PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Solder and his 5th year option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leemo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
So we picked up Solders option... Can someone confirm if we cut him we carry no dead money over and save 7.4million. I believe he must be cut by first day of 2015 league year, 1st March. Can anyone confirm this?

The date is March 10th. On that day his $7.4 million becomes fully guaranteed. Right now, it is guaranteed for injury only.

Thanks for confirming Miguel

Maybe they can trade him for a pick? If they cut him they don't get a compensatory I guess.

We've had this discussion on Solder in at LEAST 3 other threads, do we need to repeat it all again? Where is our imagination, innovation, and inspiration. Are we becoming like Hollywood, only able to produce sequels, prequels, and remakes of old threads? C'mon man

We've had this discussion on Solder in at LEAST 3 other threads, do we need to repeat it all again? Where is our imagination, innovation, and inspiration. Are we becoming like Hollywood, only able to produce sequels, prequels, and remakes of old threads? C'mon man

I agree with you on the "Nate Solder sucks/No he doesn't" arguments, but the OP was concerned specifically with his contract guarantees. I haven't seen that information anywhere else (it's probably out there, but if you're not in that particular thread at the right time it's easy to miss).

We should cut Matt Light, he sucks at blocking Jason Taylor.

Pats can only trade Solder after his salary becomes fully guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back