PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC expected to announce Rodney Harrison as newest member of broadcast team wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This was posted by our good,loving columnist John Tomase but I didnt post the link to avoid pissing off patsfans members here by giving Tomase credit for visiting their website,so here goes another announcement by the Herald that this time may actually be the truth that Rodney is to finally announce his decision to retire from the game at an NBC Sports news conference tomorrow wednesday afternoon at noon welcoming Rodney to the broadcast booth.

This time I think its true,It says it is reported by a source close to NBC Sports.

It looks like its officially a goodbye tomorrow to our #37 :(

Re: NBC expected to announce Rodney Harrison as newest member of broadcast team wedne

Thats good to hear, Rodneys very knowlagable and articulate.

Re: NBC expected to announce Rodney Harrison as newest member of broadcast team wedne

Thats good to hear, Rodneys very knowlagable and articulate.

Rodney Harrison and Boomer Esiason will be my NBC favorites this year on the broadcast. - I always liked Boomer and now Rodney jumps aboard

It would be great to have some Pats in the TV booths.
I'm tired of listening to ex-Cowboys all the time.

Hopefully he smacks around the annoying media members that I don't think I need to mention.

Really glad for Rodney, in about 5 to 10 years from now he will be one of the greats in this field...

That's great news for him. He's an articulate guy with just enough of an "edge" to make him a very interesting and maybe even a very good analyst. He won't be shy about expressing his opinions and it will be good to have what will presumably be a Pats-friendly voice in the mix.

Rodney did well enough with NFL Network last fall, and with NBC during the Super Bowl to deserve an opportunity. He may not yet be the most fluid on-air ex-player, but he's off to a good start in his second career - and already vastly superior to many others that have been working on TV for a long time.

Hope he doesn't do a Ted Johnson and feel he has to trash the pats to show objectivity.

Although, Ted did leave after, i think, one season -- he didn't like saying critical things about his one-time teammates.

Good for Rodney. Will miss seeing him out on the field, but I'm sure he'll have some great insight to offer.

Congrats on the new career, Rodney. It was a pleasure watching you in a Pats uniform.

maybe he'll put a hit on Collingsworth

Perhaps the best part of this is that Dan Patrick said that Rodney was replacing Jerome Bettis , who was dropped from the show. The Pats run over the Bus one more time for old times sake! Too bad it wasn't Marshall Faulk who was dropped for Rodney!

Here's the announcement by NBC - though they didn't really have all that much to say.

**** Ebersol, Chairman of NBC Sports: “Rodney is someone we’ve had our eye on. He is a strong communicator and personality, and our initial thoughts about him were confirmed when he did a terrific job for us at the Super Bowl. We have no doubt that Rodney will be as hard-hitting with his opinions as he was with his body on the football field.

“To paraphrase one of his teammates, ‘Rodney was born for the camera.’”

He's already administered a hit to his new broadcast partner, old quiet strength...told him the panic Manning publicly displayed in his comments regarding the changing of the guard in Indy during OTA's no less is what seperates him from Brady...LOL

Looks like Rodney is not the only former hard-hitting safety that wore a Patriots uniform that will be an NFL television analyst in 2009.

John Lynch to serve as color analyst for Bucs preseason tv games

Maybe if Lynch does well enough in his audition he can replace Dungy - whom I'm guessing may end up being a bit bland as a television analyst - and work together with Rodney next year.

Selfishly, I'd rather have Rodney Harrison suiting up the Patriots again next season, but congratulations to him on his new career.

Does his addition to the NBC broadcasting crew mean people will start referring to them as "old" and "aging?" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back