PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nate Solder and Dan Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSolderKing

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So... have we found our new Center in Dan the man Connolly?

Solder is a special Talent:):):)

any word on Vollmer is his injury really bad? I really hope not.

Connolly was very impressive filling in for Koppen. Is Connolly our new man in the middle?

My boy Solder gets enough praise... I really want to know what our Center situation is like now?

Last edited:
Solder almost shut out a 14 sacks guy so he gets high grades. Couldnt ask for more.

Connolly, better at C than I´ve seen him at G usually. This might be his spot, lets see some more games.

Rumor I heard was that Kopen broke an ankle?

Also hear rumors of the Pats needing to pick a FA for more depth on the O line. Maybe now that I think of it that was just speculation posted on this forum.

Rumor I heard was that Kopen broke an ankle?

Also hear rumors of the Pats needing to pick a FA for more depth on the O line. Maybe now that I think of it that was just speculation posted on this forum.

he did and I see him on IR possibly... can we afford to carry another wasted roster spot on a guy that will be out for 6-8 weeks? probably 8 it was his ankle:eek:

GUNNAILS we have depth. You JESTERS do not have that tremendous luxury of quality substitute players . JETS have JAGS while we have awesome depth:):):)

Vlad>Solder :) :rofl:

Last edited:
he did and I see him on IR possibly... can we afford to carry another wasted roster spot on a guy that will be out for 6-8 weeks? probably 8 it was his ankle:eek:

==========================================

Maybe it would be best just to cut Koppen and then try and resign him when he got healed up?

here's to hoping that cannon is fit for the roster come time.....with connolly at C, we are even thinner at OG......

we are obviously set at OT when vollmer gets back

GUNNAILS we have depth. You JESTERS do not have that tremendous luxury of quality substitute players . JETS have JAGS while we have awesome depth:):):)

Vlad>Solder :) :rofl:

=======================================

Maybe, but the Jets broken leg depth is closer to healing then the Pats broken leg depth.

Maybe it would be best just to cut Koppen and then try and resign him when he got healed up?

very well put dude. Hats off to ya:cool:

Maybe, but the Jets broken leg depth is closer to healing then the Pats broken leg depth.

imo Koppen is not that good. Connolly could very easily be our center going forward if all continues to go well.

God Bless Mo Lewis

could we have a similar situation w/ whoever allowed Connolly to enter @ C.

I do NOT encourage injury... this could very easily paralell the Mo Lewis Bledsoe instance if Connolly continues to impress.

obviously Connolly won't be a Brady Talent, but he could be much better than Koppen imo (time will tell):cool:

imo Koppen is not that good. Connolly could very easily be our center going forward if all continues to go well.

God Bless Mo Lewis

I do NOT encourage injury... this could very easily paralell the Mo Lewis Bledsoe instance if Connolly continues to impress.

obviously Connolly won't be a Brady Talent, but he could be much better than Koppen imo (time will tell):cool:

I won't argue with any of that.

Can't --- Koppen was injured during normal football activities which limits the Patriots' options. They can keep him on the active 53 but not play him for the next six to eight weeks while he heals OR they can place him on the IR, pay full salary and find a new warm body to take roster spot #53.

Those are the options the Patriots have with Koppen.

Can't --- Koppen was injured during normal football activities which limits the Patriots' options. They can keep him on the active 53 but not play him for the next six to eight weeks while he heals OR they can place him on the IR, pay full salary and find a new warm body to take roster spot #53.

Thank you for your response, to further help me clarify things.

Would it be accurate to say the Pats can cut Koppen, and then not resign him this year.

There by freeing up a roster spot, not sure why they would do that as they would be still on the hook for salary and medical bills, and by puting him on IR would allow them to retain him and not be a financial loss.

And they'll want him to have access to team training staff while he heals.

Or they could come to injury setlement and cut him.

I haven't been able to find any answer to the question of whether an injury settlement can apply in a player's final contract year. As I understand it, the settlement is calculated as a percentage of their next year's salary.

=========================================

I see, you can't cut a injured player. You would have to agree on a settlement before doing so.

God Bless Mo Lewis

God Bless Mo Lewis???

Really disturbing post TSK. first of all the Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe did extremely serious damage to him and shouldn't be celebrated in any way. Brady was going to take that job anyways and while it's fine to relish Brady taking the job celebrating the injury to Bledsoe sucks.

As far as Koppen goes he has been exceptional for the Patriots and the idea that Connolly is suddenly better is way way way off the mark, if he was he would already be the center, and the constant refrain in this forum to get rid of great players in favor of draft picks and completely unproven players is naive at best and ignorant at worst. Over the last year Patriot fans have wanted to get rid of Mankins, Light, Welker, Faulk, Koppen and others and those pushing those ideas have been wrong on every count.

God Bless Mo Lewis

Not sure your gonna find anyone who agrees with this. Koppen was a solid starter. Connolly I view as more a journeyman/lunch bucket guy.

What I wanna know is who is Our backup center now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes