PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC (Bob Costas): Patriot's Now the Super Bowl Favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
At Halftime tonight, Costas says the AFC Super Bowl representative will have to go thru Foxboro, with New England now the clear favorite to win it all,

As long as the Pats can stay healthy, consistent, focused, and determined, there is no reason why they shouldn't win it all. They are the best team in football right now. As I said in another thread: I will be surprised if they don't at least get to the Superbowl.

Who else has a legitimate case more than the Patriots to be the favorite right now?

midgets are very very intelligent

Wow! Costas going out on a limb. Who would have thunk it, the Pats are the favorites dominating everybody with the best record.

Last edited:
Even though I'm not a huge 'power rankings' guy, if the Falcons are still ahead of us after this week I will be legitimately pissed. With all due respect, there is no way they should be after what we did to the Bears and the Jets. Then again, I thought the same thing after the Jets game (minus the Bears point)

Whilst the Patriots might be sitting atop the favorite mantle the Falcons and surging Saints are playing some good football right now.

I agree the Pats are favorites but not clear favorites perhaps marginal favorites right now.

Last edited:
Whilst the Patriots might be sitting atop the favorite mantle the Falcons and surging Saints are playing some good football right now.

I agree the Pats are favorites but not clear favorites perhaps marginal favorites right now.

I'm liking the Saints alot

The only Team i fear is the Saints because they too have a potent Offense and a Very Good QB.

..Bob Costas said......!

Image_Resize_Medium.asp

The only Team i fear is the Saints because they too have a potent Offense and a Very Good QB.

Agreed. I think the Falcons have a very, very good team, but for some reason, I still see them as something less than the Pats or Saints. A Pats-Saints SB would be both sweet and scary.

Even though I'm not a huge 'power rankings' guy, if the Falcons are still ahead of us after this week I will be legitimately pissed. With all due respect, there is no way they should be after what we did to the Bears and the Jets. Then again, I thought the same thing after the Jets game (minus the Bears point)

Completely agree. I thought the same thing last week. The Pats demolished the #6? team in the Jets and the Falcons beat the #13? team in the Bucs by 3 and yet the Falcons were #1? Made no sense to me.

This week the Falcons beat the worst team in the league in the Panthers by 21, and the Pats demolished a top 10 team in the Bears. There is no reason why the Pats shouldnt be #1 this week.

wish it was someone else than costas...i kinda hate that guy
i think pats and saints are the best teams right now

I could care less what the self proclaimed baseball historian thinks. He was lousy on the inside the nfl with that blow hard Carter and he sucks in everyting else. I wish he would of chose CNN as his full time job.

San Diego is quite worrisome.

This ain't college. Who cares what some power ranking says? There's probably a dozen power rankings from major media outlets every week. Why get pissed if one of them happens to be compiled by some guy who thinks some other team is better than New England?

Last edited:
San Diego is quite worrisome.

The Chargers are Big Game Chokers i would love to see them up here in week 2 of the playofffs.

Last edited:
I wouldn't wipe my ass with Costas' opinion. That said, we've beaten all of the big contenders in the AFC already, even blowing them out. Today, we went on the road against a tough team with a tough defense in tough conditions and blew them out too. Sloppy second half and all. The Pats should be considered the favorites right now. They've certainly earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back