PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

National Football Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I really enjoy this website immensely. Seeing this "article" on Profootballtalk.com is mind-bending. What do you guys think of NFP and what do you make of this plagiarism stuff?

ProFootballTalk.com - A STUNNING CASE OF INTERNET NFL PLAGIARISM

Excerpt:

As to two former scouts who once worked together for the Browns, Mike Lombardi and Chris Landry, a league source has pointed out to us stunning similarities between their most recent columns.

Landry writes a “Scouts Notebook” for Sportsnet.ca. Lombardi currently writes for NationalFootballPost.com, and is believed in some league circles to be positioning himself for the Lions’ G.M. job.

One of them clearly has borrowed without attribution of any kind the thoughts and the words of the other.

Compare the items for yourself — Landry’s December 1 column is right here, and Lombardi’s is right here.

Reading the whole article, there is simply no possible way to make a case for coincidence.

I just read this as well... I had never heard of Landry so my first inclination is to believe he is the culprit.. I love Lombardi's articles and enjoy when he is on my Comcast Sportsnet-Philly's daily sports show... agree these articles are way too similar, PFT also linked to 2 other articles that were obviously copies of each other. Maybe Borges is involved somehow.

A couple of things to point out here. First, Florio and Lombardi have taken shots at each other almost from the day National Football Post started. Lombardi began NFP in part because he felt PFT had become to pro football what TMZ is to journalism, and that Florio had burned so many bridges with his spreading of rumors that PFT was no longer providing football fans with quality analysis. Florio took offense and has shot back at Lombardi and NFP, notably during the AL Davis firing of Kiffin.

PFT has been around for several years and Florio has done a great job marketing his site, constantly appearing on television and radio shows. NFP has only been around for a few months and has nowhere close the amount of readers, but it is probably the number one threat to taking away some of PFT's market share.

Both articles are dated December 1, but the NFP site has comments time stamped prior to 10 am. Most likely the NFP article was posted first.

Personally, I visit National Football Post far more than Pro Football Talk now. Far less quantity, but better quality in my opinion. The odd thing is that Florio bringing this up introduces his readers to what eventually will be his biggest rival.

Is it possible that each site employs the same "outfit" to manage and post articles on these web pages? Is it possible that this can be explained some other way than to say one blatently took the others' material? Landry has been around for awhile, he's on the radio as a guest either on FOX or ESPN. I would think he would be bright enough to realize that this type of duplication would not go unnoticed. Interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Is it possible that each site employs the same "outfit" to manage and post articles on these web pages? Is it possible that this can be explained some other way than to say one blatently took the others' material? Landry has been around for awhile, he's on the radio as a guest either on FOX or ESPN. I would think he would be bright enough to realize that this type of duplication would not go unnoticed. Interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Tell that to Mike Barnicle and Doris Kearns Goodwin

Landry has been around for awhile, he's on the radio as a guest either on FOX or ESPN. I would think he would be bright enough to realize that this type of duplication would not go unnoticed. Interesting to see if anything comes of it.
Evidently Landry is supposed to address it on a show that begins at 3pm today. Hopefully it's some kind of mixup or agreement, I listen to Landry whenever he's on (not enough) and always find him to be one of the better football guys on the radio.

Evidently Landry is supposed to address it on a show that begins at 3pm today. Hopefully it's some kind of mixup or agreement, I listen to Landry whenever he's on (not enough) and always find him to be one of the better football guys on the radio.

That's what I am saying. he seems pretty knowledgable, and he rev's up around draft time and bridges that gap b/w college and pros. He seems to know quite a bit more than that Kiper fella!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes