PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Solder will not be used as a tight end ENOUGH ALREADY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I swear every time I turn on sports radio the same guy calls up suggesting Nate Solder should play tight end in the Super Bowl. I understand he played it in college, but we already have 2 of the greatest tight ends in the game today. Stop the insanity please I'm begging you! :bricks:

I swear every time I turn on sports radio the same guy calls up suggesting Nate Solder should play tight end in the Super Bowl. I understand he played it in college, but we already have 2 of the greatest tight ends in the game today. Stop the insanity please I'm begging you! :bricks:

I'm confident that however much he's used as a TE will be enough.

I'm guessing you mean "Tom Brady will not throw Nate Solder a pass?" Because Solder has already lined up at tight end on a number of occasions, and will Vollmer healthy and Gronkowski banged up, that's likelier than ever.

If Vollmer's healthy, Solder will almost certainly get some snaps at tight end. He took 23 snaps as a tight end in the first matchup between these two teams.

Last edited:
you could potentially benefit from a drink, man

It's nice to have players that can play more than ONE position......

BB will utilize them as he sees fit...:rocker:

You can beg all you want Bakes, but its gonna happen. In fact it already has, on many occasions.

The Pats have lined up Solder along with Volmer/Cannon and Waters at different points all through the season. There have even been times where Solder has actually gone out into the pattern. This is a formation you would have seen even if Gronk had been healthy. Now that Volmer is back and Gronk is gimpy its even more likely you will see it. My estimate will be 10-15 snaps, plus a Solder pass reception

I'm guessing you mean "Tom Brady will not throw Nate Solder a pass?" Because Solder has already lined up at tight end on a number of occasions, and will Vollmer healthy and Gronkowski banged up, that's likelier than ever.

yeah I mean do we really think Nate Solder's playmaking ability is the key to victory?

I agree the versatility is important and in fact I predict Aaron Hernandez will be the MVP with a rushing & receiving TD in the game.

I think it would be smart to line up Solder as a 3rd TE on obvious passing downs for a 6th OL in to block and remove the RB

He'll line up at TE. That's a virtual certainty. Whether he runs a route or catches a pass is another story. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Vrabel with him. Though is Gronk is healthy enough, it's hard to justify throwing to an OLineman.

Um, Nate Solder has lined up as a TE a bunch of times this year. What are you talking about OP?

Um, Nate Solder has lined up as a TE a bunch of times this year. What are you talking about OP?

That was exactly my reaction when reading the OP.

I think the ideal would be for the Giants to be on high alert all game for a pass to Solder, which never comes.

If Volmer is good to go, I can see Solder playing more snaps at TE than T.

As said above, if Vollmer's good to go, Solder WILL play some TE. Just because they say he may, doesn't mean he HAS to catch a football.

Not to mention he's the best RT we have right now.

They tried using Nate as a TE in first Giant game at Gillette and the Pats couldn't move the damn football.

Pretty simple, spread the Giants out, keep Nate at RT he has been rock solid over there and throw the football and run out of the shot gun.

Last edited:
He will play TE. He will stay in to block and chip the defensive end. He will turn the block over to the tackle then make a short release down the field for a short dump off in the event no one is open and to make sure someone from the Giants D is forced to cover a man. I am pretty sure Riess has already stated he is doing this. I would be shocked if it doesn't happen Sunday. I

I don't think anyone thinks Solder will do anything like Gronk does but acting as a blocking tight end and running routes for short dump offs is lilely to be in the game plan as they have already done it. Why do you think they will stop ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye