PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hyping tonight's game, NBC points out that it's the Bengals' playoff game; if they lose tonight, their playoff hopes are over.

The Bengals are 4-7.

They also quote ocho cinqo saying that the Cinci-Steelers rivalry is now "almost as big as" some Ohio rivalry --- I didn't catch which (Bengals-Browns?).

Yipes, what a treat for the fans tonight!

What do you expect them to say?

"Tune in tonight to watch the mighty Steelers dismantle the craptacular Bengals with their pathetic 4-7 record! This team is awful, they dont stand a chance!!!!!!"

"Tune in tonight to watch the mighty Steelers dismantle the craptacular Bengals with their pathetic 4-7 record! This team is awful, they dont stand a chance!!!!!!"

I thought that was going to be CBS ad for the Pat - Dolphins game week 16.

Well if the Bengals win, they'd only be 2 out of the Wild Card with a game still coming up against the 6th seed Browns.

Then the other 3 teams they'd be playing would be the Rams, 49ers and Dolphins.

Yes, honesty is the best policy. How about "Easy game tonight for the Steelers against one of the NFL's worst defenses. Predictable yawner --- only on NBC!" Or maybe "For once we won't make you watch Philly or the Giants --- tonight on NBC."

Last edited:
There wasn't much to choose from to be fair. CBS protected Jags-Colts and FOX protected Giants-Bears. The most attractive games they could've flexed into tonight were Seahawks @ Eagles (losing record and Philadelphia would've been on two weeks in a row), Lions @ Vikings (Lions are fading fast and both teams are really mediocre), Bucs @ Saints (Saints have losing record), Browns @ Cardinals (NBC was never going to put these two teams on).

There wasn't much to choose from to be fair. CBS protected Jags-Colts and FOX protected Giants-Bears. The most attractive games they could've flexed into tonight were Seahawks @ Eagles (losing record and Philadelphia would've been on two weeks in a row), Lions @ Vikings (Lions are fading fast and both teams are really mediocre), Bucs @ Saints (Saints have losing record), Browns @ Cardinals (NBC was never going to put these two teams on).

They should have flexed Jets-Fish, it has important consequences for the draft....

Actually Bills - Skins would have been a good flex, but I think they need to give more notice. People would have watched just for the tribute.

They should have flexed Jets-Fish, it has important consequences for the draft....

Actually Bills - Skins would have been a good flex, but I think they need to give more notice. People would have watched just for the tribute.

Both the Bills and Redskins had losing records coming into this week. Also NBC made the decision to stick with Bengals-Steelers before Sean Taylor died.

how bout

"And tonight you will see us NOT mic in on the Qb's signals, b/c its NOT brady....tonight on NBC"

Looks like Collinsworth has gotten the memo from the league office. Must defend bogus call that favored Colts! He didn't really do a good job explaining either.

Well if the Bengals win, they'd only be 2 out of the Wild Card with a game still coming up against the 6th seed Browns.

Then the other 3 teams they'd be playing would be the Rams, 49ers and Dolphins.

Interesting point. I have a feeling after all the smoke has cleared, a 9-7 team will emerge as the 6 seed. Those 3 games are basically gimmes so if they win tonight it all comes down to whether they beat Cleveland. Thanks for posting that, I wasn't aware their schedule was so weak.

By the way, your sig cracks me up everytime I see it.

:rocker:

Oh, that wacky Smith.

do you want them to downplay the game.

of course they need to market this matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes