PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC broadcast Brady's line calls Sunday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
During Sunday Night's game, NBC had a boom mike recording Brady's line calls, and broadcast the audio throughout the telecast. I hope the Pats make adjustments for future games, if necessary. It wouldn't be a shock to this fan if our future opponents receive wink/nudge/snicker "help" from Costas' vindictive crew. I don't want to watch a replay of last season's Dolphins' game down the road.

I did notice that we were able to hear him a lot more then usual.... But then again, I like his voice ;)

This is not an uncommon practice during national broadcasts.

Anyone else hear Brady call, "Yo Merriman, you are girly mon!"

Last edited:
During Sunday Night's game, NBC had a boom mike recording Brady's line calls, and broadcast the audio throughout the telecast. I hope the Pats make adjustments for future games, if necessary. It wouldn't be a shock to this fan if our future opponents receive wink/nudge/snicker "help" from Costas' vindictive crew. I don't want to watch a replay of last season's Dolphins' game down the road.

It's not actually a boom mic, its a parabolic mic. Those are those half-circle discs that you see guys holding on the sidelines.

Agreed. It you have surround sound, you really hear them.

Quite so, it helps bring the viewer into the action. But was the original poster claiming that they broadcast Brady's calls and not Rivers'? That would be newsworthy.

i never recall hearing a qb's calls so clearly :confused:

Quite so, it helps bring the viewer into the action. But was the original poster claiming that they broadcast Brady's calls and not Rivers'? That would be newsworthy.

I really wasn't paying attention, does Rivers make many calls at the line?

Did anyone else notice that it looked like Brady's radio was not working in the first drive? Was it? He was looking at the sidelines and pointing at both ears.

If that was the case he obviously don't need mics and cameras. Surgical.

While the line call audio was probably innocent, it does raise the point that broadcasters have the ability to influence the outcome of a game, e.g. by whether they quickly replay an incident that might be worthy of a challenge.

Did anyone else notice that it looked like Brady's radio was not working in the first drive? Was it? He was looking at the sidelines and pointing at both ears.

If that was the case he obviously don't need mics and cameras. Surgical.

everyone was cheering for Moss' first home catch

It does seem Costas in particular has disdain for the Patriot, doesn't it? I think his interview with LT made him a Chargers fan. I believe he stated on national television that he was picking the Chargers in last weeks game due to "Personal" reasons.

Question: Aren't commentators supposed to be unbiased...or at least pretend to be? I thought that was a purposeful knock on the Pats...but then again, I'm biased:cool:

Could that have been a ploy? Think about it...

On pass plays, you could clearly hear:

"Blue-32-Jammer-Throwin'-At-You; Blue-Nip-n-Tuck-Gonna-Shred-The-Chargers-Cause-They-Suck"

And on run plays, I thought I heard:

"Red-Red-Wine; Rivers-17-Quit-Your-Cryin'"

And on the TD to Moss, I absolutely heard:

"Oh-Move-Over-Rover; And-Let-Jimi-Take-Over"

I really wasn't paying attention, does Rivers make many calls at the line?

Only dogs can pick up his calls. He has a very high pitch. He was gelded as a very young child.

Brady is especially articulate and clear.:cool:

It also helps that he says "please" and "thank you" with each call.

While the line call audio was probably innocent, it does raise the point that broadcasters have the ability to influence the outcome of a game, e.g. by whether they quickly replay an incident that might be worthy of a challenge.

Innocent, Patchick?

Where is this headquarters located? Hint: The Rainbow room is not in Kansas city!:eek:

new-york-city-guide-ga-16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey