PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Season Opener: Heat @ Celtics

If I can find some cheap tickets for the Vikings game, I might just come up there and go to the Garden to witness this.

nike-witness-poster.jpg

Miami_Heat_Logo.jpg

Game is tonight @ 7:30pm on ESPN.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. Wade has a tweaked hamstring and, because of that, he hasn't played with the team in about a month. On top of that, Mike Miller is out for God knows how long with a destroyed thumb. This is going to be a tough one to gut out. On top of that, the Celtics will bring in their traditionally tough defense and Paul Pierce is looking thinner and more in shape than ever.

In all, I gotta go with the Heat to win it... but not by much. Maybe by one or two.

Ray Allen looks younger than last year ... :D

Miami 9 points this quarter ... 16-9 Celtics ... lots of nerves I guess.

Last edited:
Wow. REAL sloppy quarter for both teams. Miami can't keep leaving Ray Allen alone on the three point line. Boston ahead. You can tell that this is a team that has had lots of time together vs. a team that has almost no time together. Wade VERY rusty.

Heat are playing really good defense so far. Getting their hands on passes, contesting most shots. If they can get their offense going, it might be a better game.

Also, LOL at the new rules.

Heat are playing really good defense so far. Getting their hands on passes, contesting most shots. If they can get their offense going, it might be a better game.

Also, LOL at the new rules.

Yeah LOL on the rules ... the Celtics are going to be killing teams with their bench. If our opponents starters can't play most of the game they will be in trouble. Our bench could beat a weaker teams starters. basically if our starters hold serve we'll win many games with the bench.

Yeah LOL on the rules ... the Celtics are going to be killing teams with their bench. If our opponents starters can't play most of the game they will be in trouble. Our bench could beat a weaker teams starters. basically if our starters hold serve we'll win many games with the bench.

Yeah. Celts bench is killing it right now. Travis Daniels looks good. I'm still wondering what's up with Ilgauskas. Even though Anthony is leading the game in rebounds, Ilgauskas looks like the better match-up for Shaq.

Someone let Dwyane Wade know that the custody hearing is over and maybe it's time to hit some shots. :cool:

Yeah. Celts bench is killing it right now. Travis Daniels looks good. I'm still wondering what's up with Ilgauskas. Even though Anthony is leading the game in rebounds, Ilgauskas looks like the better match-up for Shaq.

I forgot you guys gut "Z" ... he's a good shooter but LOL on the rest.
better than Shaq though ... Shaq missed layups. Imagine either of these guys playing back in the day at this age.

Shrek and Donkey
BigBaby.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot you guys gut "Z" ... he's a good shooter but LOL on the rest.
better than Shaq though ... Shaq missed layups. Imagine either of these guys playing back in the day at this age.

Shrek and Donkey
BigBaby.jpg

I forgot we got a lot of people. Seeing Eddie House at the beginning of the game was actually a surprise.

:bricks:

Nice, we're finally scoring in transition. Bout damn time. :mad:

Whoops. Someone should have told the Heat that they couldn't just show up for this game. That they actually needed to, you know, play? God help them if they get blown out. Spoelstra will have the noose around his neck so fast that it will make his head spin.

Whoops. Someone should have told the Heat that they couldn't just show up for this game. That they actually needed to, you know, play? God help them if they get blown out. Spoelstra will have the noose around his neck so fast that it will make his head spin.

wow Z looks way skinny ... must be on the blow... :p.

Seriously he looks like a PF now.

Cedric Maxwell on WEEI today said this game is like 2 dogs pissing on a bush ... means nothing really.

Last edited:
Alright. Let's get it to a 10 point difference, go into the locker room, and settle the hell down.

wow Z looks way skinny ... must be on the blow... :p.

Seriously he looks like a PF now.

Cedric Maxwell on WEEI today said this game is like 2 dogs pissing on a bush ... means nothing really.

I understand that, but the Miami media doesn't. Pat Riley probably doesn't understand that either, since you know that he's dying to get back to the bench.

I understand that, but the Miami media doesn't. Pat Riley probably doesn't understand that either, since you know that he's dying to get back to the bench.

shaq looks like he's already dead heading to our bench ... he may not last to November. I'm expecting a phantom injury for Shaq so he can come back for the last 20 games or so.

shaq looks like he's already dead heading to our bench ... he may not last to November. I'm expecting a phantom injury for Shaq so he can come back for the last 20 games or so.

I was just talking to my father about that. He's sweating like a pig.

2009-10 Heat: Points in 1st Quarter (Season Low) - 12
Tonight: 9

2009-10 Heat: Points in Half (Season Low) - 32
Tonight: 30

The first half of tonights game has offensively been worse than any game the Heat played last year.

Last edited:
I was just talking to my father about that. He's sweating like a pig.

...and you said that nicely ... he looked like he was ready to pass out to me.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back