PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC : Maroney may DNP even if healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, considering that Maroney missed practice Wednesday, was limited on Thursday and Friday, and is listed as questionable on the injury report; I don't know how they nailed it. If Maroney practiced all week and was not on the injury report, then they would have nailed it. He isn't a healthy scratch.

This is football. Healthy enough for the bulk of carries in preseason game 4, and healthy enough to practice last week, means healthy enough for regular season game one.

BB plays an injured player in the most meaningless preseason game (4) and then practices him again last week, but he's too injured to play? Sorry, not buying it.

NBC's Rotoworld nailed it. Great scoop.

If healthy.... he's on the official NFL injury list as questionable, limited participation in practice.

The NFL Injury Report

Even Rototimes, which is the same as NBC too (upper left, apparently anything with roto in the name...) says no one expected him to play week one. apparently, unlike Rotoworld, they follow the injury lists.

ROTO.jpg

small text

Our View: Edelman tested his foot out on the field on early Sunday morning, but obviously couldn't get it warm enough to go. Maroney, meanwhile, is dealing with a mysterious thigh injury and was never expected to play in Week 1. Fred Taylor will likely start in his absence.

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/news.php?tqid=8540&type=news&nid=78530

Last edited:
wait, there are actually still Maroney apologists left on here?

Oh boy.

maroney defenders unite!

Well, the defenders actually use facts and logic so it would be logical that they would be more organized than the bashers who ignore simple facts and logic.

If Maroney practices all week and isn't on the injury report and still doesn't get activated, I will happy to conceed that he is flaming out.

These are the same guys that said AD was a great player. BB was just using him wrong ! LOL.

seriously, those who defend him are those who must think think a Pats player can do no wrong. Gulping that kool-aid.

Well, the defenders actually use facts and logic so it would be logical that they would be more organized than the bashers who ignore simple facts and logic.

If Maroney practices all week and isn't on the injury report and still doesn't get activated, I will happy to conceed that he is flaming out.

I'll give you some facts.

Maroney is inactive. He is not playing. He is not helping the team.

These are the same guys that said AD was a great player. BB was just using him wrong ! LOL.

I am defending Maroney right now and I have never defended Thomas saying Belichick used him wrong. In fact, I was one of the people who correctly predicted that Thomas wouldn't be on an NFL roster today.

Laurence Maroney missing his 20th regular season game (31%) in 4 years.

I'll give you some facts.

Maroney is inactive. He is not playing. He is not helping the team.

Two more facts: 1. he was healthy enough to play in preseason game 4.
2. He was healthy enough to practice last week.

Two more facts: 1. he was healthy enough to play in preseason game 4.
2. He was healthy enough to practice last week.

What does that mean? So there is no chance he couldn't have aggravated his injury in the last preseason game?

Laurence Maroney missing his 20th regular season game (31%) in 4 years.

That's pathetic.

Let's put down our epic war down, it's almost GAME TIME! To the game day thread. Dadadada

What does that mean? So there is no chance he couldn't have aggravated his injury in the last preseason game?

Then why did he practice last week as well?

Maroney has played the same number of games as Morris since they've been on the team.

Last edited:

Just for the record, Maroney's kick pass TD to Mankins in the 2007 AFCCG was a designed trick play, right?

Then why did he practice last week as well?

You mean before the last preseason game? Is he psychic? If you are talking this past week, why did Edelman practice this past week just as much as Maroney? Please don't let your ignorance of how NFL teams work with players returning to practice a week or two before they are healthy enough to play as proof he was a healthy scratch.

Again, if Maroney was a healthy scratch, why was he held out on Monday and Wednesday, only participated in limited fashion Thursday and Friday, and he appeared on the injury report as questionable? Because Belichick is a softy and he wanted to protect Maroney's ego?

Get in touch reality and get back to me.

It means he can't figure out what "Questionable, limited participation in practice" means.

My guess is, it means if it was a playoff and they were low on running backs, he would play. Since they have a full complement of backs, they'd rather have him heal, than re-aggravate a groin or hamstring or whatever. These things actually happen to running backs besides Maroney too, believe it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes