Welcome to PatsFans.com

NBC airs vulgar, despicable racist advertisement

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NBC has no plausible deniability here. If it was live, well ok that's one thing. But the whole event took place hours before it was brought to air.

This is how NBC wrapped up their coverage of Gabby Douglas' gold medal victory in gymnastics. It's pretty obvious how the liberals at NBC view young African-American females. :mad: :mad: :mad:

"There are some African American girls out there who tonight are saying to themselves: 'Hey, I’d like to try that too.'" - Bob Costas

Which led immediately into......

[​IMG]

Gabby Douglas: NBC forced to apologise after ad features a monkey doing gymnastics right AFTER victory | Mail Online

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,113 / 3 / -10

I grew up in a Black/White neighborhood, every Black person I knew at one time or another always used to say "that they never trusted a do-gooder or a person who they knew was pandering to them" I am still in touch with three of them, we were little kids together, one of them just passed away, he was AMERICA'S FIRST BLACK SECRET SERVICE AGENT, he grew up on Sidney & Allston streets in Cambridge Mass.

NBC IS CHOCK FULL OF PHONY'S when Katie Couric was with them she told a story of how she cried when she learned that there were people in her family that "Owned Slaves" Black People all across America rolled their eyes.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +893 / 7 / -3

Someone should have picked up on that. Of course, in today's uber PC, everything is an insult, wussified society, stupid mistakes instantly become scandalous.

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,029 / 15 / -8

It was all over CNN yesterday.

Clearly a mistake.

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,113 / 3 / -10

Couldn't of happened to a finer bunch of people.

(NBC ONE OF THE MOST BIASED PARTISIAN LEFT WING NETWORKS IN THE WORLD) they must of done some hair pulling over that one, can you just imagine the liberal uproar if Fox had made that "mistake"

6. 1960Pats

1960Pats 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +401 / 33 / -33

#75 Jersey

This time there won't be any demands for heads to roll or people to be fired. And if there were it would get washed away quickly and those responsible would be back in no time.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,113 / 3 / -10

I always thought that Racism only existed in America's South and among Right Wing Republicans, this one is on the other side of the Ocean--:confused:

News from The Associated Press

8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I hope that it was purely a stupid mistake by NBC and not something untoward to a young woman who makes our entire nation proud, like all of the Olympic champions..... (even the ones whose mothers say that they only have time for "one night stands" not girlfriends...)

9. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +450 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

I personally don't see how that was racist. Monkeys exist in this world, so do black people. If black people came from monkeys then so did white people. People need to stop trying to squeeze racism out of every situation.

I did read one post after the article that made me chuckle:
    "why wasn't anyone offended when they had a Ritz Cracker Commercial after Michael Phelps won his Gold medal?" Haha, good point.

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Yes ... they ran the dog swimming last night ... a light colored lab I think ...
    The swimmers were white so hopefully they were not offended. Seriously ... it didn't look good but I am sure it was a mistake.

Racism in this case will be if Gabby does not receive the endorsements that a USA white gymnast would have received if they won the gold medal. So we'll see how it goes ... she's a cute and bubbly kid - I hope she gets all the endorsements she deserves. If she doesn't then shame on the advertisers.

One more thing I'd like to say. I was saying to my wife I remember watching the Olympics 30+ years ago and other countries athletes looked like other countries athletes. Watching the Olympics now --- except for the language differences all the other countries look like us - and we look like them. Amazing what the information age has done to make the world seem like a much smaller and recognizable place.

11. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

looks like just bad timed commercial, plus there's this -

"The rings, also known as steady rings (in contrast to flying rings), is an artistic gymnastics apparatus and the event that uses it. It is traditionally used only by male gymnasts, due to its extreme upper-body strength requirements."

so obviously nbc couldn't have been hinting that that is gabby, because female gymnasts don't even participate in that particular event!

12. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Had the coverage and commercial been through FOX, a different member would have been crying racism. Nothing to see here, move along.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,113 / 3 / -10

Dear Liberals:
    We all know it was a mistake, it's the double standrad in the way it was handled after the fact.
    Do any of you deny that the Left Wing Media would have gone insane if Fox, Drudge or Limbaugh had done something similar, Do You?

We all come from monkeys, we look just like them, arms, legs, toes, fingers, nose, mouth, penis, we stopped growing tails, we have a "tail bone" though.

Al Franken looks like a gorilla.

I know a women in Maine who has a tail, she can wag it, she also has three tits, her family won't let her out during the day, they take her out in the yard at night, my uncle had sex with her (so did my aunt)

14. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I would have pointed out the same fact that rings is a male event

when fox does racism it's accompanied by this douchebaggy smirk......

because they're ******* douchebags

15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +893 / 7 / -3

I think that's part of Wolfs point. I'm guessing anyway. That had this been Fox, it would have been labeled as certifiably intentional, and racist. I don't think Wolf believes this was done intentionally. I think he's simply posting it to make a point of sorts. IMO anyway.

16. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,468 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I don't see the big deal; an obvious oversight. However, the reaction from the American public says a lot more than NBC's mistake.

I do tend to agree with the point that had Fox made this error, there would be a much different and less forgiving reaction. Take from it what you will.

17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

Good for them for apologizing. NBC has built up enough credibility on the issue of race that my guess is their apology will suffice. Fox does not have as much credibility on race, except among whites.

18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +236 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

...and Wolfpack wouldn't have started a thread on it but I guarantee you a liberal would have. A mistake is a mistake no matter who makes it though, right? I think one's unwillingness to learn the truth says as much about them as it does the people they automatically assume are guilty. I don't think one can justifiably have the attitude that since they think they're usually bad they don't care if they're wrong about them this time around.

Oh and NBC on race? Did you forget bout the Zimmerman "he looks black" editing?

19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

NBC certainly made a mistake, and they apologized, and they have addressed other issues over the years. I think there should be an investigation. I don't want racists at NBC anymore than I wants CFO's harassing minimum wage workers at Chik-Fil-A. But, the reality is that media outlets build up credibility among some groups that insulates them to some degree from attacks. Did you ever notice that Fox TV has some of the most raunchy and perverse tv shows, yet the religious right never calls them on it? It's because overall, they regard Fox as an ally. It's the same type of thing in my opinion.

20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +445 / 11 / -14

There is a double standard liberal media outlets are allowed to be racist and sexist as well as lib pols.

They get a pass fromlibs because their hearts are ASSUMED to be in the right place since the stereotype of conservatives is that they are racist they aren't allowed to make mistakes (even if it their words actions being twisted).

We have seen many examples over the years and it won't change.

WP just pointed out the latest example.