PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBC Article: Tom Brady is the Best ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if I think Tom is with Peyton the best QB duo of this decade, I think it is exagerated to make him the best ever.

Too much hype.... imo...

But compliments are always better than insults... so I will take it.

Even if I think Tom is with Peyton the best QB duo of this decade, I think it is exagerated to make him the best ever.

Too much hype.... imo...

But compliments are always better than insults... so I will take it.

Yeah I agree, it's a little much. It's more fickle sensationalist media. But it's fickle sensationalist in a good way, so I'll take it.:D

Right now its a tie between Peyton and Brady as best QB like it has been for years now.

Both are HOFers and both are the best in the business by far.

When all is said and done for these two guys whoever holds most SB trophies will be in my mind be the better of the two despite stats that Manning will have over Brady.

Brady does have a 2 SB champ edge but theres no doubt Peyton has what it takes to win a few more in the next few years as well - so the debate goes on till both call it quits.

Former local sportswriter gone national remorse. Tom picked the 'Boys 21-20. He'll probably turtle again before November 4th. His mentor Peter King, who reportedly helped him land the job at MSNBC will find a way to erode his unabashed confidence in Tommy Boy and his HC the Belicheater. ;)

Right now its a tie between Peyton and Brady as best QB like it has been for years now.

When all is said and done for these two guys whoever holds most SB trophies will be in my mind be the better of the two despite stats that Manning will have over Brady.

Brady does have a 2 SB champ edge but theres no doubt Peyton has what it takes to win a few more in the next few years as well - so the debate goes on till both call it quits.

Now that BB knows what Tommy can do with elite weapons, Manning may not retain the stats edge in a lot of categories. He had a 3 year head start on Tommy and has had elite weapons for most of that time. Tommy is a couple of years younger and could be around long enough to render any gap negligible. Then it will all come down to the rings. And Brady won the first 3 of his with a smoke and mirrors offense comparatively speaking.

Now that BB knows what Tommy can do with elite weapons, Manning may not retain the stats edge in a lot of categories. He had a 3 year head start on Tommy and has had elite weapons for most of that time. Tommy is a couple of years younger and could be around long enough to render any gap negligible. Then it will all come down to the rings. And Brady won the first 3 of his with a smoke and mirrors offense comparatively speaking.

Well you could say that Manning in the early years of his career had Jim Mora as HC :eek:
While Brady has had Belichick to play for so far all career

So in reality the edges are kind of equal.

Last edited:
what's too much?

everything ;the guy said is the truth.

Brady won 3 superbowls with used car salesmen as his offensive weapons.

Last edited:
The author isn't some "guy". It's Tom Curran.

No question in my mind that Tom Brady is the best QB in the game NOW.
Tom finally has the weapons and he is blowing the doors off the record books!
Don't be surprised if he breaks Peyton's TD record this year!

This comparison is really no comparison imo, it's like comparing Russell to Chamberlain. Chamberlain was a freak and a hall of fame player but Russell was on another level, he was the key building block of a DYNASTY. That's what I see when I see Tom Brady. I see the Patriots Dynasty. Peyton Manning is a freak of an individual player, he is Chamberlain-like in that respect, but I don't see him having the ability to elevate his entire team by himself alone. Tom Brady has done much more with much less supporting talent. Manning has always had the all pro supporting cast before (edge/harrison, harrison/wayne/addai). Tom Brady finally got his weapons this season, and he is going to break records with them, he already has broken a couple to date. (highest completion percentage for first 100 passes, and 6 3 td games to start the year, as well as tying a record with 5 td passes in 1 game).

A few years from now when Brady has 6 or 7 rings on his fingers we're going to say that Tom Brady was to football what Michael Jordan was to basketball, the BEST that we've ever seen play the game.

When all is said and done for these two guys whoever holds most SB trophies will be in my mind be the better of the two despite stats that Manning will have over Brady. At the end of his career I think we will say, to quote a certain wrestler, Tom Brady is "The Best there IS, the best there WAS, and the best there ever will BE."

