the Bucs. he could be even better with the pats. i really think he could give us a decent shot at winning the division.

Why should Chris Simms, who has never played in the Patriots system, be the back-up over Matt Cassel? So what he had a good season 3 years ago. Who cares. This is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

okay guys. reality check here.

brady's done for the season. this much smoke, there is fire.

Not necessarily. I wouldn't be surprised at all if almost everyone is relying off the same one or two sources. Remember the rumors that started about both Terry Bradshaw and Tedy Bruschi both having died?

and i think chris simms is a great fit. i think he's the starter after the bye week. he had a great season with the bucs a few years back (before getting injured), he's accurate, and seems like a smart kid. i think he can lead the team to an 11 or 12 win season.

Not to be facetious, but what convinces you that Simms can do that, seeing as he's never been in this system, and would require--as others have noted--an adjustment by the receivers?

Reiss mentions it in his last post that Simms is coming in tomorrow.

If the Patriots really preferred Simms to Cassel, wouldn't they have called Simms before a QB spot opened up?

Simms is a solid signing at this point. But if anybody is going to unseat Cassel, O'Connell is the likelier candidate. Cassel did fine in a tough situation today, he looked like a perfectly serviceable backup. But we're no longer in the position of looking for a backup, we're looking for something more. O'Connell, I think, has the best chance of being something more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back