Last edited:
Debbie Downer:mad: :(
I wrote that because I've had it with the media. It has nothing to do with Brady,or the team. I think they'll beat Miami. But I get a chance to watch,listen,and read alot of what the sports media says,and everything is the flavor of the month,week,even day.Last year Miami was going to the SB, over the last 6-7 years the media was still kissing B Farves azz even though he hadn't done anything in tenn years. Thn they said he sucked and should retire ,now he's great again. In a month if Favre comes back down to earth the media will say see you told you he sucked etc.etc.etc

Last edited:
I wrote that because I've had it with the media. It has nothing to do with Brady,or the team. I think they'll beat Miami. But I get a chance to watch,listen,and read alot of what the sports media says,and everything is the flavor of the month,week,even day.Last year Miami was going to the SB, over the last 6-7 years the media was still kissing B Farves azz even though he hadn't done anything in tenn years. Thn they said he sucked and should retire ,now he's great again. In a month if Favre comes back down to earth the media will say see you told you he sucked etc.etc.etc

hahah I completely agree, I was just kidding. That's why I said it was more "fickle sensationalist media." I like this article but next week it'll be about Brett bid kid Favre again and the Saints being great again because they won today. My favorite example of this was the moral high ground that Shaughnessy and those other clowns claimed the Patriots had and then squandered hypocritically when they traded for Moss. So they invent this image, then claim that the team has defiled it when they trade for one of the top 3 players ever to play for them. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Well you could say that Manning in the early years of his career had Jim Mora as HC :eek:
While Brady has had Belichick to play for so far all career

So in reality the edges are kind of equal.

Except Mora didn't have an adverse impace on Manning's prolific development - in fact they are still running his offense 6 years later and only just began to tweek it last year. Remember, Dungy's offense in Tampa was ball control. If he'd had Dungy for all 9 years they'd probably both be toiling somewhere else today...

Belichick likely cost Brady over the first 6 seasons as the focus remained on defense, but Brady covered that for him by consistently accomplishing more with less on offense.

No question in my mind that Tom Brady is the best QB in the game NOW.
Tom finally has the weapons and he is blowing the doors off the record books!
Don't be surprised if he breaks Peyton's TD record this year!

This comparison is really no comparison imo, it's like comparing Russell to Chamberlain. Chamberlain was a freak and a hall of fame player but Russell was on another level, he was the key building block of a DYNASTY. That's what I see when I see Tom Brady. I see the Patriots Dynasty. Peyton Manning is a freak of an individual player, he is Chamberlain-like in that respect, but I don't see him having the ability to elevate his entire team by himself alone. Tom Brady has done much more with much less supporting talent. Manning has always had the all pro supporting cast before (edge/harrison, harrison/wayne/addai). Tom Brady finally got his weapons this season, and he is going to break records with them, he already has broken a couple to date. (highest completion percentage for first 100 passes, and 6 3 td games to start the year, as well as tying a record with 5 td passes in 1 game).

A few years from now when Brady has 6 or 7 rings on his fingers we're going to say that Tom Brady was to football what Michael Jordan was to basketball, the BEST that we've ever seen.

6 or 7 Rings in the next few years?

Do you realize that means this team has to not only win this year but be the best of the other 31 teams in 3 or 4 of the next 7 years?

Now THAT spells H-O-M-E-R - and a bit on the dreaming side I think ;)

The only way Brady gets 7 rings is if the NFL puts a halt to the cap and we spend as much as we can like such as a guy like Steinbrenner in baseball (who by the way has the best players every year and still has not won anything lately) - You must think winning the Super Bowl in this era is as easy as pie,sure we won 3 of 6 but that era is over,I will be glad to win this year and worry about the future later.

Better yet if next week P Manning throws for 440 yards,and 6 td the same writer will say Mannings better. I've seen theses guys do this for to long to take what they say seriously anymore.
I just went back and read who wrote the piece. T Curran whom I respect. I'm sure you all have heard look before you leap,well I should have looked before I wrote. I don't see Curran as a flavor of the month reporter. My Bad.

Last edited:
6 or 7 Rings in the next few years?

Do you realize that means this team has to not only win this year but be the best of the other 31 teams in 3 or 4 of the next 7 years?

Now THAT spells H-O-M-E-R - and a bit on the dreaming side I think ;)

The only way Brady gets 7 rings is if the NFL puts a halt to the cap and we spend as much as we can like such as a guy like Steinbrenner in baseball (who by the way has the best players every year and still has not won anything lately) - You must think winning the Super Bowl in this era is as easy as pie,sure we won 3 of 6 but that era is over,I will be glad to win this year and worry about the future later.

Disagree. If we win this year and keep the team intact we need 2 more rings. We've been defying the cap for the past 7 years so why could Pioli/BB/Kraft keep it up. It might be a little greedy, but to say it's impossible is a bit much. Look how many years Brady still has ahead of him. Montana et. al. couldn't say that after his 3rd.

I've only been watching football since 92 and I have to say that Brady is the best QB i've ever seen read a defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down